Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fuel pump problem

Go down 
+104
Jens Eskildsen
rsteiger
asphaltaddict33
keenWR
FJROB
timzim
X-Racer
BCRider
DSO
Bookaroo
chriswh86
johnkol
k1322
Epee
TioJose
WolfpackFBNS
Lord Hornka
kvon
averian
GT-250
vagabondmatt
Monkeynuts
bfgjohno
5S Dude
grw800
jicanew
Rule292
hamish54
Adam.
Jonnythong
Decapsuleux
galland1
Coop
Delta_T
MO-tarder
papi4baby
Silverfz1
airbornediver
jimbop
cambojimmy
sswrx
Heoz
04asphalt
ramz
ballisticexchris
duanew
daggone928
Novy
TwilightZone
tomar19
A66auto
tblumer
Berwyn Henderson
rokka
mr-cave
00PowderSpecial
ratthing
mattnadz
YZEtc
Jäger
wr250x08
Will B
mordicai
Akasy
motokid
jason meacham
DesertRatliff
mwgak
Mach828
edteamslr
oh2RideMore
cryptomundo
mrdoo2
bhmax
Yaozer
skrew
renokjm@gmail.com
Mr.Metal
mhm2a
Jomamaha
denniswrr
nonlinear
SuperSize
malibu_dan
Hertz
BlueAngel
f3joel
ozarkadver
Chadx
Noppy
BluePill
SheWolf
KNjonjo
Chrispy1200
OOk
rydnseek
0007onWR
mwakey
bash3r
inspector
mtb
greer
dirtytrixx400
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

fuel pump problem - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Chadx wrote:
A loose ground wire will cause all sorts of oddities. Keep us posted as the temps heat up this spring and you get in some more hot weather riding.

i will.

so far all is still good for mine.
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

PostSubject: Fuel Pump?   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:42 pm

I am looking for a used WRR, is this problem only in the 08 mods?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:12 pm

It sounds like it's the early model 08's from what I've seen, but not everyone has had that trouble. The 09's and so far the 10's all seem to be trouble-free in that respect. fuel pump problem - Page 3 61865

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:25 am

I have # 629, built Feb 08
My fuel pump has left me stranded 3 times recently
I am not under warranty

I have read where Yamaha has done a few peoples out of warranty
Has anyone had to pay to have it fixed?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:48 am

Oh I hate to hear about fuel pump trouble, what's yours doing?

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

greer wrote:
Oh I hate to hear about fuel pump trouble, what's yours doing?

Sarah
It is overheating and stalling out.
Usually starts again after 15 minutes or so later.

It did it yesterday with about a half tank left, I pushed it to a gas station and filled the rest of the way up.
Would not start right away but fired right up after I took a wiz.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:20 pm

None of the others I actually know about stalled out. As long as the engine was running it was fine. It was after they were turned off then tried to restart, they would not until after cooling down.

*If it were me, I'd definitely take the bike in to a place you like/trust and complain/talk to them. Maybe still get it warrantied.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:16 am

Wasn't HighFive's stalling out on him when his bike gave trouble?

Sarah

Edit: Since there was a recall in Japan, I'd print this thread, the TT thread, and plan on talking to somebody.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

greer wrote:
Wasn't HighFive's stalling out on him when his bike gave trouble?

Sarah

Edit: Since there was a recall in Japan, I'd print this thread, the TT thread, and plan on talking to somebody.
Called yamaha usa...
They are acting like they have never heard of this problem and I'm only speculating that it is my fuel pump.
I emailed the guy the japan recall page and he puts me on hold forever and a day.
Comes back and says I have to take it to a dealer and they are not saying they will cover it even if it is the fuel pump.
It's 79 so say a 100 with tax for the diagnoses, almost half the price of the damn fuel pump.
for a diagnoses I don't need and may have to pay for as well as the new pump....
F that... i'm tempted to go take a test ride on a new one...
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Dont take this the wrong way cuz I'm not trying to pick a fight but
What were you expecting them to say?

I assume at this point no one has even checked to see if the bike has the correct fuel pressure

If you and or your dealer called with a proper diagnosis of a loss of fuel pressure there is a much better chance of them helping but at this point you have an intermitant hard starting (or not starting) condition

Dude on the phone would get fired if he spent company money based on that information
And, if that was you on the other end of the phone you would have to say the same thing

Cheers
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:04 pm

What was I expecting them to say?

"Take it to the dealer and if it is the fuel pump we will replace it no charge, if it is something else the bill will be up to you"

Something along those lines.
But anyway it is the fuel pump.
If the fuel pump makes noise when I turn the key it fires up and runs, if it doesn't guess what...
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:24 am

Be sure to go back and check the thread on Junkies, sounds like Mitch is the guy to ask for. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Did it again today.

My car was drowned in the flood we had here...

My bike is my only transportation at the moment.
I guess I just need to buy a new fuel pump and replace it.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:58 am

Man, that leaves you in a tough spot. For the heck of it I did a little price checking:

$213 from Service Honda, $218 from Yamaha Sports Plaza, near as I can tell you've got to go thru the whole checkout thing to determine shipping...

$246 shipped from Cycle Parts Warehouse

$258 shipped from boats.net

Keep all your receipts, I'm still hoping you'll get this covered by Yamaha.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:40 am

Thank you Sarah fuel pump problem - Page 3 61865
Back to top Go down
BlueAngel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:37 am

f3joel wrote:
Did it again today.

This is a safety issue. If your engine dies in the middle of the freeway, you know what I mean.

So if I were you, I will call Yamaha NA and politely ask for the name of the president. Then, write a letter to the president explaining you have the same bad batch of fuel pump that Yamaha recalled (enclose the Yamaha recall notice both in translated English and the original Japanese) and that your bike is unsafe to ride on the street and poses a danger to you and other motorists. Complain that your dealer and Yamaha NA have ignored your plea to get the bad fuel pump replaced even though it is not a warranty issue but a safety recall issue and something that they have been fully aware of. You will also cc the NTHSA with the exact letter and enclosures.

I assure you this will work. This Yamaha situation is a much clearer case than the Prius situation in that there is a 100% proven culprit-- the fuel pump. The jury is still out on the Prius story but Toyota-- due to public and fed pressure- has been issuing recalls on gas pedals, floor mats and also software upgrade on other models which Toyota "hopes" would fix the problem.

Mail the paperwork UPS or USPS with signature required. You'll spend $15 but I'm telling you, they will listen to you this time. If you want, you can also cc your local paper or TV station. Hey, this type of news is hot these days so capitalize on it! Like your namesake Billy Joel says every time he ends his concerts--"Don't take shit from anybody!!!"
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:52 pm

BlueAngel wrote:
f3joel wrote:
Did it again today.

This is a safety issue. If your engine dies in the middle of the freeway, you know what I mean.

So if I were you, I will call Yamaha NA and politely ask for the name of the president. Then, write a letter to the president explaining you have the same bad batch of fuel pump that Yamaha recalled (enclose the Yamaha recall notice both in translated English and the original Japanese) and that your bike is unsafe to ride on the street and poses a danger to you and other motorists. Complain that your dealer and Yamaha NA have ignored your plea to get the bad fuel pump replaced even though it is not a warranty issue but a safety recall issue and something that they have been fully aware of. You will also cc the NTHSA with the exact letter and enclosures.

I assure you this will work. This Yamaha situation is a much clearer case than the Prius situation in that there is a 100% proven culprit-- the fuel pump. The jury is still out on the Prius story but Toyota-- due to public and fed pressure- has been issuing recalls on gas pedals, floor mats and also software upgrade on other models which Toyota "hopes" would fix the problem.

Mail the paperwork UPS or USPS with signature required. You'll spend $15 but I'm telling you, they will listen to you this time. If you want, you can also cc your local paper or TV station. Hey, this type of news is hot these days so capitalize on it! Like your namesake Billy Joel says every time he ends his concerts--"Don't take shit from anybody!!!"
That is good advice fuel pump problem - Page 3 61865
Thank you for taking the time to write it out.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:32 pm

sorry to hear about another pump problem.
i got to ride with a cpl friends last sunday and it was hot here.....in the 90's. i rode around 70 miles paved and maybe 40 offroad. the only problem i had in this hot weather was a longer restart than usual. sometimes it took a few more seconds to crank but no other problems....ran fine. both of my buddies were on 08's ktm 450's....one killed his battery and had to use kick the rest of the day,and the other one worried me some if it was ever gonna fire again sometimes but his battery held out.
so ...by comparison...mine performed great in the heat.
i'm still not completely sold on it being a failure due to heat....or rather due to summer weather.
in the amount of time most report before it would restart(my deal included)the fuel tank probably absorbed even more heat from the engine than if it was moving.
i'm still thinking mine was related to the loose battery terminal. i hate it when something doesn't completely fail....and i know this doesn't help,but mine is still doing good.

Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 am

VIN: ....1703
Build date: 2/08

So yesterday my R wouldn't start for the second time. The first time it sat in the sun for about an hour and a half or longer. But this time I only ran inside for a minute or two and when i got back on the bike, I was left sitting.

Im only taking it to the dealer if i can get it for free. Which i should be able to with my YES warranty, although I'll most likely get screwed because that's my luck.

Has anyone other than OOK got theirs replaced for free?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh damn, not you too... fuel pump problem - Page 3 640571

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 am

Yamaha seems to be taking care of some folks. Check this thread:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=88363

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Ordered a new pump from yamahasportsplaza for 240.10 shipped to Tennessee.
Showed up today and I had it in in less than an hour.

Pretty simple install.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?p=1078394&posted=1#post1078394
Was going to post it here first but it was just easier to deal with the uploading of pics there... sorry.

Completely solved my problem fuel pump problem - Page 3 61865

I tried parking it in the sun after running and she kept starting fuel pump problem - Page 3 89954 fuel pump problem - Page 3 89954 fuel pump problem - Page 3 89954

Running strong again, i felt like I didn't have as much power since the problems started this year.
Thought I was loosing my mind or I had pushed the engine too hard... nope, just a crappy fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:46 am

Joel,

Did you happen to hang on to the old pump? malibu dan was asking about the ID numbers on it in order to do a cross-reference.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am

Yes, I kept it.
If he would like pics of the numbers on it, just pm me an email address.

The numbers started with a 7 on the old one and a 9 on the new one.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 am

I sent Dan a pm over on Advrider. Next time you have a camera handy you might go ahead and take pictures if you don't mind. I think I'll call Yamaha today and see if somebody'll talk to me.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel pump problem
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next