Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Side Rack Options (with pictures)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Side Rack Options (with pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Okay Okay, I know you've all read about the different side racks for the WRR/X horse but I was hoping to get some input from those of you who've tried them. So here are my thoughts:
1. If i've got to run to the grocery store, I'd like to enjoy the ride along the way, take the bike and load the bags with dutch whatever I pickup.
2. I want to keep my Buddy Pegs.
3. I need something that isn't going to interfere with... well my riding. Strap it down and it shouldn't move.

So my question to all of you is,: When it's on, is your luggage tightly secured? Is it attached so noone can unhook and walk off with your bags? Are they easy to get into? and other stuff like that...

So here is what I've found so far.

---WOLFMAN SIDE RACK---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) WOLFMAN_SIDE_RACK_2
Side Rack Options (with pictures) BackroadsMoto%252520Rack%252520-%252520WR250R

---TCI DENALI RACK---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) DENALI%252520RACK

---TCI SEQUOIA RACK---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) SEQUOIA%252520RACK

---DIRTBAGZ---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) DIRTBAGZ

---HAPPY TRAILS RACK---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) HAPPY%252520TRAILS%252520RACK
Side Rack Options (with pictures) HAPPY%252520TRAILS%252520RACK_FULL

---EB's SIDE RACK (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)--- dddog
Side Rack Options (with pictures) MICS_SIDE_RACK_2

---AND OF COURSE, THE CUSTOM ROUTE scratch ---
Side Rack Options (with pictures) Custom-Rack

So, if anyone has any input, PLEASE POST (pictures appreciated) because I MUST find an alternative to my current setup. I'm pretty sure my WRR is planning something to get back at me...

Side Rack Options (with pictures) Unhappy_bike_current_setup
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm having a similar problem deciding if I want to go with a giant loop or a set of wolfman panniers. I think I've pretty much tossed the idea of hard bags due to cost.

Right now I'm leaning towards the giant loop mostly because I don't want to tote around those funny looking racks without the bags on them during hooligan rides and the like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Right now I'm leaning towards the giant loop mostly because I don't want to tote around those funny looking racks without the bags on them during hooligan rides and the like.

I hear ya. That's why I'm kinda leaning toward the Wolfman or Dirtbagz. Problem with Dirtbagz iz, you loose your buddy pegs which is a deal breaker for me unless I could modify to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm leaning toward the wolfman because they are the least unattractive... I know I'm shallow. I'm OK with that.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm

How much are you getting at the grocery store? Serious question... because you missed my favorite option, the wolfman enduro saddle bags. No racks required, can fit plenty of non-bulky food items. Also fits a 12pk. preferably the more squarish packages that beer thankfully most commonly comes in anymore over long fridge packs like crappy sodas get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Okay, I caved guy... And gals, and ordered the wolfman side rack. wings

Soon enough WRR, the milk crate will come off. Thanks for everyone's comments, err well one or two of you.
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 am

whitea42 wrote:
[/b]

So, where can I get the Bamboo Kit? poser2
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 pm

whitea42 wrote:

Future KLR owner?

hide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side Rack Options (with pictures)   Side Rack Options (with pictures) Empty

Back to top Go down

Side Rack Options (with pictures)
Page 1 of 1