Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:34 pm

I have been riding a XR650L Honda, and I just replaced it with a WRR. I'm a little shocked how well it rides on the street, and freeway. I took it on it's first dirt ride today. Forks and shock are going to need some work. Felt like a pogo stick. Very little dampening, all spring. Motor felt good. Throttle very twitchy. Turns a little slow. Overall, I like it, and I think I can make it work.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:52 am

Captain Midnight... We're going to need a picture of your helmet btw...

Good deal... Yea, you've got the reading on the suspension with regard to the 650 difference.

I rode three XR600/650s. The WR is only mine IF she lets me ride it. We have other, use specific bikes as well. I'm loving my current ten year old KTM LC4-E scoot. Truth be known, I'd ride the WR as much as I'd choose to ride the LC4.

Not knowing your style or weight (Etc), if the range of adjustments don't work for you the hot tip is suspension mods to dial it all in.

This forum has some great experience and suggestions.

-Robert

Last edited by X-Racer on Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:23 am

Welcome to the pack! Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! 61865

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm

X-Racer wrote:

Not knowing your style or weight (Etc), if the range of adjustments don't work for you the hot tip is suspension mods to dial it all in.

This forum has some great experience and suggestions.

-Robert

I'm going to pull the shock apart and take a look. I wonder if anyone has a shim recomendation? At my weight, 200, the spring should go up one increment.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Welcome, HI
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:34 am

inspector wrote:
Welcome, HI

Thanks, man you'r old. But you are close to me. I'm riding the Shelton Valley Fun Run on Sunday May 30th. You want to come? I'll be at the Edmonds ferry at 8:00.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:53 am

I took a look at the rear suspension to see why it was so wierd feeling, and it had a piece missing inside the linkage. The needle bearings, in the linkage, ride on a shaft that is held in place with a bolt. The shaft was missing. The linkage was held in place by the bolt with a 1/4 inch gap between the bolt and the needle bearings. The rear wheel had 2 inches of up and down play. All is repaired, and it feels pretty good now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!   Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, just bought an '08, I'm excited!
Page 1 of 1