Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific Empty
PostSubject: Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific   Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:55 am

I found this thread very informative.

Then I watched the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP333s1nJkA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwr250rforum%2Eforumotion%2Ecom%2Fnew%2Dmembers%2Df1%2Fanother%2Dhello%2Dfrom%2Dtokyo%2Djapan%2Dt640%2Ehtm&feature=player_embedded

For those of you with wr250x machines how "open" can you make the airbox and not worry about water?

Would getting caught in a heavy rain with a wide open top like in the video cause a problem?

Or is it more of a problem for when washing the bike and spraying hose water everywhere? Or stream crossings if doing hard-core off-roading?

I'm liking the idea of leaving the "snorkle" part on the top of the airbox but cutting away all the plastic under it. I'm thinking the hole left by the flapper solenoid (sp?) would be a good place to mount my EFI unit when it arrives. I can just velcro over that hole right?

I'm just wondering how far you guys have gone with the airbox mods when the vast majority of your riding is on paved surfaces.

Thanks in advance.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific   Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am

Water will be an issue whether you own an X or an R², because both bikes can run into the same troubles on pavement and offroad, depending on how agressive you are with your riding style. I ride mine rain or shine. Personally, I feel leaving the top of the airbox open like that, or even leaving the side door off you're taking a huge chance. I've opened mine a bit, but all I did was drill a couple of small 'paws' into the top, and then covered them with Flow-Rite as an added protective measure. Many guys put their programmers where you put yours, some put it next to the battery and others, like myself, have put it where the ECU was, and put the ECU down into the space made available when the AIS was removed. thumb

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down

Airbox Flapper Mods- Entire Assembly Removal - X Specific
Page 1 of 1