Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Good news with some possible b00.

Go down 
+3
MotoKirby
TBird1
adumbpolock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
adumbpolock

Good news with some possible b00. Empty
PostSubject: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Sup Peoples,

It's been a little bit since I've done anything on the forum (I have been lurking though) but I've had a pretty good reason. I'm deployed and far away from my WRR cry. Well im gonna be home soon and I was about to buy every mod I've ever wanted. Working on and tuning The WRR was gonna be just the R&R I needed when I get home.

Well, just recently i found out that im gonna be PCS'ing to Okinawa, Japan in the mid September range. I couldnt be more pleased. However, talking to my sponsor and everyone else who is currently stationed in that lovely land. I'm being told to not even bother bringing my bike due to the JCI inspection. It seems every vehicle above 250cc needs to be inspected every 2 years and the only inspection places are on the mainland near Tokyo and I would have to pay to ferry/freight the bike to tokyo. I'm hearing it can cost as much as $3500-$4000. If that's true I've already told my brother i would give him the my baby. Wanna keep her in the family.

P.S - Everything I see written states "over 250cc are required to undergo an inspection" or "under 250 cc (15 cu in) are exempt and therefore not required to undergo an inspection". what would the WRR be? scratch
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:48 pm

I checked the bore and stroke listed in the owners manual under "specifications" and came up with: 249.594927274 cc. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Well technically speaking the WRR/X is 249.595 CC's, so you should not require an inspection.

Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Yep I came up with 249.5951381 cc.

I think you will be fine as this is always done for legal reasons. For example, all 50 cc scooters are never 50 cc but 49.8 or 49.9 cc.

You should be good thumb

But then of course you never know when the government gets involved... best of luck thumb
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

TBird beat me to it. I was still doing math.......
Back to top Go down
adumbpolock

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks guys. That little bit of knowledge changes the way I plan on going about this move. As long as I can verify that I don’t need the JCI. I’m defiantly going to bring it. My brother may be disappointed.

O, now im thinking about the mods again. FMF Q4, power bomb, power commander, AIS removal and flapper mod. I've also been thinking about doing a supermoto conversion. Man i just want to get home now.
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 pm

249 cc is stamped on the front of the jug. thumb Look right below where the header attaches to the engine.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:36 am

I've got friends at Tinker, and I'm pretty sure I know at least one person at Kadena. I'm 2A773...

Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 am

Do the sumo conversion for sure, but hold off on the noisy mods until you get there. Just my opinion, but its a small island and you'll have more fun sneaking around doing hooligan shit than blasting around with a loud ass exhaust. Plus once in Japan you have access to all sorts of home-market stuff that we don't see here in the states, might be something better over there than FMF.
Back to top Go down
adumbpolock

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

pbnut wrote:
I've got friends at Tinker, and I'm pretty sure I know at least one person at Kadena. I'm 2A773...

Im a 3D155 "radar maintenance" in the 3d CBCS. Actually kinda funny, I got the orders out of cycle because they're disbanding the unit and need to move about 600 airmen. Somehow the local news found out through a civilian contractor and ran a story well before any plans to make it public. Then it spread around facebook like mad, forcing the brass to hold an emergency all call to confirm it. We joke around it was the CC's secretary who's worked their god knows how long.

skierd wrote:
Do the sumo conversion for sure, but hold off on the noisy mods until you get there. Just my opinion, but its a small island and you'll have more fun sneaking around doing hooligan shit than blasting around with a loud ass exhaust. Plus once in Japan you have access to all sorts of home-market stuff that we don't see here in the states, might be something better over there than FMF.

Thats a good point skierd. Seeing as how Japan seems to take vehicle modding very seriously. I think ill just invest in a supermoto kit from http://www.motostrano.com/Supermoto-Conversion-Kits-s/1820.htm. Any suggestions on a specific kit? I was thinking the Bare Bone kit with Continental ContiAttack SM Supermoto Tire. I just want to be sure that I get everything I need.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news with some possible b00.   Good news with some possible b00. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news with some possible b00.
Page 1 of 1