Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Heidenau K60 Scout

Go down 
+17
Coop
bigg
FreckledAvenger
essadv
sewerat
mordicai
cryptomundo
Arkmage
wristpin
TBird1
rokka
dnf
Jäger
sturgeon
PYG RYDR
mucker
SheWolf
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 am

Tires are in, defintely the Scout's and not the old K60's style. Pics to come tomorrow when it's light. Sorry, sporadic posting due to forestry related stuffs...but I'm kinda pumped to give these things a rip! Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 93746 Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 379944 Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 61865

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Tires are ON! Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 93746
Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Cimg0110

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Cimg0111

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Cimg0112

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Cimg0113

Now to take them for a rip. Should be interesting to see how they respond to the shit and abuse. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 619190

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:46 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Now to take them for a rip. Should be interesting to see how they respond to the shit and abuse.

lurk

Did you mount 'em yourself? The wider widths like 140 and 150 are pretty stiff.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:59 pm

These are the 120 profile, so no worse than any of those. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 61865 As for the ride, I have to say that they ride incredibly well on pavement. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 379944 They don't skitter in tar strips, uneven pavement, cracks, painted lines like the TW's did, or in fact, like a lot of tires I've run. Very stable, sticks like glue even in wet pavement (I got to run through a good stretch of country road where a good 3 miles were wet from irrigation lines overspraying the fence line, and some construction that had the roads watered down by a tender truck for another 2 or so miles). No vibrations, fairly quiet, and the lean angles reminded me of when I had my 600 sportbike. You can really hang it sideways a fair ways for a tire with this stature. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 93746

As for off road, they track well in loose gravel (I got up to 50 mph on one stretch that was nothing but marbles), hit some sandy spots and they were fine as long as I kept my ass over the back tire and throttled thru it. No mud; it's way too dry for that with the weather we've had. Single track I was pleasantly surprised by the mannerism; loose dirt and loam the back dug in and held. Front was a bit snotty but with a bit of throttle feather and weight distribution it went thru corners fairly well...just not as fast as I normally would with the 606's (but that goes without saying; the TW's wouldn't even do anything close to what these tires did Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 640571 ). Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 810411

All in all, so far I'm quite taken with these skins. They've given me a new appreciation for the 'true' dual sport tire, where they actually do work on a variety of terrain, and feel well planted in doing so. For once I can actually give a tire of this breed a thumb's up, confidently. I wouldn't think twice about going out and dropping cash on another set once these spin off. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 619190

Too bad I can't do my fire patrols on this thing, that would be a really good test. 300km of all off road content....just don't have anywhere to store all my gear without it getting in the way. Oh well, I'll have to try to swing a 'Home Before dark' once I can ditch work for a weekend. Suspect

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am

Good review, thanks thumb
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm no expert but it sure looks to me like your front tire is on backwards.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Actually it's not. The direction is facing that way, and it gets incredible bite with it. Less noise too from what others have told me. Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 61865

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:20 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Tires are in, defintely the Scout's and not the old K60's style. Pics to come tomorrow when it's light. Sorry, sporadic posting due to forestry related stuffs...but I'm kinda pumped to give these things a rip! Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 93746 Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 379944 Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 61865
Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Cimg0110

Does that front tire of yours say it's a Scout on the side? Because it definitely looks different than mine as far as the block pattern:

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Imgp8710

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Imgp8711

The reason I'm asking if yours says "Scout" on it isn't because of "my tire is newer and better than yours", but because I was told I was paying more for the same size Heidenau's as you purchased because mine were the Scouts and your front was just the regular K60. If they are in fact exactly the same, then my already pissed-off state of mind is going to get worse. Why you ask... well, read on.

But wait! You say... "I get that the tire on the right is your old worn front TrailWing, and the tire in the middle is your new Heidenau front tire to replace it... but what is that strange tire on the left?"

That, gentle readers, is the 100/90-19 Blackfoot and/or Fullbore screwed up in sending me as a 120/80-18 rear. Anyone got a tire shrinker/expander jig handy?

There ain't an emoticon in anyone's collection relevant to my mood at this particular moment... I am about ready to take a human life.

Arriving 20 days after I ordered and paid for them... I could have sworn delivery was four or five business days... can't recall right now. Could have drove to Ontario and back to pick them up, with time left for a bit of partying along the way. Twice...

Meaning, *&%@^!@~`&%!!, that my Idaho/Montana mountain ride, already delayed while waiting for these tires, that I came in to change tires and leave on this afternoon is probably dead and buried for this year. My bags are packed... and I don't have a rear tire that I would trust to head out into the mountains on.

I will hold my keyboard on further comments until we see what Fullbore and Blackfoot do tomorrow to remedy this. If a tire isn't here by Thursday, then it really doesn't matter much, and Thursday is probably too late anyways. A look in the bike shops tomorrow to see if something suitable is there for sale, I guess. Hasn't been so far.

I really am bummin' on this... when you're on the wrong side of 55 with more years behind you than you have in front of you, a missed opportunity for an adventure ride isn't something you can assume you'll be around and able to do next year. Very, very, very pissed off... and desperately trying to be fair with a "well, these things happen" attitude. Yes - but surely not two screwups on an order, each adding further delays. And to make matters worse, I couldn't have better weather forecast for the next little while if I was God and could order the weather up myself. Will it be that way next year?

I suppose the moral of this story is to never assume you can get a new tire with a week or so's notice... keep your next tire hanging on the wall next to your new chain slider, waiting...

Apropos of nothing whatsoever, it appears you mounted your tire oriented in the direction of travel as indicated by the manufacturer. My pic above is with the wheel oriented in the manufacturer's indicated direction of travel and appears to be the same as you i.e. "^" of blocks pointing back towards the rider. I was unsure whether you were going to try your Heidenau front mounted backwards to manufacturer suggestions as Greer said many do with the Mefo Explorers.

BTW, that 19" tire they sent me is an interesting duck. As pictured, it is oriented as the manufacturer says it should be mounted as a front tire. As a rear tire, it's to be reversed. Maybe of interest to the guys with 19" wheels... I don't care much right now. And it is a K60, not a Scout. Looks very similar to the block pattern your pic shows of your front, except it also has some siping on the the tread blocks.

Now I'm going to go have myself a little Midol Moment and cry my eyes out because my bike is stranded in the garage without shoes.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:48 am

I know you are frustrated with your tire situation, can you find a Dunlop 606 locally and get on your ride?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:13 am

Nope. Hit the local shops today. Nothing.

The replacement Heidenau is supposed to be arriving tomorrow. Too late; I'm done.
Back to top Go down
dnf

dnf

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 am

Bummer.

Definitely ordering from Dualsport.

Hope they fix it to your satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 am

Has anyone run these on 17" wheels yet? It looks like there is a 140 option that would work on the rear and a 130 option that would fit on the front (same setup as us folks running the shinko 705s).

I want to start doing more dualsport type rides and having the more aggressive design would help tons in the mud and sand. Can't quite afford a second set of wheels yet and my rear shinko will be toast by my next oil change (it's got 6K miles on it).
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:55 pm

New for Revzilla heidenau
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: 150/70/17    Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 am

Wonder if a 150/70/17 will fit on the bike? I run that size in a distanzia but all tires are different.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 am

mordicai wrote:
Wonder if a 150/70/17 will fit on the bike? I run that size in a distanzia but all tires are different.

I kinda doubt it. I haven't got a lot of room for the chain with a 140 shinko and these have more edge knob. Might get lucky, but at the cost for these I wouldn't push my luck.
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:17 am

I might be able to get you actual mounted width of the 150/17 as we have it on the wife's Versys, not much more then 1000kms on the tire but liked it so far in the roads I have ridden, much better then the Shinko ever thought of being.

Now any mileage reports on these tires? I am looking for something to put on mid summer to last my daily commute and still be acceptable on the weekends with the boys. I am fortunate enough to have a tire machine in my shop so complete swap outs are less then an hour for me, but I don't want to do that every weekend, only on the sloppy ones wink

In reality I am looking for the longest lasting tire for the least amount of $$$ kinda like a MPG thing poser2
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 am

Just ordered a 140/80/17 to replace my Distanzia 150/70 rear. Anyone running this size on their x?
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Any news on how these tires work for our WR?

And I am seeing varying sizes including 120-90-18, and 140-80-18.

Which size works best?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 pm

PYG RYDR wrote:
Any news on how these tires work for our WR?

And I am seeing varying sizes including 120-90-18, and 140-80-18.

Which size works best?

I would thinkit would depend on how much road riding you do. I haven't mounted my 140/80 yet, but boy it's a great looking tire. I think I'm going to love it for 50/50 riding.
Back to top Go down
essadv

essadv

PostSubject: how does this tire compare to the Dunlop 606 for fire roads?   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Like dirt forest service roads and straightforward mountain single track.
Back to top Go down
FreckledAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm

I took the plunge yesterday and got myself a K60 Scout (front) to replace the poor trailwing which I have tolerated for 22000 kms ... I had read of some people on other forums complaining that it was a fairly noisy tyre but I can confirm that I got no more road noise than the old trailwing (maybe they were talking about the older K60 rather than the newer Scout). I can not wait to get if off road next weekend to try it out ...

I noticed that they are still not offering a K60 Scout in the 120/80 18" size as yet (like they have for the K60 version). I know production is changing over from the K60 to the K60 Scout progressively so I wonder if/when they will get around to offering one or is the current range of sizes it?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

any long term reflection on these tires? mainly how long do they last?? I ride 90% pavement and got 6,800 miles on the stock TW and will need replacing soon. Do the K60 Scouts last longer?

also, here in Germany on their website currently are only listed the following sizes:

110/80 B - 19 M/C 59T TL M+S
130/80 - 17 M/C 65T TL M+S
140/80 - 17 M/C 69T TL M+S
140/80 - 18 M/C 70S TT M+S
150/70 B - 17 M/C 69T TL M+S
150/70 B - 18 M/C 70T TL M+S
90/90 - 21 M/C 54T TL M+S

I'm guessing there is no big difference between the 90/90 and the stock 80/100?
how about the rear though? Which size is better/fits the wrr?

Also what is the main difference between the scouts and the normal K60? Looks like they have the correct size for the wrr for the normal K60
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 am

Revzilla sells the Scout in 110/80-18. Smaller than stock size but will work. I was just looking at them as I have one freebee used MT43 left but that will only last 800-1000 miles at most so I have been looking at tires and can't decide if I want a 50/50 tire or soemthing more aggressive.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/heidenau-k60-scout-rear-tire
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Got my eye on these tires also. Need to find some more offroad reports on
a bike this size. I've been searching, and all reports ore on bigger bikes.
Need an update from SheWolf on how they work...
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Between a Distanzia and D606 offroad - long tread life   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 pm

grnd0 wrote:
Got my eye on these tires also. Need to find some more offroad reports on
a bike this size. I've been searching, and all reports ore on bigger bikes.
Need an update from SheWolf on how they work...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heidenau K60 Scout
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next