Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stock exhaust insert.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Stock exhaust insert. Empty
PostSubject: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Run across this just now wondering if anyone has tried it or some feedback. Sais fits WR250R
http://www.motosport.com/pro-circuit-quiet-insert-with-spark-arrestor
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 10:54 pm

It fits the WR250R if you have a ProCircuit exhaust....I doubt it fits the stock can. If you want a more open exhaust with the stock can, get the Graves Hi-Flo insert. Mine has one on the stock can. I've since installed a Q4 and I don't find it's much louder than the Graves insert on the stock exhaust.

Link: http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-Yamaha-WR250R-WR250X-Hi-Flo-Exhaust-Insert.html

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:05 pm

I have the graves also, works fine and not too loud.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 pm

The Pro Circuit insert is intended to quiet a noisy muffler, not open up a restricted muffler to add power. I can't imagine how it would be useful paired with the stock WRR muffler.

The Graves insert is intended to open up the stock muffler. Unlike the stock muffler, or the Pro Circuit insert, the Graves insert doesn't have a spark arrestor.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Mine does, I went to the dollar store and bought a stainless sink screen and used a stainless clamp, and put it over the muffler side of the graves cap, didnt hurt anything and its legal, works just fine, I also drilled a couple of holes in the baffle which opened up the stock muffler, she sounds purdy hahahaha
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 pm

Hmmm misleading dddog Thought I found a deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock exhaust insert.   Stock exhaust insert. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock exhaust insert.
Page 1 of 1