Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
st3p

GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO Empty
PostSubject: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:06 am

Hi all,
as you know I was looking for a fuel programmer to optimize my modifications (LEO VINCE PIPE, K&N AIR FILTER, AIR FLAPPER MOD).

Sometime I saw a video about CO adjusting and read something about enrich the mixture by CO adjusting.
So I tought it's free why don't try? wink

Yesterday I decided to adjust CO (On the italian model is really easy - no wire connection...) and increase it and this morning I have tried the bike.
It's really better mostly in the mid range where I had a hole before... eeek

I can say that it's not a placebo effect because I put the CO back and the hole in midrange come back again. dddog

I don't know what is the effect of a fuel programmer but I can say that by CO adjusting you can find a configuration that give to the bike a little more. cheers

PS During CO adjusting you can see the RPM of engine; it's really funny running with it: Is it possible to run without speed and with RPM? scratch
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:10 am

With the Co-mode, you only adjust the CO-level at the idle. The european WrR's work with a o2-plug in the muffler-(mid)- pipe. You can remove this plug to have a bit more mid-rangepower, but you can not put more fuel in the mid or high range with the Co-mode. It is only to adjust the "building-tolerances" while idle (throttleposition 0-16 can see it in the diag-mode), to agree the emmision classification EUR 03...

If you install a programmer, you need to remove the O2-plug too, otherwise the ecu works against the programmer. The programmer will richen the fuel-mixture the ecu (with o2 plug) will make it lean. The same would happen if the Comode would work over the whole Powerrange.

Maybe you have had a coulder weather or drive from a Hill, while you change the Colevel- that could make you feel to have more power- more than the Co mode.
Back to top Go down
st3p

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:32 am

Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:50 pm

ok well i have a cdn bike, cant find the wire anywhere. no plug in pipe eather. do i need to find it and plug it in? will it run better leaving from lights/stop signs? or is it just for cali bikes? cuz i want to c how it works to teach my self.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

I mean the O2-sensor, which scales the exhaustgases (Not burned Oxigenium).
I have got a european WrR: if i remove this O2- sensor/O2-plug, i have more power at low- and mid range. I think the cal. WrR is the Same as the european... The sensor is screwed in the mufflerpipe and conected with a wire obove. I don't Know if all models have the same ECU and if they have all this wire to conect it.

I can't see the reason why someone want to install it, if he don't have to. The bike runs much better without it... I'lltry try to make pictures...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO   GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO Empty

Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS: INCREASING CO
Page 1 of 1