Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Foam air filter

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
King Wolf
derm75
7 posters
AuthorMessage
derm75

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I bought a PC Racing Flo Air Filter from BikeBandit.com. According to BikeBandit it fits a 08 WR250, doesn't specify F, X, R or anything else. The package that the filter came in lists about 30 bikes from different manufacturers with displacements from 125-450cc's, including WR250, again no F, X, or R.
It seems a little large. It fits over the mesh cage and into the airbox, but it's bunched up on the sides. I'm thinking that as long as it's sealed against the air intake it should be ok. Anybody have an opinion? dunno

Foam air filter 007

Foam air filter 006
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:14 am

Well i would say...this is for the WR250F def. Cause of the size. There is noway this is for the R or the X.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 am

Yikes! That thing is huge...I myself wouldn't trust something that didn't fit that like the stock one does in fear of dusting the engine. eeek

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Air Filter   Foam air filter EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 pm

According to Uni Filter's catalog, the WR250R / X use the same air filter as a '99 - '07 Yamaha TTR-250. Uni Filter number is NU-3238ST.

AK
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Opinion?

Send it back.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Trying to use that WR-250F air filter in your WR-250R looks like a sure-fire way to suck dirt into the engine because there's no way it can make a seal against the airbox.

Yup, the 2008 WR-250R air filter is the same as either the 1999 TT-R250 or 1986 TT-350 (anyone remember that one? ).

Even the people who work at the dealership I work for (including the owner) are amazed to hear me tell them that, no, my WR-250R ain't the same bike as the WR-250F with street-legal equipment.
It's it's own design and few parts (like the front sprocket and grips) can be swapped.
Back to top Go down
derm75

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 pm

I ended up going to Performance Cycle, a local shop looking for a filter. The reference books they had out didn't even list the R or X. I brought in the filter cage and just eyeballed their selection until I found something that fit. Ended up with a filter that fit 2000-something KTM LC4 and some other Yamaha or Honda bike. It's just the tiniest bit small but way better fit than the other one. Got some Filterskins to go with it and I think I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
eastcoastzigzag

eastcoastzigzag

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 pm

sounds like a good excuse to buy a K&N wings
Back to top Go down
derm75

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 pm

I have a K&N, but I've heard a bunch of cautionary stuff about using them for heavy off-road. I'm planning a week long 1200 mile ride through Idaho next month, with only 10-15% paved roads and I don't want to worry about cleaning and re-oiling the K&N. With the Filterskins I can just peel one off and put a new one on as needed.
Back to top Go down
eastcoastzigzag

eastcoastzigzag

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:04 pm

derm75 wrote:
I have a K&N, but I've heard a bunch of cautionary stuff about using them for heavy off-road. I'm planning a week long 1200 mile ride through Idaho next month, with only 10-15% paved roads and I don't want to worry about cleaning and re-oiling the K&N. With the Filterskins I can just peel one off and put a new one on as needed.

-----yep id yank my K&N too! being you will be on the road, have you tried the no toil biodegradable system. used it on a stroke i had and it was great washing filters in a reg ole sinks.
Back to top Go down
derm75

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:58 am

I've been using PC Racing oil but I've heard about the No Toil stuff, may have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foam air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foam air filter   Foam air filter Empty

Back to top Go down

Foam air filter
Page 1 of 1