Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SpeedoHealer #'s?

Go down 
+3
flatboarder
motokid
clapped_r6
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 pm

could we have a thread where people post what speedohealer numbers they are using, including what their sprocket ratios are?

i'm going to put putting new chain and sprockets on (14/49) and would like a starting point of reference rather than trial and error with the GPS.

????
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:52 am

For those of us with the 12 o'clock labs devise, most probably just used the calculator on their web site.
I know that's all I did. I have no clue what numbers I put in. Set it and forget it.

The 12 o'clock labs calculator even lets you input the rear tire size from stock to aftermarket as well.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs

Last edited by motokid on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:45 am

Here are my values. I want to get the odometer accurate, not the speedo. All those values have been verified over lengthy road distances with GPS and my new Trail-Tech Voyager kit with front wheel sensor:

1. all stock WR250R (13/43, nobby tires, T63, TW301/2): -4% (speedo stays 7% off)

2. WR250R supermoto (17" wheels) with stock transmission ratio 13/42: -7% (speedo 7% off)

3. WR250R supermoto with onroad commuting and fuel saving ratio 14/42: 0% thumb (speedo 7% off)

(Supermoto rear tire: 150/60-17 on 17" x 4,5" rim)

As said, I want a correct odometer and do not mind speedo reading being inaccurate by 7%. Values are optimized for medium rear tire wear.
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 am

With a 13/48 gearing combo and a Distanzia rear tire with a different size than stock, my correction ratio for speed was around 22%.

I was showing 22% higher mph's than what it should have been.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Akasy

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Just for info   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:55 am

You will never get the speedo on this bike spot on even with the speedo correction.

Mine was the normal 22% optimistic box stock. Put on the speedo correcter with an MT21 and dialed it in--all seemed fine thru a couple of sets of MT21's. Swithched to a MT43 for the TAT and it was off--no surprise since the MT43 is a bigger hoop and I was going back to the MT21 on the first tire change.
Switched back to the MT21 and all was well--but--riding the TAT is a lot of miles in a short time and you are frequently checking the speedo and odo.
I could actually watch the speedo change with the wear on the rear tire since I was riding so much.

It was spot on when new but over 4mph off by the end of the tires life--which occured over about 9 days.
So the lesson is you can get it right for new but it will be off as the tire wears and the amount is not insignificant.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 am

Akasy wrote:
You will never get the speedo on this bike spot on even with the speedo correction.

Mine was the normal 22% optimistic box stock. Put on the speedo correcter with an MT21 and dialed it in--all seemed fine thru a couple of sets of MT21's. Swithched to a MT43 for the TAT and it was off--no surprise since the MT43 is a bigger hoop and I was going back to the MT21 on the first tire change.
Switched back to the MT21 and all was well--but--riding the TAT is a lot of miles in a short time and you are frequently checking the speedo and odo.
I could actually watch the speedo change with the wear on the rear tire since I was riding so much.

It was spot on when new but over 4mph off by the end of the tires life--which occured over about 9 days.
So the lesson is you can get it right for new but it will be off as the tire wears and the amount is not insignificant.

This is why I said "Values are optimized for medium rear tire wear.". Since my target would be odometer correction, I need "overall-values".
Displacement for new vs. worn rear tire is around 3%, which is considerable.
However, do not forget that riding offroad will create much of displacement anyway, since there is lots of slack at the rear wheel most of the time.
For offroad usage I would recommend front wheel measurement (or GPS measuring, in case it is not too twisty).
But then, this needs further consideration: in case you need the value to calculate fuel consumption instead of navigation, you may better stick to rear wheel measurement :)
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

12/43 sprockets, 130/90 tire on back, rest is stock; -18% on SpeedoHealer..
set it with GPS..
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 am

motokid wrote:

The 12 o'clock labs calculator even lets you input the rear tire size from stock to aftermarket as well.

I couldnt help but notice that it/they compensated my tire size incorrectly...(something like %2.7....the larger diameter should have corrected the speedo, not made it worse. Anywho, their numbers were correct but in the wrong direction.
.,..can anyone sober coaberate this?
Back to top Go down
Shoootr

Shoootr

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: wel ok   SpeedoHealer #'s? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:15 am

I run stock size (120/80) Pirelli Rallycross MT21
14/48 sprockets
-15.5% put me dead on according to GPS (tires are new)

I swap out the the 14 for a 12 sometimes but havent calibrated for it because I don't run the 12 on the highways much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpeedoHealer #'s?   SpeedoHealer #'s? Empty

Back to top Go down

SpeedoHealer #'s?
Page 1 of 1