Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders

Go down 
+11
pollockk
muddyudders
Stolenfant
[TASF]Overkill
DragonNester
kriehl
Chrispy1200
Arkmage
ramz
Jäger
craftycoder
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mikeisha

DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Iphone   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Ant thoughts on an iPhone app? I am making due with the "dropbox" to "gps tracks" app combo
Back to top Go down
alexbc

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:03 pm

First of all I would like to thank you for the amazing software. I have uploaded a handful of tracks to it and used it to embed them on my blog. However, recently I have been contacted by a number of readers who say that the maps have now turned into an advertisement. I understand the need to run ads in order to provide services as useful as this but is there any way to keep them only on the main site, or perhaps to limit them to a side bar.

Thank you for considering my recommendations.
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: support   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 pm

One thing I noticed which I do not like is there is no support contract on the website. I have and only use base camp and I want to know if this is compatible with it.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:08 am

mikeisha wrote:
Ant thoughts on an iPhone app?  I am making due with the "dropbox" to "gps tracks" app combo
IPhone ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:12 am

alexbc wrote:
First of all I would like to thank you for the amazing software. I have uploaded a handful of tracks to it and used it to embed them on my blog. However, recently I have been contacted by a number of readers who say that the maps have now turned into an advertisement. I understand the need to run ads in order to provide services as useful as this but is there any way to keep them only on the main site, or perhaps to limit them to a side bar.

Thank you for considering my recommendations.
How much are you - and your readers - paying for the use of this "amazing software"? Pretty much free, right?

Well the coder who wrote all of this and hosts them on servers doesn't get the servers, the bandwidth, etc for free.

Something has to pay the bills...
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:17 am

Corndogs wrote:
One thing I noticed which I do not like is there is no support contract on the website.
Click on "support" and then "support forum".  Can't miss it...

Quote :
 I have and only use base camp and I want to know if this is compatible with it.  
.gpx files are compatible with just about all spatial software and certainly basecamp
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 am

I didn't have time to read through all the pages here but I see on the website that there is an app for android but when I click on the link nothing comes up and when I look it up on my phone there are lots of apps that come up. Can you post a pic of what the app would look like? I'm assuming it would say "dualsportmaps" but maybe it's called something else on Google Play.
With the app, does it have a record feature? Then we could upload the trail directly from our phone to the website?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:32 am

Check this link out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dualsportmaps.android

You may be out of luck. About a year ago, Google changed a bunch of their APIs and it screwed up a lot of features and code. Anyways, up until fairly recently there was a notice up on the splash page informing users that some of DualSportMaps features no longer worked and an extensive recoding of sections of the program were necessary. Anyways, to make a long story short, he took it down as being available for purchase on Google Play because it wasn't fully functional any longer. I don't recall what features no longer were supposed to work, but everything I ever used it for still worked just fine.

Anyways, as it stood the last time I looked at it, if you'd already purchased and downloaded it, it was still there on Google Play for you to download again in the future. But if you hadn't already purchased it, Google Play detected that and would not display DualSportMaps. It may be a while - if ever -before the coder does the rewrite. The app costs him money as does the website to run, so fixing it amounts to another long and expensive freebee project. And on the other side of the coin, for the last while his interest has been on the development of a small hand controller which will run all the apps on his phone while riding. Everything else is second to that project for him, last time I was in contact.

The Android app and DualSportMaps.com are two separate but linked things. The website came first and it is still functional as ever. The Android app, as described above, has problems due to the API change but still works. You can upload and download .gpx files to the website from just about any platform; you do not need the app to do any of that.

Hope this info clarifies things for you.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Unfortunately the link for the android app doesn't work. Thanks for the reply though and I'll just get used to the website and other mapping apps.
I found apps that work without cell signal if the mapped area is downloaded onto the phone but I am having a hard time finding an app that does this for off road trails/area's. Any idea's or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders   DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

DualSportMaps.com - New Mapping Site For Riders
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4