Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
jimrobinette

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Install and capacity write up over on the ADV monster thread.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:22 pm

jimrobinette wrote:
Install and capacity write up over on the ADV monster thread.
Here (scroll down a bit) on page 1128:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329337&page=1128

Great write-up, thanks Jim! thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
Okay, She Dubya, noone running with that bald-headed baby of a tank on their bike is allowed to talk about how ugly my Safari is anymore!!! poser2

Can't wait to see what they come up with for the super-tanker, however. lurk

Bald headed still looks better than a 365 day erection. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 810411

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Not to insult anyone with the safari tank (if you are happy with it, that's fine), BUT..... So far even the 4+ gallon IMS tank is looking alot more at home on the WRR. It appears they at least took the stock shroud shapes into consideration while designing it.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 pm

john92 wrote:
Not to insult anyone with the safari tank (if you are happy with it, that's fine), BUT..... So far even the 4+ gallon IMS tank is looking alot more at home on the WRR. It appears they at least took the stock shroud shapes into consideration while designing it.

Agreed. I think the Safari is a pos, myself.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:18 am

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 851577 I won't say how often I've seen that remark.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I now have the 3 gallon tank installed. I wish I knew how to do pictures. I have a seat concepts seat and it looks to fit somewhat better then the one pictured, I had a slight leak under the tank I noticed this morning but after moving the gas line around a little it stopped, it must have been in a bind, the fit to the bike is great, put about 70 miles on the r2 and I did see 90mph on the GPS. I was very impressed with how stable it was. Sure do like the little bike more with each passing ride. Berwyn wings cheers bannana
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Pictures! needpics Pictures! needpics No, if you can't do pics, I guess that's OK. What color did you get? What color plastics/seat? I'm wanting to see a black tank with stock or black seat and black plastics. But if I get my Email from IMS before that happens, I'll still be putting my order in for my black tank. Maybe I'll put up pics for the other skeptics. wink
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Is there still alot of people waiting on their confirmation emails? Is there a discount code or something that they give you in the email?
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:58 pm

No, They email you saying to call and talk to one of two individuals. Lynn, has already sent them a list with all the people who are on the pre-sale list. What they will ask you for is your email and what tank you wanted. They will then get all the shipping and payment info from you over the phone and thats it.

I was the 11th person to call and about one of the first persons with a natural. My credit card was charged later that day, but I received no confirmation email telling me that it was sent. If I do not have my tank by Wednesday, I will call and ask for a tracking number. I figured it would take a solid week to get to my place (Ohio).
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Just ordered mine, thanks a million She Wolf for coordinating this.

My natural 3.1 is 2 weeks out plus an additional 4 days for shipping.
Back to top Go down
SteveO

SteveO

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 pm

weeeee!

My tank arrived today,

can't wait for the weekend to get it installed.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:27 pm

I put the order in for a black tank today! Now I just need to forget about it and be surprised in a month when it shows up.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:14 am

OK, I've been out of the loop on this for a bit since I have not been getting the thread updates to my E-mail for some reason. Anyway, I've gathered that the tanks are now in production & we will be contacted by E-mail when it's our turn? I see that natural & blue are first, so when the black ones are ready to go, they will contact everyone that pre-ordered for black?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:24 pm

I think I remember someone saying they got the pre-order email for a black tank. I must admit, I didn't get the email yet. I jumped the gun a little and gave them a call. I paid for my black tank but I expect it to be awhile.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

john92 wrote:
I think I remember someone saying they got the pre-order email for a black tank. I must admit, I didn't get the email yet. I jumped the gun a little and gave them a call. I paid for my black tank but I expect it to be awhile.

I did get the email. The transaction went through on my credit card 1 week ago, since then no news.

I don't know if they send an email when they ship.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Dancamp wrote:
I did get the email. The transaction went through on my credit card 1 week ago, since then no news.
I don't know if they send an email when they ship.
Same here. Although since we're in Canada, it would be nice to hear when it gets shipped because it can take a while to get here. dddog
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Nothing yet for me here in BC. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 29721

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:05 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Nothing yet for me here in BC. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 29721

Shewolf, are they supposed to contact us first using the list of members that you sent in?
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Blue tank arrived today   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 3bf512e8
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Can't wait to see how that blue looks.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 pm

My natural tank showed up today. cheers Of course I had just filled up before the UPS man dropped in, so I gets to wait until tomorrow after work to toss it on. dddog
Back to top Go down
mnormand

PostSubject: Blue tank install   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Blue tank came in today. First off, apologies to Shewolf for making a change from blue to black on the pre-order, then buying blue anyway. Spur of the moment decision when I had IMS on the phone last week. Glad I stuck with blue, I like it lots.

Easy install, spent more time looking for tools before, and fighting plastic pieces after. Put a new fuel pump too, since mine is a low serial suspect 2008 model. Used the O-ring from the stocker.

Put in 1.5gal, couple of longer cranks, and she came around. Will do road test tomorrow after I check for leaks, and cut that hose down. The extra gallon is going to be very nice indeed. I did 450+ miles this weekend, and was always looking for gas at 50mi.

Next up, another new 606 on the rear. cheers

Big thanks to Shewolf for your persistence in getting this mod! wings

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 IMG_0024

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 IMG_0023

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 IMG_0022
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Looks great! I am glad I purchased a blue tank. thumb

mnormand wrote:

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 IMG_0023

Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:54 am

Looks pretty good. I'm just hoping that someone figures out a mod to pull that seat in a little though. It looks like the shrouds fit nicely with it, I just don't want to see the very tops of my rear panels or my shrouds really. Plus it seems like a good gap for getting more junk in there. I think it could all be solved with some trimming of the seat pan in some sort of way. I'll have to check it all out when mine shows up. It will be black tank, black plastics, all-black seat so maybe it won't be real noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next