Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? Empty
PostSubject: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Is there a difference? I bought quiet insert for FMF Powercore 4, does not fit. Well that sucks.
Soooo now I'm attempting to resell it or trade it for a DB Dawg, the problem is when I looked it up to figure out what exactly it DOES fit so I can better sell it, I can't figure it out. In fact, none of the powercore 4 accesories look like what are installed in my bike. My spark arrestor is different, end cap different, etc... I just walked outside to double check, yep my pipe says powercore 4 on it. Gee thanks FMF for producing products marketed for your own product that doesn't fit it.

Anyhow, should I just resell the thing as a powercore 4 quiet insert and hope it fits the bike of whoever gets it? Also, what quiet core insert DOES fit the pipe for our bikes? and anyone know the exhaust diameter for buying a db dawg? I would measure mine but the spark arrestor is in and its a pain to take in or out.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Are you sure the quiet core insert doesn't replace the spark arrester?

Can you post a link to what you bought?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 pm

is this what you bought? <-- clicky

That piece in my link looks like it'd bolt right into the end of my Q4 if I removed the spark arrester.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

When I bought a db dawg, it wouldn't fit into my pc4, without removing the spark arrestor.
It didn't quiet things like I hoped...it sounded better with just the spark arrestor, than just the db dawg.
And I think the spark arrestor is a good idea.
I'm not into shipping things...but if you were nearby, I'ld trade the db dawg for a beer.

I just read a post about the only difference between a pc4 and a q4, is the quiet insert. I'm interested in that, but am leary about fit issues...like you just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Looking at the quiet core insert that I linked to, I assume the spark arrester that came with the pipe is removed and replaced by the quiet core insert.

It appears the quiet core insert is a combination spark arrester and noise reducer all in one.

I'd love to see the OP post a picture of what he has, and/or a link to what he ordered or bought, and the end of his FmF pipe.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:52 pm

What I have is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZFYRS/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

Does look like it would probably fit in my PC4. This one does too. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/187/38465/ITEM/FMF-Power-Core-4--Q4-Quiet-Insert-w--Spark-Arrestor.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch
The one I bought labeled to fit in a PC4 is a metal plate with bolt holes and a pipe on it. :(

Last edited by oic0 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm

oic0 wrote:
motokid wrote:
is this what you bought? <-- clicky

That piece in my link looks like it'd bolt right into the end of my Q4 if I removed the spark arrester.

Does look like it would probably fit in my PC4. This one does too. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/187/38465/ITEM/FMF-Power-Core-4--Q4-Quiet-Insert-w--Spark-Arrestor.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch
The one I bought labeled to fit in a PC4 is a metal plate with bolt holes and a pipe on it. :(

this one???? <-- clicky

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Part number: 040171

I picked it because that is what FMF has on their site listed for the powercore 4 :( as per http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/344
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 pm

oic0 wrote:

Part number: 040171

I picked it because that is what FMF has on their site listed for the powercore 4 :( as per http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/187/4141/ITEM/FMF-Titanium-4-Quiet-Core-Insert.aspx

uhhh.....no......it's for a FMF Titanium 4

that's different than a Powercore 4

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah....I'd say the FmF site is fucked up...... (you changed your link didn't you you sneaky guy.....) Very happy

You should really write them a nasty letter and see if they'd reimburse you the money....

But who did you buy it from?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Seismic Cycles through Amazon. Honestly at this point, I'm thinking of just tack welding some pipe onto my sparky.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am

oic0 wrote:
Seismic Cycles through Amazon. Honestly at this point, I'm thinking of just tack welding some pipe onto my sparky.

Well, it looks like that's all fmf did. Simple fabrication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?   Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore? Empty

Back to top Go down

Our FMF Powercore vs Other Powercore?
Page 1 of 1