Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Replacement fan?

Go down 
+2
Biglake
Torontorocko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 am

My radiator fan has rubbed through my radiator, then burned out the plastic fan.
Does anyone have a source for a replacement fan?
I'll be running the bike without the fan until I get a new one.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Did you try to epxoy the fan blade back onto the fan?

I had to do this to mine last week, I have no idea what jamed the fan and melted the blade off it tho, atleast my rads ok.

I unknowingly showed up to a difficult slow muddy scramble with it broke, I only made it 45 mins before the bike started over heating and I had to quit. baldy 

If you do a search on this site theres a few threads on fixing the fan.

I had to grind out the center of the fan with a die grinder so it would go back together straight it was a mess lol.
I drilled holes in the metal X shaped piece thats atached to the fan motor and srcewed it to the plastic fan from the motor side then cut the screws off flush and epoxyed it together, its probley stronger than stock lol.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Hmmm.... No I didn't try that. I just assumed the fan motor was no good any more. I guess I ought to try to see if the fan motor is still good.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:07 pm

So, the fan motor works fine. Now just need to figure out a way to reattach the fan blades to the motor.
I wonder if there is another fan blade that would attach, or if anywhere sells JUST the fan blades?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 am

What do you have againts glueing it back together?

Its qiute easy to do and almost free, I also screwed mine together just so it cant posibly spin apart like it did stock.

Theres pics of how to epoxy it back together in the other thread on this, I'd post a link to it but dont know how.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 pm

I glued it back with epoxy as well as fabricating an outside washer that will hold the blades to the motor.
Can a rad get repaired? It has the smallest leak that can barely be seen. The fan rubbed it through.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes rads can be repaired.

Check out a local auto rad repair shop they can weld it up and will presure test it to make sure it holds.

There are bike rad repair shops but I cant think of the names of em plus you will have to ship them your rad.
Back to top Go down
beee

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Well my fan blade just fell off also, kinda surprised you guys aren't more upset. I know I didn't do anything that should have caused the failure. Haven't taken it apart yet, but I bet glue will work on, mine. Really wish it was actually protected from the factory.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Update:
I found out today that my extended warranty is going to honor the replacement of the fan and the radiator!!
At least I'm getting something from my extended warranty.... I thought I was just wasting money getting it, but this is the exact reason I got the extended warranty option.
I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
RockiesWR250R

RockiesWR250R

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: WR250R Replacement Radiator Fan   Replacement fan? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 pm

I have found the replacement part for the WR250R fan. Yamaha wants it's WR250R owners to buy the complete blower assembly (3D7-12405-00-00). In Canada they won't stock it so we have to pre-pay the dealer ~$190 and hope that Yamaha Canada's estimate to get the assembly from Japan is actually correct (last check they were at 2 weeks). I was more than irritated by this and started searching for the fan part number as my mount and Panasonic motor were fine. I found that the fan is used in many makes/models of bikes. The fan part number I ordered is for a Honda CBR250R.

Honda part number: 19020-KVZ-631 - at my local dealer it was under $30CDN
Replacement fan? Wr250r10

Fan motor test method - Found this video:

Scroll to code 51 (@1:25 in video) and flip the kill switch to on (if off) to initiate the motor cycling (it will cycle on/off on its own).

I have also replaced my rad with a Mylers rad ~$150USD. Hopefully with the tig welded slightly more solid rad and a guard I will survive the next drop. Riding in the rock here it's going to happen. Time to ditch these Trail Wings and go for some D606's.
Back to top Go down
60ona250

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Sir   Replacement fan? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you very much for saving me over $100!!! I just go both of my cages back from the shop, and was already bleeding money profusely. Partzilla had the fan for $25ish, including shipping. Best regards!
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 pm

I think you were very lucky to get your fan and rad replaced under warranty. I've done some fooling around with my radiator and fan lately (more on that as information comes to hand...).

It's my opinion that there is no way the fan will break a blade unless its motor has seriously overheated in some way; say by the radiator fins being blocked, the fan being damaged by sticks etc or by crashing, distorting something and jamming the fan. I suggest that only if the fan motor overheats all by itself with no outside influence would a warranty claim be considered - usually. My bike's fan has done a mighty lot of work in its 32,000 km and 1800 engine hours, and it's still ok.

For a fan to hit the radiator, something other than the fan is at fault. In my opinion, of course! I'm well aware that I might have to reverse this opinion if experience says I have to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Replacement fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement fan?   Replacement fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacement fan?
Page 1 of 1