Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cable on clutch side

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Funar0

Cable on clutch side Empty
PostSubject: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 5:40 pm

I have a 2014 wr250r and has 200 miles on it. One of the cables on the clutch side came out and its not the clutch cable. It has a plastic pin that you can push in and out and the bike functions fine still. Can some one tell me what this cable is and did it just come out of its holster or a problem
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 pm

I'm guessing you mean clutch lever side, and it's not a control cable (like the clutch cable) but an electrical wire.

My guess is the switch that clips into the hole on the clutch lever holder (AKA clutch lever perch).
It's part of the electrical lockout that makes you pull the clutch lever in to start the bike in gear.
Back to top Go down
Funar0

PostSubject: Re: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Yea theres a clip that it clips onto when you stick it in the hole, is that a big deal that it came out?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:01 pm

If it stays put when you put it back in place, I'd just keep an eye on it for a while.
If it won't stay put, you probably need a new one.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Like I said in your other thread, just leave it unplugged and tuck it in around the headlight (like most people do) so you can start it in gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cable on clutch side   Cable on clutch side Empty

Back to top Go down

Cable on clutch side
Page 1 of 1