Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Questions - Just bought WRR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jolly705

Questions - Just bought WRR Empty
PostSubject: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 pm

I just purchased a 2008 WRR for dual sporting and light street riding. Is there a list of what WRF parts fit? Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Also wondering if there are any good "free" ways to cut down the stock fender. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Here is a pic, anyone active on this forum?

Questions - Just bought WRR Download_zpsf7530e5f
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:35 pm

James,

I cant think of any interchangeable parts between the R and F except for fluids. You might be able to 'make' some stuff fit, but they are pretty different. Lots of guys do a 'free' front fender mod, just nose around in the mod threads. ADV still has that Hugh Jass WR thread in Thumpers, you may have seen it. Welcome to the fold lots of good info here and an active fleamarket...

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh yeah, I had Drew at WER do my rear shock. Makes a big difference. Go Race is also highly recommended, but Drew is local to me in NJ....
Maybe you will Join one one of Walter Barlow's multi surface rides in NJ. Good stuff

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know Walter pretty well and have done a few of his rides in the past.
I thought more parts would fit, oh well.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 pm

The Kommanders rides are especially fun when Tammy joins.... She can flog that WRR of hers..
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:10 pm

It is mine now :-)
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Ah so! I didn't recognize it without her draped all over it...

She could certainly ride that thing...

You'll like it. Not too fussy, and goes everywhere.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 pm

WR-250F parts fitting a WR-250R?
Well, there's the...

*Oil filter element, although it is installed facing different directions due to a different engine with a different oil filter cover and a different oiling system.

*The WR-250F stock front sprocket will fit the WR-250R, but not vice-versa.
This is due to the WR-250F sprocket having a relief groove cut into the side facing the engine in order to clear the oil seal retainer not used on the WR-250R.

*The rear sprockets will fit either bike as long as the mounting bolts and nuts for the sprocket went with it.

*The tires would fit either bike.
Same for the tire tubes and rim bands.

*The oil inside the engine would work in either bike.

*Depending on the model year of the WR-250F, the headlight bulb (not the glass lens, just the bulb) could be the same.
My 2002 WR-250F headlight bulb is the same one, but the one that was in my (now gone to a new home) 2009 WR-250F was different.

Beside some misc. nuts, bolts, washers, etc., I can't think of anything else.
The two models are different - different chassis, engine, suspension, seat, fuel tank, plastics, the whole nine yards.
Personally, I think it's confusing and more than a bit rediculous somebody made the decision to call the dual-purpose bike a WR-250R.
Probably a marketing team of psychos.
XT-250R sounds more like it to me.

Last edited by YZEtc on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 am

I'm guessing the "free fender mod" question is more about the whale-tail shit hanging off the back of the bike.

Yes - some people have cannibalized it.

Use the search function. I know one guy posted pics somewhere.

here's one <-- clicky

here's two <-- clicky

you can dig through more threads and see if others have posted....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks the reply some great info. Was hoping more parts were interchangable.
Back to top Go down
Jolly705

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Also how many miles to a stock tank?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions - Just bought WRR   Questions - Just bought WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions - Just bought WRR
Page 1 of 1