Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Atomist

HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) Empty
PostSubject: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

The company is from Ohio, I am from Ohio and I saw their ad on Craigslist. They quoted me $390 for their performance series slip on exhaust and programmer. That's like $160+ off retail, even more off comparably priced products. $440 for the exhaust, programmer and KN air filter. Seems like a really good deal to me but I don't find much info on their products. Is it a good deal? They seem to make really quality stuff and the programmer is the same as the FMF/Attitude made by dobeck. I guess I just wanted to pass on the deal info in case anyone was in the market and fish for feedback. My main concern is I want to eventually get a new headpipe but this being a slip on exhaust for the stock headpipe I doubt any of the common headpipes would just work for it. What are my options? I am trying to get the diameter of the exhaust fitting, but does anyone know of a good headpipe that has the same diameter of the stock headpipe? Could I make some type of adapter? I saw someone slit their pipe and C-Clamped it but I'm wanting a cleaner solution. Is a new headpipe even worth the $200+- they run? I'm planning on ordering and will update the thread when I get the products with info + pics. If you're interested in a good deal I can put you in contact with the guy from HMF, just PM me and I'll talk to him about exchanging info.

http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/yamaha/wr250rx-08-13
http://hmfracing.com/shop/performance/fuel-injected/wr-250r-efi
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm

What would be the point of an aftermarket header that's basically exactly like the stock header?

Redundant right?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Atomist

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:59 pm

motokid wrote:
What would be the point of an aftermarket header that's basically exactly like the stock header?

Redundant right?

I don't want an aftermarket header exactly like the stock, I want an aftermarket header that I can make fit the exhaust. Something like the Power or Mega bomb headers, but with the right diameter where it attaches to the exhaust. I would guess there will only be a few mm difference, I was looking for ideas on how people make them fit, some type of coupling or the pipe slightly tapered down on one end, or tapered open. I just need it to be the right diameter where the connecting is made.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:33 pm

You could use a alumuim spacer like fmfs spacer from their slips ons on the inside of the fmf header instead of inside the muffler.

It could be made to fit quite easily imo.
Back to top Go down
Atomist

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Any idea of a place that would sell just a spacer like that? I suppose I won't be able to really sort this all out until I get the exhaust and a header. But I'm trying to come up with ideas before I drop the money on a header. Would there be any reduction in the functionality of both the exhaust and header putting it inside? Seems to me it might restrict the air flow enough to make them not as affective. I'd like to find some type of spacer on the outside. Slipping them both inside as to not reduce performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 am

Atomist wrote:
They quoted me $390 for their performance series slip on exhaust and programmer.

Is this deal available for others? Will they ship to Canada?
Back to top Go down
Atomist

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:07 pm

tnerb wrote:
Atomist wrote:
They quoted me $390 for their performance series slip on exhaust and programmer.

Is this deal available for others?  Will they ship to Canada?

I'm sure they would. I'll PM you the guys phone #.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

I had the HMF Competition Series exhaust on my WRX, and you don't need an aftermarket header.  It will fit on the stock header no problem.
HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) 00710
Back to top Go down
Atomist

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Yeah I know it will fit on the stock header, but I want to buy an aftermarket header like the powerbomb or megabomb. How did you like your HMF btw? Know how it compares to some of the common choices. FMF, Yosh, Leo etc..
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 am

It comes with three inserts for how much sound/flow you want. The sound is incredible. The only other exhaust I can personally compare it to is the FMF, and in my opinion, the HMF sounds way better. I wouldn't waste your money on an aftermarket headpipe. The inner diameter on the stock is about identical to the powerbomb. I looked into getting a new headpipe and I didn't feel there's enough gain for the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)   HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc) Empty

Back to top Go down

HMF Exhaust + HMF Fuel Optomizer(Same as FMF, Attitude etc)
Page 1 of 1