Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight   Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Approaching an intersection with a stop light and left turn lanes. Speed limit is 50mph.
It's dark and there's plenty of traffic, but it's moving.

I'm first in line with a bunch of cars behind.

Coming other direction there's cars in turn lane.

Fuck-tard in Chevy Suburban turns left across my path forcing me to emergency brake and evade eating Chevy.

The wr250x performed great. Back end got real light and locked up. Back end stepped out but was controllable.

Suburban kept going and I let off brakes and swerved left and jogged right to miss rear bumper before I could even think
to look for horn or anything.

I was so amazed at how close I'd just come to a bad mess that I pulled over to shoulder for a second to get heart pumping again and unclench sphincter.

Had I not been practicing motorcycle survival 101 I would have hit the Chevy.

Cover brakes approaching intersections and assume people will make asshole moves any chance they get.

If karma is real - I hope there's a Suburban driver getting explosive diarrhea at some point in the near future.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: C'mon now... Be Serious !    Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 pm

If you were practicing what you should have learned in M/C survival 101 you would have anticipated that Suburby turning in front of you.

You'll probably hear it from more than one of us but NEVER, EVER, EVER approach an intersection with unrestricted cars in an oncoming left-turn lane with ANY EXPECTATION that you will be given the right of way. EVER !

...and you knew this already. Didn't you ? Be honest. Don't tell us you didn't.

Be very glad you didn't have to lay 'er down potentially into and heaven forbid, under the front of it.

Edit: Can you please detail exactly how you unclenched your spinky... Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight   Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Funny...I was at a t-bone intersection today. The car in front of me, at the stop, was a VW Beetle convertible with a dealer plate slung on back. We're not that big a town so, It was obvious they were here for the university, just over yonder.
Anywho, they were positioned to go left ...through a red...trying to go. Then the light turned green...my hairs stood up the whole time...thought for sure i had to witness something...
Without the cage...i can get a li paranoid.

Ride it like a good fight...

Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight   Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:10 am

I always ride assuming everyone is trying to hit me. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight   Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:09 pm

IAmABug wrote:
I always ride assuming everyone is trying to hit me. Works for me.

I usually do as well and since I am riding on R wheels on pavement try not to ride very aggressively. Well today I let my guard down on my morning commute and it almost cost me. If you take the OP's story and swap chevy suburban for chevy 1 ton that is what happened to me this morning. Luckily he saw his mistake and floored it or else I would have hit him for sure even with my evasive maneuvers. As it was I missed the rear bumper by about a foot.

I am seriously considering getting some X wheels for my R if for nothing else but safety. My rear MT43 locked up almost immediately and I was afraid to clamp down too hard on my front brakes with a brand new 606 on the front (I was thinking it might be better to fly over the bed of the truck then slide underneath it).

I got my R for the dirt but use it to commute to save on gas, but now I am starting to wonder if its worth it. My luck is gonna run out someday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight   Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn near T-boned a Suburban Tonight
Page 1 of 1