Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I fell off the bike today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
meirc

I fell off the bike today Empty
PostSubject: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi
I fell from my bike today WR250R year 2009
Nothing broke but i dont have elctricity which means :No clock,speedometer etc , no light,can't start the bike.
I manage to start the bike by pushing but there is no power and if i leave the gas handle the bike shuts off and cant start it again only by pushing and even that its very hard comparing to the usual.

I went over the battery connectors and other electricity connectors that i found but they all connected very well.
when i start it by pushing an ornage light appears (check engine) and the bike is luck of power like something wrong with the fuel injection or something like that.

Do you have any idea what wrong?
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:09 pm

meirc wrote:
Hi
I fell from my bike today WR250R year 2009
Nothing broke but i dont have elctricity which means :No clock,speedometer etc , no light,can't start the bike.
I manage to start the bike by pushing but there is no power and if i leave the gas handle the bike shuts off and cant start it again only by pushing and even that its very hard comparing to the usual.

I went over the battery connectors and other electricity connectors that i found but they all connected very well.
when i start it by pushing an ornage light appears (check engine) and the bike is luck of power like something wrong with the fuel injection or something like that.

Do you have any idea what wrong?

When you push start the bike, do all electrical gauges turn on (clock, speedometer, lights, etc...)? How old is the battery? Sounds like the same symptoms I've experienced with my 07 r6. I put a new battery in and problem solved. I guess it will giving out a bad voltage signal since it was old and caused the bike to run in safe mode.

When i didn't change the battery I had to hold the throttle to start it and keep the revs up. I pop the bike in first gear while holding the throttle to 4k rpm and ride it up to 30mph and release the throttle to let the transmission slow the bike down then the bike rides normal after doing this.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:16 pm

WITHOUT turning on the car, you could use jumper cables and connect motorcycle battery to car battery - WITHOUT TURNING ON THE CAR - and seeing if you get some instrument lights.

That would signal bad battery to me too.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Batteries are so friggin fragile, I would start there myself.
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: OK I will try   I fell off the bike today EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:35 am

But it seems strange
If i start the Bike by pushing and it works even then it works strange.
If i was the battery so when i manage to start the bike the battery has no influence right?
I guess its not related to the battery but its worth trying.

Back to top Go down
thumpjump

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:08 am

meirc wrote:
But it seems strange

If i was the battery so when i manage to start the bike the battery has no influence right?

I'm not 100% sure on the R2, but many bikes do not produce enough power at idle or low RPM to run all the electronics, including Fuel Injection, off of it's own stator power. My Triumph would have all kinds of problems on a nearly dead battery. I would bet you damaged the battery and it isn't holding much or any charge. When you bump start the bike, I would guess it's just limping along with low power going to the fuel pump/injector. You can usually bring the battery to an auto part store and have them load test it for free.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

meirc wrote:
But it seems strange
If i start the Bike by pushing and it works even then it works strange.
I guess its not related to the battery but its worth trying.

Battery is easy thing to check. It's kinda the K.I.S.S. approach. Eliminate that as possible problem then move on.

On a different note, see this thread. <-- click it

Maybe you have same issue? scratch And maybe the fix is just as simple, although hidden from view?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: You were right   I fell off the bike today EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks guys
You were right.
It was the battery that died suddenly
Replace it and everything goes well
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Cool. Glad to see your bike is fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I fell off the bike today   I fell off the bike today Empty

Back to top Go down

I fell off the bike today
Page 1 of 1