Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Black Frame - Does it Scratch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demon

Black Frame - Does it Scratch Empty
PostSubject: Black Frame - Does it Scratch   Black Frame - Does it Scratch EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:32 am

Hi - I have a dilema. Just looking at the WR250R and I really like the white bikes with the black frame (in the UK). I plan to use the bike for 90% trail riding (green lanes here) and want to know if the frames scratch easily. I fall off a fair bit - at least once or twice a day depending how silly I ride so I am concerned it will look very used after a couple of years and resale will be bad.

Also another question on enduros. The f is more suited for this but I only ever do a couple a year (non-competitive). Does anyone use the R for enduros? Or will they laugh at me when I roll up on it... :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Black Frame - Does it Scratch   Black Frame - Does it Scratch EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:41 am

Tammy rides hers in enduros and loves it. She's on here. As for scratches, well, when the bike takes a nap it's gonna get scratched. You could always get a second set of plastics for off-road riding if you're worried about screwing up parts. As for the frames, the only place that seems to get scratched is right above the footpegs where your boots rub against. That and the swingarm. Zeta makes a carbon fiber cover for the bottom frame area, and you can always slap on swingarm decals to try to protect some of it. Sadly tho, it won't stop the deep ones from leaving their mark. That's the thing with trail riding, something at some time or another's gonna get scratched up when you dump it. Black Frame - Does it Scratch 29721

PostSubject: Re: Black Frame - Does it Scratch   Black Frame - Does it Scratch EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks for the reply Shewolf. Is the frame painted do you know or plastic coated...? I.e can it be touched up easily enough? Am not to worried about plastic bits as you say.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Black Frame - Does it Scratch   Black Frame - Does it Scratch EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:07 am

The frame is painted, yes. Being black it shouldn't be too hard to match the color, as long as you prep it right to avoid fish-eyes when you paint it.

PostSubject: Re: Black Frame - Does it Scratch   Black Frame - Does it Scratch Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Frame - Does it Scratch
Page 1 of 1