Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tail Lights

Go down 
+35
novaks47
unoR
bassandgrass
WRXsmv15
nahoj
jason meacham
daren721
Daamud
pbnut
thunderwagn
motokid
WRXZ
Jäger
WRXer
twday
cryptomundo
njbill
Tyler
Nelonen
john92
WRXR
aaronhall555
Sproat Sport
usgpru27
skierd
soggytire
edteamslr
SoupSandwich
clapped_r6
jeffpack1957
cleanrivers
mtb
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
YamWOW!
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tail Lights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

I can see it and that big honking globe right in the middle. Tail Lights - Page 2 163123

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 pm

that thing is as big as a small child.. could double for a wheelie bar, or a frisbie.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:38 am

jeffpack1957 wrote:
that thing is as big as a small child.. could double for a wheelie bar, or a frisbie.

I'm chasing Rydnseek's title for "most dubious farkling" poser2

No, seriously, I'll post a photo of the bike with it's clothes back on - it's not that big and does a good job of keeping the mud off the luggage and rider's back. It's one long piece of kydex, heat molded, that goes from where the seat bolts sit all the way to the tip under the numberplate.
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:12 pm

jeffpack1957 wrote:
scicass contacted me and they actually recommend instead this option

https://sicassracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_43_83&products_id=181

which is a direct plug and play for the wr250's.

No wiring changes, and accepts the flush mounted turn signals.

No drilling nor wiring changes required.

Sent me some photo's on a wr450 and it looks pretty good.

I finally mounted mine up last night. While the term "Easy Fit" was a bit of misnomer, I did get it mounted up, including the flush fit turn signals)

Tail Lights - Page 2 Dscn1953

Tail Lights - Page 2 Dscn1952

Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 am

Are the blinkers LED? Nevertheless looks great!
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

yup..

DRC Flush Mount LED blinkers.

Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:47 pm

I might get a set of those blinkers for mine, I'm using the DRC/12oclock labs taillight now and wouldn't had a little extra visibility for lane changes, turns, etc. I also believe I need turn signals for a few of the rides I'm doing next year.
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:15 am

Just mounted up HDB rear lights. They are bright and easy to mount. Actually fit in the old holes of the stock turn signals. Super bright from straight on but side visibility is limited.
Tail Lights - Page 2 Pc300110

Last edited by soggytire on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted image)
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Does anyone have the Edge2 kit with the smoked lens? How intense is the light compared to the regular Red. With the integrated turn signals I wonder if the smoked lens might be better?? What do you all think..
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Looking for a replacement taillight for the stock whale tail on my 09 WRR.

I see there is the Edge2 taillight for the WRX: 21-216 (which looks pretty slick)

and the Easy Fit Under Fender for the 07-10 WR : 21-187 (as recommended on this thread)

I like the fact that the Edge2 doesn't require a license plate bracket...looks like it's more integrated.

Anyone have the Edge2 installed?
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Sproat Sport wrote:
Looking for a replacement taillight for the stock whale tail on my 09 WRR.

I see there is the Edge2 taillight for the WRX: 21-216 (which looks pretty slick)

and the Easy Fit Under Fender for the 07-10 WR : 21-187 (as recommended on this thread)

I like the fact that the Edge2 doesn't require a license plate bracket...looks like it's more integrated.

Anyone have the Edge2 installed?

Yeah, I have the Edge 2 with 12oClocker's integrated circuit board and I love it. Makes the bike look soooo much better and you don't have to worry about breaking off turn signals.

Here's some pictures of my bike:
aaronhall555's WR250R
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 pm

jeffpack1957 wrote:
I finally mounted mine up last night. While the term "Easy Fit" was a bit of misnomer, I did get it mounted up, including the flush fit turn signals)

Looks good. What kinda problems did you run into? How bright is that taillight?
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Its as bright as any other LED based tail light. The only real problem I ran into, was I had figure out how to mount it, as the instructions just weren't even close. I dont know how the heck that was considered easy fit. But once I figured it out, there was only one hole I had to drill, a longer bolt, and a cut piece of hose to act as a shock absorber. So I used only existing holes (2 threaded, 1 non threaded) on the bike to mount up the fender. Wiring was a piece of cake, as it had the wr connector. The DRZ flush mount turns sig's are really nice. too.

Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks. Can you post another pic, maybe out of an angle?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:19 am

usgpru27 wrote:
Does anyone have the Edge2 kit with the smoked lens? How intense is the light compared to the regular Red. With the integrated turn signals I wonder if the smoked lens might be better?? What do you all think..

I bought the Edge kit with 12oclocklabs integrated turn signals from a member on here and it was the smoked lense. The smoke lense looked cool but I replaced it with a replacement red lense because it wasn't very easy to see. I would stick with the red if you want it to be seen at all.
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Here's the rear end on my -08 WR250X. The lisence plate holder and rear light are by DICE, and I cant remember the manufacturer of the arrowhead indicators.

Tail Lights - Page 2 Img0070di
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:14 am

http://www.langstonracing.com/eshopprod_cat_2442-19634_product_571968.DRC_Edge-2_WR250RX_Aluminum_H.htm

Does anyone know if the turn signals come with this kit? I'm very interested in this one. i like the look of it alot.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 am

That light only comes with the turn single mounts. I got mine in smoke and thought it did not flash bright enough. I got the red replacement lens also. It a great kit.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 am

You can also purchase the electronics to make the light work as a flasher. Check this out. You can get it direct from http://www.12oclocklabs.com/ Look into products and then Edge 2 processor board. There is a link that says see demonstration. I also got that. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I purchased the LED tailight kit and side flashers!! i found a different website that took 10 dollars off my total purchase + FREE SHIPPING!! Hopefully the installation isnt too tricky, I've never done a mod before.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 am

Tyler wrote:
http://www.langstonracing.com/eshopprod_cat_2442-19634_product_571968.DRC_Edge-2_WR250RX_Aluminum_H.htm

Does anyone know if the turn signals come with this kit? I'm very interested in this one. i like the look of it alot.
Thanks!
Is this available in the US?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:10 am

you can get it from 12 o'clock labs or wheeling cycle
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm

cryptomundo wrote:

you can get it from 12 o'clock labs or wheeling cycle

I was referring to this one:

Tail Lights - Page 2 Img0070di
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Sicass Easy Fit Under Fender   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Is this light really plug and play? As in, unplug old taillight from harness near battery and plug in the new one?

https://sicassracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_43_83&products_id=181

I don't want to cut/solder/heat shrink anything if I can avoid it.

Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I would not count on it.

Sproat Sport wrote:
Is this light really plug and play? As in, unplug old taillight from harness near battery and plug in the new one?

I don't want to cut/solder/heat shrink anything if I can avoid it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail Lights   Tail Lights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail Lights
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next