Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Two wires touched...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zinx

zinx

Two wires touched... Empty
PostSubject: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:47 pm

My friend was installing his front flashers and didn't disconnect the battery, then crossed to important wires and the unit doesn't turn on anymore. The bike won't start either. Fuses are ok (we checked that) but the unit is non-responsive and the taillight doesn't come on either...flashers are working though.

So, what's the deal? Any ideas of how to get out of this one?

Thanks for your help.

cheers
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm

have you checked ALL fuses? Main fuse at batt. including those behind left wingpanel?

Just checking... thumb
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 pm

mr-cave wrote:
have you checked ALL fuses? Main fuse at batt. including those behind left wingpanel?

Just checking... thumb

Thanks for checking, not sure how many fuses are on this bike. Stopped looking once we checked the fuses at the battery that has a spare right next to it. Fuses somewhere else? Excuse my lack of knowledge but where exactly would the fuse be under the left wing panel? Like I said we only checked the one near the battery connectors.

Thanks for the help.

cheers
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Look behind shroud on left side, clutch side, of fuel tank.

There's a panel of fuses back there.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:05 pm

motokid wrote:
Look behind shroud on left side, clutch side, of fuel tank.

There's a panel of fuses back there.

Well, I can tell you my friend feels dumb, but very happy right now. We found that the 10A signal fuse was blown. What threw us off was the Yam dealer actually. We called them up, having never worked on dirt bikes before, asking how many fuses where on this particular model. His answer was: "one spare and an other one" that's it! He also went on to saying that the unit was blown and we most likely needed a new one. I hate it when dealers (or whoever) don't take the time and jump straight to conclusions. Then again, we're calling him up over the phone, sucking his time for bikes we didn't even buy there so... but you should still know how many fuses are on the bike if you're the dealer no?

Anyways, when something like this happens logical step one is to check all fuses.... thinking there was only one (!) we checked it. The only plausible scenario after that was that something had popped within the unit :(

So thanks for the info guys, very helpful and very rapid. Much appreciated. It would of sucked big time if the unit had gone since we haven't even ridden theses yet. We're still transforming them into MX machines before the snow melts.

a few shots:

Two wires touched... Img_1518
Two wires touched... Img_1519
Two wires touched... Img_1520

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 am

Sorry for my bad and rather short explanation.... Shog but im glad you found the fuses and that it was the only problem. thumb

Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm

mr-cave wrote:
Sorry for my bad and rather short explanation.... Shog but im glad you found the fuses and that it was the only problem. thumb

You set us on the right track, thank you. Pretty noob misshap but you live you learn I guess.

cheers
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 pm

No, I din't have that thank you! I'll d/l it tomorrow at work.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two wires touched...   Two wires touched... Empty

Back to top Go down

Two wires touched...
Page 1 of 1