Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whitehat

stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) Empty
PostSubject: stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)   stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi everyone!
My friend and I both bought used wr250r 2019.
I love the bike as it's so much fun riding it off road!
But I have an issue with my clutch.
From the very beginning clutch lever on my friend's bike was much smoother and easier to pull.
Then we decided to replace our cables with Magura hydraulic clutch.
After the upgrade, his clutch lever is now butter smooth, extremely easy to pull, I can pull it with my pinkie easily. But mine - it's still stiff and rough and requires at least two fingers to pull. Also when I pull the lever, I can hear some noise coming from the under the engine cover, like something is rubbing up..
What can be wrong with the clutch? There is no damage to the engine cover, bike is like new.
After recording this video, I cleaned that area and sprayed it with WD-40, but it did not help
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)   stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 4:49 pm

I can think of a few reasons why clutch action wouldn't be smooth, but the main point is that unless you take the cover off to inspect the clutch, you will never know for sure.

Order a gasket before you take the side cover off in case the old gasket gets ripped in the process.
Back to top Go down
whitehat

PostSubject: Re: stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)   stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 5:32 pm

As it takes several weeks for new parts to be shipped, should I order anything else?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)   stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 11:06 pm

I see all clutch-related parts to be in stock at both Service Honda and Rocky Mountain, so whatever you order shouldn't take more than a week to reach you.

I suppose you might as well wait to see what's wrong before you start ordering parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)   stiff  and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!) Empty

Back to top Go down

stiff and noisy clutch (it's not the cable!)
Page 1 of 1