Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electrical Issues!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norman Perez

Electrical Issues!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Electrical Issues!!!!   Electrical Issues!!!! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Twice now my '08 WR250X has just shut off on me. Once, at an intersection where I jumped off and pushed the bike to safety. Second, a few minutes ago on the freeway. I had to cut across five lanes to get to a safe spot. The screen goes absolutely blank and the milage and time resets if I manage to get it back on at all. Almost like the terminals are loose. But upon removing the side panel nothing seems loose. Oddly enough. I push around a bit and the power comes back on. I figure something is loose or grounding. But what could it be? It absolutely shuts down the bike like the key is turned to the off position.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues!!!!   Electrical Issues!!!! EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm

there is a plug behind the radiator that is a common culprit. Did you check that one?
Back to top Go down
BramRutten

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues!!!!   Electrical Issues!!!! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 am

Hey, I've got the exact same problem. Happened twice untill now. DId you find a solution? I'm about to check all my electrical wires.
Will be checking that plug behind the radiator too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues!!!!   Electrical Issues!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrical Issues!!!!
Page 1 of 1