Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Unused 12v connector at headlight?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jens Eskildsen

Unused 12v connector at headlight? Empty
PostSubject: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi gang, I'm pretty sure i've seen some talk about a set of connectors behind the headlight, which is unused. I think they turn hot with the ignition?

Can anybody help, and do we know which type of connector it is, so I can hook up some eletronics ect without cutting the wires.

Thanks 'gents.
Back to top Go down
eram310

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am

I was looking for one when mounted my GPS and I couldn't find one on a 2013 American version.  
I ended up splicing (I didn't like it) a 12V switched wire and grounded somewhere to  the frame.

A year later, 0 problems, but I still don't like it. :-)

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Hi gang, I'm pretty sure i've seen some talk about a set of connectors behind the headlight, which is unused. I think they turn hot with the ignition?

Can anybody help, and do we know which type of connector it is, so I can hook up some eletronics ect without cutting the wires.

Thanks 'gents.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm

I'll wire in a relay if nescessary, but if there was an easy solution to a clean install in the original harness, that would be preferable.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
I'll wire in a relay if nescessary, but if there was an easy solution to a clean install in the original harness, that would be preferable.

well if you found the terminal on the bike I probably would take some measurements and then compare it to connectors offered on Cycle Terminal (http://www.cycleterminal.com/index.html ) or Eastern Beaver ( https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html ).  My guess is it probably is a Sumitomo connector and maybe a quick email with a pic to Cycle Terminal could net you the mating connector.

Either that or buy a decent connectors ( http://www.cycleterminal.com/hd-series.html ) and make your own connection. I bought one of their kits years ago and use it for a 'factory' type connection on my accessories.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I didnt, I was asking if there was one, as recall hearing about it, but I cant actually find one.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
I  didnt, I was asking if there was one, as recall hearing about it, but I cant actually find one.

Well this is where they are located on US bikes:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10717-auxillary-power-connectors-at-the-headlight

Not sure if the rest of world bikes have the same connectors since there does seem to be some wiring differences between countries.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 am

So, i unwrapped theese. It just looks like plugs to connect the wires with each other. So the grounds go together ect.
Not meant to be used to plug up to other stuff.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
So, i unwrapped theese. It just looks like plugs to connect the wires with each other. So the grounds go together ect.
Not meant to be used to plug up to other stuff.

A riding friend of mine used these on his WRR to hook up his LED lights. I believe that they only drew like 1.6 amps total though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unused 12v connector at headlight?   Unused 12v connector at headlight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unused 12v connector at headlight?
Page 1 of 1