Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Official FI Mapping Area

Go down 
+122
eram310
Stigy
PrettyRicky218
Knobby
Pint
RkBoss
10fiecd
Alfred Dogman
yanbed
softjeans
Rhys54790
Jremeee
born2ride88
HiQ
soupbowl
beefcakemorris
DutchTerror
2006kj
tp110mx
Evol
JohnnyBeagle
RYDNDRT
Crazy M
RAV1980
motardmixion
LordMDP
honeybadger
rsteiger
Biglake
FTWeather
unoR
dmmcd
canyon63
StreetGhost
quillbro
oops99
rjudge
skrew
foofighter
germanwr250r
weezy
ueyteuor
sr1
rinconrider
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
SM57
BPG
sock monkey
Bikesquatch
Arkmage
Carmmond
KC0514
Drewmugx5t
00PowderSpecial
skidmarx
lesagesix
oic0
mr-cave
bfgjohno
nap
PYG RYDR
DanLap
shep
RT3856
dfrosted
AaronWhitt82
Midnite171
mcwbyu82
wrxpro
soggytire
wifarmboy
onelove
Sproat Sport
mattnadz
SoupSandwich
Mikechicago
oldirt
cuban11182
Simmo
greer
cryptomundo
Ozy
Tammy
Jomamaha
blewwrx
keith_mahoney
ramz
motokid
Matty
andy mac
shoein
Six8
mkearl
pvecchio
skierd
mwagman
jason meacham
deerHater
rpo83
Jäger
mullet2006
Don T
King Wolf
Infra
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
INSTIGATOR
X-Racer
10Cup
canitokintax
sswrx
Broo C em
YZEtc
0007onWR
Longview
ZED
levity
PQRS...
mwakey
asheville thumper
SheWolf
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jomamaha

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Haven't checked plug yet ,but probably time. Just happy that it's so easy to get to The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 613970 . . Throttle doesn't seem to help either. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Anyone running a PC5 ???
Maybe we can have a sub area for this??

I'm going to load 2 maps one to save gas on the longer races thumb
Back to top Go down
Jomamaha

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:27 am

Jomamaha wrote:
Since adding my programmer bike is much harder to start (takes 3 or 4 tries with a warm engine) . Has anyone else experienced this and maybe be able to add some insight?

Mods :
flapper glued
airbox door removed (problem still occured with it on)
fmf programmer
stock pipe
AIS still aboard

running she wolf's suggested 1.5, 2.5, 1.0, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5

Plug is okay . I think it's the fuel pump impeller issue . Been having more trouble with that. Going to the stealer on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Infra wrote:
Power Commander V
Delta Barrel 4 exhaust
k&n air filter
airbox mod
stock gearing

I am using the rustyg61 pcIII map that Dynojet converted to a pcV map for me. Bike seems to run fine, but just installed all those goodies today and only put about 15 miles on the bike.

Infra,

How'd that map conversion work out for you with the PC5? Gas mileage? Power down low/mid/high, etc etc...

Any input appreciated. Can ya' post the map or a link to it?

Thanks! The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 61865

Artoo
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 am

Jomamaha wrote:
Since adding my programmer bike is much harder to start (takes 3 or 4 tries with a warm engine) . Has anyone else experienced this and maybe be able to add some insight?

Mods :
flapper glued
airbox door removed (problem still occured with it on)
fmf programmer
stock pipe
AIS still aboard

running she wolf's suggested 1.5, 2.5, 1.0, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5

I installed an FMF programmer today running the same numbers and it starts fine. Not sure how it performs because it been raining cats & dogs all day...... The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 9356 The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 9356
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Still looking for users with updated PCIII settings.

What's working ? What's not ?

Any dyno runs with various settings ?

I've set my own and butt dyno'd, but other's input and suggestions are welcome !
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm

One of the things I thought adding a programmer would do would be to smooth out the harsh deceleration. I'm stoked at the performance increase but on decel, especially in 1st & 2nd gear it almost puts me over the bars.

Is this just a characteristic of FI as it's the first injected bike I've ridden??

Using 1.5 2.5 1.0 8 4 4.5

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:21 am

After installing the FMF power programmer I notice a gas smell every once and a while. I dont think I noticed this before. It is currently set to 3 5 1 8 1 1 - I thought if there is a leak then I should smell it when my bike is turned off. A friend of mine riding next to me also could smell it. I am assuming the one cylinder is not able to burn all the gas if your hard on the throttle and am wondering if I should adjust the power commander settings or is this normal? Im not sure which setting I should play around with.

Note: I have FMF Q4, stock header, air box flapper mod, 606's, 13/48, and AIS removed.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:07 am

Have you considered opening up the airbox? See the link in "Drilling the Airbox" below.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Simmo

Simmo

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:47 am

I've been reading all the varying formulas for fuel mapping with the FMF programmer but haven't seen any one with a GYTR muffler post a set up.
I have a Gytr muffler, AIS removed, Flapper screwed down and 13 / 48 sprockets. The exhaust has still got the O2 sensorbut the EXUP removed.
I have the FMF programmer and I plan on installing in the next week or so.
The stock settings are set up for the FMF exhaust system. How similar would that be to the GYTR? dunno
I would be looking for a little more low end power so would altering the 4th setting to a 1 or 2 help? ( default is 8)

Too many variables.......so many questions scratch
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Ok, after reading through the thread, I'm still lost.

Can someone suggest a starting point for my tuner which will arrive tomorrow?

It will have:

Ais Removal (don't know if that makes a difference)
FMF P4 slip on and will have exhaust flapper
Flapper glued down

I'm at sea level.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Cube, the FMF and the "Tude use the same parameters, so you could start out with the one I did at the bottom of my first post. You can keep adding or subtracting from there, it all depends if you want it tunes for economy or for performance.

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:24 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Cube, the FMF and the "Tude use the same parameters, so you could start out with the one I did at the bottom of my first post. You can keep adding or subtracting from there, it all depends if you want it tunes for economy or for performance.

Thank you Shewolf. I've done alot of serching and it seems like that is the best to start with.

Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: PCIII maps   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

I have downloaded most of the maps that were floating around the internet as well as blending variations of those maps. IF, some one knows how I can "file" all of my maps, I would be more than happy to put them in a post, at the least it would give others a starting point other than what DynoJet offers. I found there base maps less than desirable for me and the places I tried to use them. Ultimately, a good DYNO tune would be preferred.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 pm

greer wrote:
Have you considered opening up the airbox? See the link in "Drilling the Airbox" below.

Sarah

that might be a good idea .. thanks
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm having a little bit of hesistation in first gear with my FMF tuner. I have the P4 pipe, AIS delete, flapper glued, and airbox off. Current settings are as follows:

3.5, 4.5, 1.5, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5

What setting should I change? I live in Tampa Florida, so my elevation is about sea level.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:33 pm

I ran with the stock settings 3 4 1 8 4 4.5 for a while and decide to try out 3 5 1 8 1 1. I noticed two things, the bike responded much better when hitting the throttle which I think is the result of changing the yellow from 4 to 5. But I think it might be a little too much because sometimes I can smell gas (and a friend riding with me as well). I also hear some popping every once in a while. The other thing I noticed is on the highway the bike seemed not to run as smooth. It seemed like it might be running too lean when accelerating/cruising at high speeds. I decided to tweak my settings a little. I think even though the bike responded better, I think the yellow 5 might be too much to I dropped it to 4.5 The other change was changing YB & RB back to stock settings (maybe fix the highway problem).

Here are my new settings 3 4.5 1 8 4 4.5

So far so good .. bike seems to be running pretty good. Time will tell. Im not hearing any popping, bike is still responding great and feels good on the highway. Its getting colder up here in the NE and will not be doing as much riding, so i probably will not know for sure until next summer. Next year I plan to replace the stock header with FMF PowerBomb and then take the bike in for a Dyno test.

One other thing to note. I noticed a couple of times recently, when on the pavement, in second gear, heavy on the throttle and high RPM, the bike cut out. I am not sure if its related to air, gas or me hitting the red line. I am hoping the Dyno would weed out this problem.

2009 R
FMF Q4 + stock header
FMF PP
AIS & Servo removed
Flapper glued
13/48
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: motokid: your current settings?   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey motokid, what are your current AI programmer settings?

I just finished installing Q4 + megaBomb, and ripping out the AIS.
I have NOT yet done any airbox mods.

Taking WR250X down to PA this weekend, meeting some riding friends. Will likely do some bike swapping so hoping I can get mine set up OK. (I'll likely get a little time on a new Ducati Multistrada, the one with 150 HP and Ohlins front & back. That should be interesting! wink )

Bike started up, idled and reved fine with:
3 - 4.5 - 1 - 8 - 4 - 4.5

I might get in a short post-mod testride tomorrow, or might not get a chance before weekend, hence my request.

Thanks, Greg.
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 3:10 pm

So let me get this right,

5 = Yellow/Blue = Adjustment of delay in acceleration mode fuel turns on. (.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

Does this refer to the "choppy-ness" when you FIRST twist the throttle????

I want a smoother transition from throttle closed to opening

Does any of this make sense? dunno
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:32 pm

08 WR250X
Elevation: 150-200 ft
FMF PP
FMF PC4
Stock Header
AIS removed
EXUP removed
Flapper removed
Air box door removed
Stock gears

Current settings as of 12/16: 3, 4.5, 1, 2, 2, 2
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Hey guys so I just installed the FMF Q4, powerbomb and powerprogrammer, also put a 12T front sprocket. I already have the AIS/EXUP/Flapper removed.
Just wondering what is a good setting for the most acceleration and performance??? I need all I can get to beat my buddy who have a all stock 05 suzuki DR400SM in a race Very happy
P.S. Don't care to save a dime on fuel at all. As long as the motor doesn't blow up lol.
also elevation is 600ft or 190m above sea level.
Thanks
Matt.
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Anyone running the FMF programmer with a GYTR exhaust? Problems with that?
Back to top Go down
onelove

onelove

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Im in Colorado at about 4000 ft. and up. Did the homemade ais delete and an open air box. anyone at altitude with suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.
Just put the box on last night and have not played with it. Dont really want to, just want to set it and forget it.

Ride hard. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
wifarmboy

wifarmboy

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I just got my mega bomb powercore and fmf programmer on and a few times now its all but died at cruzin speed its set at high fives settings any clues what to do..
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 pm

wifarmboy wrote:
I just got my mega bomb powercore and fmf programmer on and a few times now its all but died at cruzin speed its set at high fives settings any clues what to do..

Check to make sure you installed everything right.
Check to make sure you didn't pinch the gas line when reinstalling gas tank.

Disconnect programmer and run bike through gears to see if you still have an issue.

Don't run it for hours that way, but at least see if you can recreate the problem without the programmer hooked up.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official FI Mapping Area
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next