Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
seattlewrguy

Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV Empty
PostSubject: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 am

i get my bike today, which is good because my parts are already arriving. i received my Tusk hand guards yesterday and will install ASAP and take pics.

i just wanted to share in the meantime, that even though the website at Rocky Mountain shows x1 of each part (aluminum handguard x1, plastic shield x1, turn signal x1) , it is a complete set of everything you need.

i ordered two of everything and i received two complete sets. no biggie, but i just wanted to make sure no one else here makes my mistake.

i will probably contact them and see if they will change the description as it only shows up in your cart when you go to checkout.

bike today and pics soon to follow!!!

Back to top Go down
xaman

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 am

I'm sure they will take the extra set back.

Looking forward to the pics of those installed...
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Just ordered the same for the green bike. I don't like the stock floppy plastic ones.

*edit* I lied. I didn't get the turn signal ones. I got http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/229/1036/-/9550/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-Spoilers

The wr is going to get HDB stuff when I can justify the cost.

Last edited by Arkmage on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:24 pm

I just put mine on a couple weeks back. Along with Tusk CR-HI 7/8'' bars.

Figuring what LED and lens go what guard (L/R) is a little tricky without directions. But everything else was easy to install and very durable looking units.

I'd buy 'em again. thumb
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 am

me and my buddy got our bikes last night. he said he wanted the second set of Tusk hand guards that were shipped to me. so the problem seemed to work itself out.
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Daamud wrote:

I just put mine on a couple weeks back. Along with Tusk CR-HI 7/8'' bars.

Figuring what LED and lens go what guard (L/R) is a little tricky without directions. But everything else was easy to install and very durable looking units.

I'd buy 'em again. thumb

did you have any issues with the throttle sticking? i loosened it a bit on the hand guard but it made no difference. my DR650 had a different throttle setup. i should not have put the hand guard so flush with the plastic throttle tube. i will take a look tomorrow.

Last edited by seattlewrguy on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I had that issue on mine. Only way to fix it properly is to loosen your brake and throttle clamp and slide them in a bit so that the hand guard can be tightened up without pushing on the end of the throttle tube.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am

Mine was sticking for two reasons.

1) When I cut the grip and throttle tube, I had a bur on the end and shavings inside the tube.

2) I did not tighten the throttle assembly evenly. Cocking it.

Also, remember the throttle assembly has a little "tit" on it to locate it on the stock bars. Grind/file that off if you move the throttle from "stock" location and/or are using aftermarket bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV   Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV Empty

Back to top Go down

Tusk hand guards w/ turn signals from Rock Mountain ATV
Page 1 of 1