Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StreetNewbie

FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? Empty
PostSubject: FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?   FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I am mechanically inclined but have not done a whole lot of work on bikes in the past and 0 work on FI bikes. I started to install my power programmer and am having a few concerns. I dont want to F this bike up since it is basically brand new. Anyone know of any good video links of an install? Also, the instructions that come with the unit have what I consider to be a terrible placement of the unit as it is hard to get to to tweak and requires 2 sided tape or glue to stick to the battery box. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?   FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Might have a hard time finding video. It's really THAT easy.

You unplug a plug on throttle body that looks exactly like one on your FMF.
That get's plugged into female plug on FMF.
Then the FMF plug that looks like the one you unplugged from throttle body gets plugged into throttle body.
It effectively makes a loop.

There's a ground wire. That's about it.

Put FMF unit where-ever you want it. Some have it attached to handlebars. Some have it located under seat.

Honestly, once you find the setting you like, you'll almost never adjust it after that.

Placing it out of site under seat prevents people from stealing it.

Try not to sweat the details. If you're mechanically inclined installing the FMF shouldn't be much more intense than changing oil or filling gas tank.

Search on google or youtube - if you can't find a video - make one. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
StreetNewbie

PostSubject: Re: FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?   FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks. I have been sweating the details since I have so much money wrapped up in this thing. I am enjoying the hell out of it but I want it to last a long time and not F it up.

I see you are in Deleware, any groups that get together and ride in the area? I am on the Eastern Shore about 25 miles from central DE.
Back to top Go down
james1979

PostSubject: Re: FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?   FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Wow! Thank you so much for that. I'm laughing at my self for not seeing the loop created with connectors. So easy thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?   FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Power Programmer Install - any good video links?
Page 1 of 1