Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias

Go down 
+14
WR250PDX
motocrossmann
deerHater
zestymac
josh
Ushuaia Or Bust
mordicai
Yaozer
john92
xcel
X-Racer
WRoldman
Chrispy1200
motokid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
josh

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:10 pm

motokid wrote:
Love the "cow" seat cover. poser2

The mad cow cover matches my dog...Marley (border collie / lab ) Plus it's really comfortable. Thats a Mayers seat......aaahhhh that feels good. wink
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:59 am

Clean bikes man. Thanks a lot for the pics. And yes, the seat cover is awesome thumb
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:56 pm

OK I'm pullin' the trigger on the 120/70 SM compound and the 150/70 DS compound both HR. Do i absolutely need both tubes replaced from a sizing perspective. I might just get a rear only but I'm hoping some of you have used the stockers....

I got a laughaable quote from a local shop at $478 if I bring the wheels in...

likely SW Moto tire for me...

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:18 pm

While i'm no expert, I would think new tires new tubes. I got mine from Motorcycle-superstore.com Free shipping. I wanted to get the MT-21 because they looked bitchin but practicality ruled my decission. No regrets. I'm confident you will like your rear 150/70/17 freaky

Last edited by josh on Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Thats what the tube sellers want you to think also. I'm only concerned about the size difference not the age. The bike has less than 2200 miles. I'm going for a 150/70 not a 170/70.......The chain would be dining on that...

Cheers, Rick Very happy
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:43 pm

OOOPPPS ! baldy 150/70/17
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:34 am

Well got through the break in with absolutely no concerns. I really started to throw her around last night. Great lean angles, throttling out of the curves, flicking around traffic. The Distanzias are CONFIDENCE INSPIRING. They are perfect for the urban environment. Can't say I'm the most aggressive rider, but from what I can tell, the distanzias are a perfect match for the 250's thunder. What a cool little bike. My new Leo Vince exhaust roars like a gentleman. and the 2 inch Roxy Risers make this a very entertaining tool. Now I got to get to a trail and see how life should be lived. wings
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:52 am

Well, I was hoping to have a opportunity to test ride the distanzias on my WR today. However, due to complications with the installation of my Safari tank, my Wr was not available. I did however, ride a 2000 xt225. One of the guys I road with , Shawn, had distanzias on his 450(?) MZ. He is a VERY talented and skilled rider. The conditions would prove challenging with snow, single track, washouts,rocks, gravel.and 6500 feet of elevation. I can tell you I am not the class of rider this gentleman is and felt with all the variety in the 133 miles course, he would be a better judge. I can tell you from my vantige point he road masterfully. Without boring you I have concluded that good and great riders can ride anything and do it well. As for me, I would have been extremely challenged to ride today with those tires. I got my ass handed to me in a number of situations on the xt. I blame that neither on the bike or the tires. I just need more time on the bike. The distanzias will perform adequately on gravel . Anything more technical, and it's gonna be frustrating and even painful. Do yourself a favor...get real dirt tires 80/20. You will be glad you did.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 am

Josh - are you trying to force an X to be a dirt bike?

The Distanzia is certainly not going to make your SUMO become an MX bike.

If you get dirt tires you sacrifice being able to really hammer the twisties.
If you get street tires you sacrifice the off-road fun you could have.

The Distanzias are nothing more that street tires that provide some added benefit of a wee bit of off-road traction, but nothing
compared to what knobbies would provide.

My Distanzias in some deep sand felt no different than if I were to have some roadracing slicks on the bike.
If the muddy water hole is too deep, and too long, the Distanzia might leave me pushing or worse.

I hope you did not get the wrong impression about these tires and think they were anything more than a slightly more off-road version of a true street tire.

80% street 20% off-road.

Are you looking for 20% street and 80% off-road?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:10 am

Good Morning Motokid,

It's all good. I want my bike to be 80/20 with a street orientation. I was simply commenting on the distanzias dirt worthiness. I've had distanzias on almost all my bikes. I love these for the the wet NW conditions and do enjoy taking the bike down fire roads every once in a while. I was commenting on the conditions of yesterdays DS Rally. The distanzias would have highlighted my need for more saddle time poser2
They are a fantastic tires and should do there finest work on the street. Now if I can get my Safari tank to work I'd be one happy camper. tough

Forgot to mention....out of 250+ riders, I saw one WR250R, tons of KTM and DRs.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 am

Cool. It sounded like you were a little upset with the Distanzias.

Pushing the limits of the tires, bike, and human pilot are always fun as long as you don't push too far.

Good luck with tank.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 am

I must say that little xt225 worked out beautifully. May not been the most skilled but the XT was my best friend for 133 miles Very happy
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Getting some very nice mileage on the Distanzias now. Have put a couple 200+ mile days on them in both wet Seattle weather and gravel roads. Absolutely nothing to complain about. They are sure footed in the twisties and very acceptable in the gravel. I'm very satisfied. If i decide to go more dirt oriented the MT21s with be a great choice. I certainly won't expect much in the mileage department.....can't have it all. scratch

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 WP_000141
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 am

Finally got a chance to play in the dirt....nothing crazy, just fun. Well for me the Distanzias are a outstanding 80/20 street tire that can, with a little less air pressure, allow you a day of entertainment on the lumber roads etc.

Did about 30 miles in the trails up in North Bend, Washington on a beautiful day. Absolutely no complaints. Driving there on the asphault was a true pleasure..... DISTANZIA are awesome.

Side Note....Safari Tank is a fantastic mod. Low fuel light comes on at 160+ miles, looks great, and averaging 70 miles per gallon with the LeoVince and Airbox mod. Done with the mods.... wings

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 WP_0001401

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 WP_000131
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Just put the 150's on the rear of my bike. They seem to fit just fine, but I'm curious if anyone has checked clearance at full travel? That tire looks like it'll get awefully close to the side of the stock muffler.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Never was a concern...you expecting to jump with her?
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Yup! Nothing crazy, but an occasional small double!
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: It fits at full travel   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 pm

I disconnected the shock to check clearance with the 150/70-17. It has about 3/8 clearance.

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 20110810

Back to top Go down
WR250PDX

WR250PDX

PostSubject: Tube Size   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm

What tube size should I order? Has a particular brand and size worked for these tires? I just ordered them and will be having them installed on tuesday. Do I need new tubes or will the stock tube work?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Moto, I saw your comments on tire pressure on p1 of this thread. Did you ever settle in on a tire pressure for your old Distanzias?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am

I run 27 psi in distanzia
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 am

gatorfan wrote:
Moto, I saw your comments on tire pressure on p1 of this thread. Did you ever settle in on a tire pressure for your old Distanzias?

I pretty much varied between 26 and 28 front and rear depending on outside temperature.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm

I first read through all the pages on the Distanzia tire changes for the X model.

I was getting ready to order the Distanzia's for my 09 WR250X and visited both the AVON Distanzia spec page as well as the stock rubber Bridgestone BT090 spec page. The AVON page clearly states that the 120/70R-17 requires a minimum front rim width of 3.5 and a max of 3.75. Recommended is the 3.5 rim. The Bridgstone BT090 is right on at a recommened width of 3.00.

The stock rim is a 3.00 and I see lots of riders installing the Avon 120/70R-17 on the front which Avon says is to small of rim. I understand how the aspect ratio on a smaller rim might pull the width in a bit so you guys are not rubbing but I still wonder about running a tire that is not close to what the manufacturer states is the min. rim width.

What are your thoughts that are running this setup? Did anyone try a 3.5 aftermarket rim?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Srtock rims - Distanzia works great.

Don't know what you read, but I read different and read the Distanzia worked fine on our rims, and they did.

If you want them - get them. You'll be fine.

As should be obvious from how many people here have used them. thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 pm

WR250X stock rims and distanzia 120/70/17 and 150/60/17 fit well enough to use the whole tire front and rear.
Excellent grip, and feedback but a liitle bit rougher ride than a sport tire.
I just went back to distanzia's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias   I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Love the UPS guy!!! Distanzias
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next