Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Heidenau K60 Scout

Go down 
+17
Coop
bigg
FreckledAvenger
essadv
sewerat
mordicai
cryptomundo
Arkmage
wristpin
TBird1
rokka
dnf
Jäger
sturgeon
PYG RYDR
mucker
SheWolf
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Just Bob

Just Bob

Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 am

Subscribed.

She Wolf to the white courtesy telephone...
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Since I could not get the 120-18 in the K60 for my upcoming 3000 mile ride in the next few weeks, I ordered a TKC 80 as an experiment. My 606's might go 3000 miles if I was careful, but doubtful based on my experience so far. I will let everyone know how the TKC's work out.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 pm

grnd0 wrote:
Got my eye on these tires also. Need to find some more offroad reports on
a bike this size. I've been searching, and all reports ore on bigger bikes.
Need an update from SheWolf on how they work...
Report???

Finally got the proper rear tire in fall of 2011.  To late for the big ride, but piled on the miles until the snow fell, all of 2012, and the beginning of this year.  Have a new front in the garage, and remembered this thread while shopping for a new rear just now.

So, these aren't the best for mud (obviously) but they are pretty damned good for a true dual sport tire.  They shine for 50/50 dual sport and are very planted on hardpack dirt and asphalt - I have scared myself a few times cornering in low speed sharp turns on asphalt and suddenly found I was dragging my boots/pegs.  I wasn't planning on doing that when it happened... they just felt that solid I found myself there.

Finding the stock 120/80-18 sizes is a bit difficult.  There seems to be some Heidenau confusion going on - there's the K60 (available in that size) and the K60 Scout (not available).  As far as I can tell, the difference is in whether or not there is a center rib, but don't hold me to that.  I was told by Heidenau last year that all their K60's were going to be transitioned to the Scout tread pattern but it would take a while.

Anyways, for 50/50 dual sport, these are a pretty impressive tire.  For those whose dirt riding is primarily hard dirt, they should be pretty happy as well.  For those who only ride the slab to get to the trails, are heavy into mud, etc... maybe not so much.

Now to find myself some more of these tires in the stock sizes.
Back to top Go down
romaracer

romaracer

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 am

So I wanted to get some more info on people experience with this tire. I have been riding on 606's rear and mt21 front. I would like a set of tires that are more road friendly since I noticed I am riding mainly on roads, fire roads, hardpack, and some single track with loose dirt. Not much mud and sand.

I really would like a tire to be sticky and corner well on tarmac, while hold its own on off-road. Also might do some long highway trips through mountain passes with a some nice twisties that I would like to attack.

Looking at the Heidenau k60 scouts, Pirelli mt90, Karoo 3, and any others people might suggest.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 7:08 pm

romaracer wrote:
So I wanted to get some more info on people experience with this tire. I have been riding on 606's rear and mt21 front. I would like a set of tires that are more road friendly since I noticed I am riding mainly on roads, fire roads, hardpack, and some single track with loose dirt. Not much mud and sand.

Well, I've been replacing them with more of the same since the first post detailing when I did the switch from the Trail Wings.  And it seems like we have a similar riding profile, so they would probably work pretty good for you.

I think Trail Wings would work pretty good for you as well.  I was quite happy with the Trail Wings, especially when I could get them for free or nearly for free when everybody was crying about "death wings" and couldn't get rid of them fast enough.  Now you don't see that approach so much, and I do think the Heidenau's are slightly better performers.

Anyways, I'm still riding on them, and still happy with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout   Heidenau K60 Scout - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heidenau K60 Scout
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3