Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

easy programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr zannini

easy programmer Empty
PostSubject: easy programmer   easy programmer EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:57 pm

what would be the easiest programmer to have if you wanted to be able to make on the go changes? if im gonna ride the dirt ill need more low end so id like to be able to make adjustments. then when im gonna head back to the road ill need more high end for speed so it would be nice to be able to adjust back for that. any help would be nice.
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

easy programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: easy programmer   easy programmer EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:14 pm

mr zannini wrote:
what would be the easiest programmer to have if you wanted to be able to make on the go changes? if im gonna ride the dirt ill need more low end so id like to be able to make adjustments. then when im gonna head back to the road ill need more high end for speed so it would be nice to be able to adjust back for that. any help would be nice.

The Power Commander allows a switch to be installed to go back and forth between two maps. I recommend using a programmer to get you into a safe AFR and then have one map rich (around 12.8:1-13:1 AFR) for off-road and the one lean (around 13.8-14:1 AFR) in the cruise RPM/TPS areas for better gas mileage.

I am using the Power Commander V with AutoTune and the LCD. It's easy to setup but time consuming. I recorded some good data from logging every day to and from work but there were spots that I just couldn't get. I highly recommend a dyno tune with a good data log with any major upgrade. Once the AFR per RPM/TPS is known, a remap is extremely easy (with or without AutoTune). Or, do as I started and data log for a while to see what is going on. You will quickly see what areas of the map you will need to adjust and what areas you can let the AutoTune fill in for you. In my mind the LCD with data logging is just as important as the AutoTune.
Back to top Go down

easy programmer
Page 1 of 1