Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yaw

repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels Empty
PostSubject: repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels   repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm attempting to re-grease my wheel bearings on my SM pro dirt wheels. Normally I would pop the spacer seal with a large screw driver. On the SM Pro's the axle sleeve (correct term?) sticks out beyond the spacer. This makes it impossible to get the screw driver in at the right angle. I was able to pop one off but it certainly caused the seal to loose it's shape. Is there a better way to do this with the SM's? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
yaw

repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels Empty
PostSubject: Here is the reply I got from Central Wheel   repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 pm

"Talon have a press and a shouldered drift so that the alloy spacer do not collapse. If you knock the bearing and spacer out from the disk side, then knock it out the other way. He will almost certainly knacker the spacer so I would suggest he has 1 set of spacer and bearing kits for each hub".

I can see how one removes the bearing from the OEM hub. Use a tool to extract them. With the Talon Hubs there is a tube that the axle runs through. It will not allow you to use the standard tool to remove the bearing.

I can't quite understand what he is suggesting. How do you knock the bearing and spacer out? Won't it just be pressd futher into the hub? Has anyone here delt with Talon Hubs?

Back to top Go down

repacking bearings on SM Pro dirt wheels
Page 1 of 1