Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias

Go down 
+14
WR250PDX
motocrossmann
deerHater
zestymac
josh
Ushuaia Or Bust
mordicai
Yaozer
john92
xcel
X-Racer
WRoldman
Chrispy1200
motokid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
josh

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Just got my 120/70/17 and 150/70/17 Distanzias on. No clearance issue and I am fired up. I will update over weekend through the scrub phase. I have put these tires on almost every motorcycle I've owned (quite a few). My favorite for NW riding.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:25 am

josh wrote:
Just got my 120/70/17 and 150/70/17 Distanzias on. No clearance issue and I am fired up. I will update over weekend through the scrub phase. I have put these tires on almost every motorcycle I've owned (quite a few). My favorite for NW riding.

So you got the harder compound on the rear? If I remember right that's the way it works.

I will be interested to know what you think. Especially your thoughts as it pertains to railing asphalt corners.

Please update us often. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:15 am

motokid wrote:
josh wrote:

So you got the harder compound on the rear? If I remember right that's the way it works.

I will be interested to know what you think. Especially your thoughts as it pertains to railing asphalt corners.

+1
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Will do with pics. I also have a Leo Vince exhaust being delivered today, rear rack and rick Mayer seat during the week. Cee Bailey screen has been shipped as well.Nic elittle bike she is.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:16 pm

josh wrote:
Will do with pics. I also have a Leo Vince exhaust being delivered today, rear rack and rick Mayer seat during the week. Cee Bailey screen has been shipped as well.Nic elittle bike she is.

Picked mine up about 2 months ago. Don't even wanna check my bank statements for all the mods I've ordered and done in the time since. LOL
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Ed, thinkin' about going to these next. Am considering a 130/80 DS compound for the rear instead of the 150/60 SM compound. I'll use the 120/70 SM compound for the front. Rationale =In SM mode the front tire does most of the work so the SM compound works best here. In dirt mode the rear tire does most of the work and a narrower and taller tire ( that you can reduce pressure on) theoretically should work better.....Waddya think??

Discuss!

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Front does most of work when breaking....back still has to stick when cornering and driving out of corners.

Your idea has some merit.....but I would not go that way if you paid me.

Why go narrower than stock in rear? Just for the harder compound?

It's your bike - but not something I'd do.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:46 pm

I could go with a 140/80 but that's almost an inch bigger (taller) than whats on it now...The widths are pretty close to the OEM tire and it's only a 4' rim. I just wish the SM compound came in a taller sidewall...Decisions decisions...

Cheers, Rick

WR250X rider and owner of author autographed " The Little Motorcycle"
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:07 am

The 150/70 would probably be the best compromise here. Wider than stock and dual sport compound. Only 1/2" taller than stock and 1/2" shorter than the 140/80. Raises the rear an equal amount to the front.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:
The 150/70 would probably be the best compromise here.
I have a 150/70/17 BT023 on mine, there is a little bit of chain/tire rub.
I'll probably go with a 150/60/17 next time, not sure what tire.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

deerHater wrote:
Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:
The 150/70 would probably be the best compromise here.

When you say little bit of rub, how much? Does it slow the bike down?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 pm

deerHater wrote:

I'm sorry - I must be missing something.

The 150 is the width.

How would changing from 70 to 60 make a difference in chain rub?

By the way - that's the first time EVER that I've heard of a 150 width tire making contact with a chain on a wr250x.

BT023 - is that Bridgestone? Can you post a picture?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm

The only way I can see it happening, is if, because of the larger aspect ratio (height from edge of rim to top of tire) there was more rounding/sticking out on the sides. Seen it with car tires, but haven't heard much about bike tires. dunno
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:47 am

motokid wrote:
josh wrote:

The first 50 miles have been uneventful. Just takining somet ime to get used to the tire. There is absolutely no chain rub mentioned earlier with the rear 150/70/17. Very nice profile/stance with the Distanzias. Have had these tires many times before. The bike feels very confident in the turns . Staying conservative in the roll out through the curves but like what I FEEL so far. Recieved and installed my rack and skid plate. I am staring at the Leo Vince silencer and ordered a fmf power bomb header. Hope they are compatible. Cee Bailey windshield and I'm good to go. Will let you know when tires are broken in. Have a DualSport event this June. 100 miles of dirt/gravel on this bike should be nothing but exciting. wings
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks for posting Josh. My stock tires are about to be replaced and I have planned on getting the Distanzias, but have been undecided on the 140, 150/70 or 150/60 for the rear and was thinking about going your way but was unsure if the two compounds would work together as motokid isn't keen on it. Needless to say alot of people are interested in your results.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:28 am

Starting to flick it around a bit more . Added some 50 miles running sideroads near I-90 to NorthBend. I appologize that I am not more of a critic but I am enjoying the Distanzias along with the bike itself. Just got my Leo Vince on and will experiment with attachments. Overall very cool 250. Will add photos once all mods have been received and installed. Must say so far very happy with the 150/70 rear. No suprise to me. dutch
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:41 am

Very interested in the long term mileage of this tire as this would be the biggest selling point to me. Seems like a great combo, with very little compromise on overall performance.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:34 am

Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:
Very interested in the long term mileage of this tire as this would be the biggest selling point to me. Seems like a great combo, with very little compromise on overall performance.

In my humble opinion the Distanzias seem to holding up better than the stock tires did in terms of wear.

Reflecting on that statement seems odd, but I also think the tread depth on the Distanzias is much deeper than the stock Bridgestones...so taking that into
consideration it does seem to make some sense.

@ mordicai - did I say I wasn't keen on something? I just think the X is light enough and powerless enough to make it so the SM compound (softer) doesn't wear away as fast as some people might think.

I might have also questioned the logic that the rear tire doesn't need as much traction as the front.

I don't think I've heard of any X rider using the harder compound.

That's all.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:32 am

Sorry Kid. I thought that " Your idea has some merit.....but I would not go that way if you paid me. " kind of means that you weren't keen on the idea. I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:36 pm

zestymac wrote:
Ed, thinkin' about going to these next. Am considering a 130/80 DS compound for the rear instead of the 150/60 SM compound. I'll use the 120/70 SM compound for the front. Rationale =In SM mode the front tire does most of the work so the SM compound works best here. In dirt mode the rear tire does most of the work and a narrower and taller tire ( that you can reduce pressure on) theoretically should work better.....Waddya think??

Discuss!

Cheers, Rick

Mordicai - he was talking about going to a 130/80 hard compound on the rear.

That's skinnier than stock and the hard compound.

That's what I wouldn't do if you paid me.

However, I could be persuaded to go with the 150 sized rear that's a harder compound.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Shog

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Last edited by josh on Sun May 15, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks Motokid. My bad....
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:20 pm

This is how she sits today

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 Photo_806E513E-3667-4641-62C1-5A0E58EA3B49

This is where she's going - hard cases (My DRZ with Distanzias....nie bike)

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 IMG_2477-1

Only waiting for my CeeBailey screen and R&G exhaust guard. More pics coming.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:55 pm

OK here you go. Forgot, I have a powerbomb header coming. Not sure if she's going to fit but.....

As you can see ,plenty of room in the rear with the 150/70

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 WP_000090

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 WP_000088

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 WP_000087

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 Photo_2B83D777-74DB-8AC4-86E9-1A759CE5BEA0
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Love the "cow" seat cover. poser2

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next