Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MCGMB

Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? Empty
PostSubject: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm

I have a question about the Leo Vince X3 for the R. Couldn't find the answer specifically by searching, and didn't want to hijack another thread.

In some of the product descriptions for the Leo it says may require aftermarket turn signals

What's the deal? Do you really need afermarket signals, or can you get away with the stock ones? Most of the pics I see with the X3 are on bikes with aftermarket signals/fender eliminator so I'm not sure. A not so clear pic I saw with what looks like stock signals looks like it barely fits, almost touching the tip of the cannister. And maybe the exhaust flow points right at the front of the signal (melts?)

For those that own, or have seen this pipe installed in person, what's the thought about this?

Back to top Go down
novaks47

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:57 pm

I just got that exhaust and installed it on Saturday. I have aftermarket signals that are much smaller than stock. However, looking at it, I think it'll clear the stock signals. Might be a bit close, but not enough to cause problems. It also appears that the muffler would be blasting the exhaust gasses just under the signal.
Back to top Go down
MCGMB

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Yeah, what you're saying sounds pretty much what I would have guessed, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for responding so quickly. I wonder if the exhaust gasses passing just under the stock signal would cause any overheating of the electrical components though?

Back to top Go down
novaks47

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Nope, the gasses are blowing by pretty quick, plus you're moving. I'd be more concerned with the signal touching the really hot muffler. Though that can be remedied with a small strip of heat resistant tape if necessary. I take it you like the stock signals?
Back to top Go down
MCGMB

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah, strangely enough, I do like the large size of the stock signals, from a visibility to other drivers perspective. I know that cartain LED's can be even brighter, but then you're into cutting wires, possibly adding relays, and now these small signals make the rear fender look even bigger than it is, which leads to a fender elimator, and so so on...

I've gotten into these progressions before, and next thing you know my wallet starts looking very thin. eeek

I'll try to keep it to programmer and pipe. And I hear the Leo can get away without a programmer.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

I guess you could slightly elongate the mounting hole on the muffler bracket to tilt it down a degree or two. That might give you the air gap you need. The plastic on the OEM signal will not be happy with that huge heat source living right below...

Although I run the OEM exhaust, I went to smaller bulb signals that are bright enough and no resistor stuff...

The Leo is the pipe I would choose unless I fell on a super deal for a Graves ( Like that ever happens)...

Back to top Go down
novaks47

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Yep, farkles are a slippery slope, that's for sure. In fact, I'm at the "I need a FE kit" stage. lol I consider it part of owning anything with an engine though. Very happy
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 am

I have got the leovince X3 and i have the OEM turning signals installed- there are no problems.

You could even put the exhaust a bit higher, by making the two holding Points bigger (the pipes one at your bike and exhaustclamp)- looks realy better.

No Problems with Leovince Exhaust and OEM- turn signals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?   Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues? Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo Vince X3 -- turn signal clearance issues?
Page 1 of 1