Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
vwsandman

vwsandman

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Black tank ordered!    IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Black tank ordered! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 pm

cheers

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Imstank1

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Imstank2

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Imstank3

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Imstank4

cheers

oh, and since no one mentioned it I don't think, there is a little nub that sticks out over the radiator...

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Imstankwing

not sure if it will really help with protection, but it couldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 am

Nice. Is that one white or natural? They're starting to roll in one by one. lurk
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Natural. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:53 am

I'm guessing you got a natural also? Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Mine is a natural, yep. wink

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Everything about shewolf is natural.. riding, beauty, genius.. she does it all! ..of course she will have a natural tank..
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:26 pm

rydnseek wrote:
Everything about shewolf is natural.. riding, beauty, genius.. she does it all! ..of course she will have a natural tank..

You have something on your nose there pal.

hide
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Black IMS mounted with GPR V4.....looks good....no gaps.....a bit of a PITA since you need to tuck the front tongue of the tank under the GPR Steering stem collar....I sled it under the collar first so I didn't have to take everything apart up front (lazy method)......made the rear fitment a pain but I managed with a tight "press fit" in the rear (IMS tank is about a 3/8 inch longer than stock overall so the bolts mounted through the rear bumper bracket and into the tank won't side under the frame due to the GPR coller up front.....I attached the bumper to the frame and did a "press fit" with the tank/bumper down below the frame....would prefer to have it bolted properly but I can't get my stubby fingers in there and I'm too lazy to take everyhting apart up front (if I don't have too).....whatever, it isn't going anywhere with the plastics/tongue of seat/my fat ass clamping it down.....a bit of a rig job but not worried about it, if I run into any issues I'll man up and take everything apart up front/mount it properly in both locations)

GPR info: http://gprstabilizer.com/prod_v4_dirt

Cord sticking up on left side of seat is power to my helmet lights (one spot/one flood): http://trailtech.net/helmet_light_kits.html

Cord dropping down on left of bars is for Baja Designs Helmet Kit that I use with a Yaesu VX-170 radio (PTT switch is next to horn button): https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-650001/Radio, Helmet Radio System

Vx-270 (replaced Vx-170 that I use): http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=111&encProdID=87CE6C1FF54D5BBCA7F39179AB3B1511&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

Wire cluster is Eastern Beaver 3 circuit solution with SAE connectors on all leads (Heated grips (switched), accessories (phone, etc.) switched, GPS/battery tender/accessories (unswitched):

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Fuseboxes/3_Circuit/3_circuit.html

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 IMS1
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Alright! Black tanks are rolling in! Do you have any side shots as far as fitment? (Not that it matters since mine is paid for and hopefully shipping soon.)
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 pm

john92 wrote:
Alright! Black tanks are rolling in! Do you have any side shots as far as fitment? (Not that it matters since mine is paid for and hopefully shipping soon.)

Yes my Black tank arrived Friday. wings

Now need time to install. scratch
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

SheWolf, I was going to hold out for the 4.5 gal tank but decided to go ahead and get the 3.1. Is it too late to sign up?

I would like a to get a black one.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: First "long" trip on WRR   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:38 pm

blue one arrived last Wednesday, just a I was driving out to go on a 4 day ride from ABQ to the Ruidoso area. Put on about
700 miles of mostly non-pavement riding.

This was my first trip of any length and this moto performed just like everyone has been saying, even without all the "performance"
mods. There were 3, sometimes 4 KTMs on the ride, a KLR 650 and me. The KTM riders were about 25 years younger than me but I
could keep them in sight most of the time and I felt very secure and comfortable with the bike. A few times I went into a corner carrying
too much speed and had to bail but the suspension "saved" me several times. On the hiway, I don't know the top speed but it would carry 75 pretty easily
even at 8,000 ft or more with me and 25 pounds of gear. The engine got better and better... this got the total mileage up to 900 miles. The last tank got 65 "real" mpg measure with the GPS mileage. The Yamaha odometer reads 18% higher than the GPS trip meter and the Yamaha speedo measures 85 mph when I was going 70 mph really. Really need to do something about the Yamaha unit... all it is now is a clock.

Seemed like I missed some critical upshifts... not sure why but I did.

Sure is nice around the Ruidoso/Cloudcroft area... miles and miles of trails to ride and every level of difficulty that exists.

Glad I got this one.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: IMS aluminum fuel cap?   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:18 am

From what I can tell this might be a good cap to get for the IMS tank. Tusk IMS Aluminum Fuel cap Anyone ever try one? I think I will get the blue for mine. It will go good with the other blue farkles. cheers
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:50 am

IMS had one available but it was $50 so I decided to hold off. I also saw this one and thought it might be good but I don't have tank yet so I'm not worried about it. I'll use the plastic one for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:38 pm

My tank is at the customs. Good news for Canadian customers.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Guess what showed up on my door 10 minutes ago?!! wings Wow, extras are always good! eeek thumb
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 0ff1c966
Footpegs!!
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 E16368df
So just a hair over a week for shipping this box. Not bad, all things considered. Now to go install it. Very happy

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:45 pm

RimBenty wrote:
SheWolf, I was going to hold out for the 4.5 gal tank but decided to go ahead and get the 3.1. Is it too late to sign up?

I would like a to get a black one.

Give them a call you still have time. thumb

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Guess what showed up on my door 10 minutes ago?!! wings Wow, extras are always good! eeek thumb
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 0ff1c966
Footpegs!!
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 E16368df
So just a hair over a week for shipping this box. Not bad, all things considered. Now to go install it. Very happy

WOW you're lucky! Must be for all your hard work putting together the pre-sale for the new tanks. I've got mine paid for & should get it in a couple weeks. Thanks Shewolf!
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi She Wolf:

If anybody deserves an extra farkle or two for what you have done to keep the IMS 3.1 gallon IMS tank group buy moving forward, you do!

Man, talk about herding cats while juggling running chain saws at the same time bow

Enjoy the new tank as it’s a keeper!

Wayne
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Im still waiting on an email .. still nothing .. maybe Im just on the bottom of the list dunno
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: IMS   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Mine arrived today--may help others on the list figure out when they should be getting theirs. wings
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Tank is on the bike and wow...even just the trip I normally do to town, around town and back leaves me between a 1/2 and a 1/4 tank. I haven't even hit 3/4 of a tank yet!!! Oh an my secret weapon:
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 93e61ff6

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 F7d6e905
This works like a hot damn! I can use my tank bag without any interference whatsoever from that vent line, and no gas can come out because of the one way check valve. thumb Fitment of the tank bag is great, it doesn't interfere with steering either. I found the fitment of the tank pretty darn good as well, I can see the fuel level even with the panels on, and didn't have any issues with installation. What I DID before throwing that fuel pump into the new tank, was to clean the fuel filter...and yes it was dirty!! eeek At least now I'm good for a while with that. Bike fired right up and didn't miss a beat. Very happy
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Cbb1c947

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Did you one-off that thing Lynn?? If not, where did you get it? Even if you did, share the wealth. Very happy

lurk
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Ok, you lost me. poser2 *insert signature from below* Very happy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next