Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheelie Questions?

Go down 
+27
0007onWR
trav72
no.17
cryptomundo
Stubbz
motokid
Sproat Sport
motodorko
rvb
Mr.Metal
mr_mike
Crazy Monkey
RichardU
Mikechicago
Midnite171
jason meacham
gregli
12oclocker
WRoldman
X-Racer
SheWolf
Tammy
YZEtc
BillDoe
Matty
f3joel
NorgeWR2X
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mattnadz

mattnadz

Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm getting 1st gear pretty high now but i'm running out of rpms after 20 feet at most. i found this how to wheelie a supermoto vid on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQC_amZRJg and buddy shifts his bike when doing wheelies. So i just recently tried powershifting my bike. With the rpms up i quick release my throttle, shift up then back on the gas and it feels fine. i no its not the greatest thing to do to my bike and i dont plan on doing it often. i tried it well in 1st doing a wheelie but i cant seem to get it.
Has anyone tried shifting from 1st to 2nd in the middle of a wheelie???

also check this 12 bar i made at work. hopefully it will help to not wreck the rear of the bike in a spill. its a bit ugly right now, getting it powder coated thi week.
Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 12_bar12
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 am

Ooooo, that thing scares me
The point of a balance wheelie (and I ain't great at them) is that you take the bike to the point where it is about to go over backward and then let off the throttle and keep it at the tipping point, if you take it up and hit the wheely bar there's a bunch of bad things that can and probably will happen
The stunt guys put those on because they use it in their show but they don't need it
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 am

Hey.....is that a red dragon decal on the back fender?
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 am

that bar looks way to thin and will probly break off if it ever does hit. for full stunt these bikes need some type of bar back there for moving around in different positions and doing flamingos and so on.

to the comment above, use your clutch when shifting from one gear to the next dont do it just by power thats not god for clutch and so on. i can shift from 1st to 6th in a wheelie and use the clutch every time i shift.
Back to top Go down
no.17

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 am

0007onWR wrote:
Ooooo, that thing scares me
The point of a balance wheelie (and I ain't great at them) is that you take the bike to the point where it is about to go over backward and then let off the throttle and keep it at the tipping point, if you take it up and hit the wheely bar there's a bunch of bad things that can and probably will happen
The stunt guys put those on because they use it in their show but they don't need it

Don't forget, there are other variables that play into the bike wheeling other than hitting the throttle. engine brake and wind also play into how the bike wheelies. with trottle control smoother is better. try not to chop the trottle and float the bike in and out of the balance point. With a smooth power delievery and the right speed/gearing ratio you can actually slow down a wheelie(past balance point) without using the brake. I highly recommend brake control though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie Questions?   Wheelie Questions? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheelie Questions?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5