Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. Empty
PostSubject: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 pm

My day of simple mods didn't go so simple. I bought the quiet core modular insert for powercore 4. Doesn't fit but even if it did, it just removes the sexy bass and makes it sound higher pitched and more obnoxious (tested it with endcap off, no where to mount it though and the end cap wont fit with it sitting in there.) Also worth noting, when you take the sparky out, you can see clean down to the header. Powercore 4 is basically a fat straight glasspack. No wonder it has so much bark. Would really love a white brothers from back in the day or a super trapp so I can adjust how obnoxious I am. Decibel dog looks cool but overpriced.

Now for the axle sliders... could not find any sockets that would fit down inside it to tighten the nuts. Tried about 5 different ones. Even the very thin ones wouldn't fit. Ended up using metric nuts from a chevrolet intake manifold with the built on washers ground down to fit. Same threads but smaller nut so I could use a socket that would fit in there.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 am

if it didn't fit you got the wrong one.... I have one but I ended up taking it out.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 am

I got the this one : http://www.bikebandit.com/fmf-powercore-4-mod-quiet-core-insert?WT.mc_id=1484958&CAWELAID=338435725
which one was I supposed to get?

This one? http://www.woodsriderparts.com/products/FMF-Titanium-Power-Core%7B47%7DPower-Core-4%7B47%7DQ4-Quiet-Core-Insert.html
Now that Ive had the sparky out, it does kind of look like that one.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 pm

yep, looks like the second one you posted... I didn't verify part numbers though
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

T-Rex Axle sliders - They're a breeze to work with on my bike. 17mm deep socket for the rears and 13mm deep socket for the front. No problems.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 am

No probs with the front or rears. Only had probs with the frame ones. Would either of had to drill the slider or use a smaller nut. I went with smaller nut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.   Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible. Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiet core didnt fit and T-Rex frame sliders are impossible.
Page 1 of 1