Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
MeefZah

MeefZah

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:45 pm

I received a very rapid email response from several people at IMS, including Chuck, apologizing and advising a new batch of O-rings was in and they would disptach one via USPS Priority ASAP.

Good service.
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:29 pm

MeefZah wrote:
I received a very rapid email response from several people at IMS, including Chuck, apologizing and advising a new batch of O-rings was in and they would disptach one via USPS Priority ASAP.

Good service.

Got the new o ring today.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 pm

texasreb wrote:

Yeah, I got mine, too. Installed it, put a half tank of gas in and let the tank sit in the sun, off the bike, for several hours. I thought I detected a very small amount of seepage from the frontmost pump bolt, but I really can't say for sure. It was like a damp spot originating under the bolt that I couldn't wipe away.

Installed the tank, filled it completely, and let the bike sit a bit... no leakage, but hard to tell about seepage. Took it for a 60 mile ride, no apparent leakage and my markings show a gallon of gas used. I think I'm okay but it's kind of a mind-fuck, making me wonder if it is seeping just a bit or not.
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

MeefZah wrote:
texasreb wrote:

Yeah, I got mine, too. Installed it, put a half tank of gas in and let the tank sit in the sun, off the bike, for several hours. I thought I detected a very small amount of seepage from the frontmost pump bolt, but I really can't say for sure. It was like a damp spot originating under the bolt that I couldn't wipe away.

Installed the tank, filled it completely, and let the bike sit a bit... no leakage, but hard to tell about seepage. Took it for a 60 mile ride, no apparent leakage and my markings show a gallon of gas used. I think I'm okay but it's kind of a mind-fuck, making me wonder if it is seeping just a bit or not.

Did you put sealant on the tank like everyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sealer on "Big Honkin' O-ring"?   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:04 am

texasreb,

Know ya' weren't asking me, but I did not use sealer when I installed the Big Honkin' O-ring (BHO) to maybe help make it more reusable in the future.

I have no leakage.

For other inmates possible input: Sealer or no with the BHO?

Thanks,

-feet
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:52 pm

BUMP !!! lurk

We went from top topic to Shog

Installs to road test to 1 big o ring and .....

Guess everyone is out riding (further than before)

I am a happy camper thumb

Thanks IMS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 pm

oldirt wrote:
BUMP !!! lurk

Thanks IMS

+1
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

BigFeet wrote:

For other inmates possible input: Sealer or no with the BHO?

I did not use sealer with it.

I still can't be 100% sure I don't have very very very minimal seepage but I don't have leakage, so I'm okay with that.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Still running the seal all, no leaks, got an o-ring sent, and another tank is on the way with another o-ring. Chuck said they have resumed making them and are sending o-rings with every tank now.

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Ran 'er dry today. 151.4 miles. Light came on at 114 miles. There was actually a very small amounht of fuel still in the tank at 151 miles, but the WR was surging s if it was about to run out. I was hoping against hope to get 150 miles on a tank, so I'm quite happy with the numbers I got.
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Quote :
Ran 'er dry today. 151.4 miles. Light came on at 114 miles. There was actually a very small amounht of fuel still in the tank at 151 miles, but the WR was surging s if it was about to run out. I was hoping against hope to get 150 miles on a tank, so I'm quite happy with the numbers I got.

So you are getting less then 50 MPG? What kind of riding did you do?

I just hit the low fuel light at about 155 miles with half city and half freeway driving and some very heavy tires but I was easy on the throttle.

I wonder what kind of range others are getting on a tank?

Bruce
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 pm

I would be expecting about the 150 mile range myself. I'm geared real low and have most of the open-up mods performed with the programmer set for performance not mileage. (exhaust, pipe, flapper down, etc.) My fuel light used to come on around 80something miles on the kickstand so I'm guessing it would get a little over 100 miles to a stock tank-full.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Scharcon wrote:

So you are getting less then 50 MPG? What kind of riding did you do?

I just hit the low fuel light at about 155 miles with half city and half freeway driving and some very heavy tires but I was easy on the throttle.

I wonder what kind of range others are getting on a tank?

Bruce

He is a stone throwing machine.Very happy But I also get around 50-55 mpg.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 pm

3KGT_Maddness wrote:

He is a stone throwing machine.Very happy But I also get around 50-55 mpg.

Alan and I are gonna throw some stones tomorrow around 3:00pm if you wanna come.... text me if ya do.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:46 pm

MeefZah wrote:

Alan and I are gonna throw some stones tomorrow around 3:00pm if you wanna come.... text me if ya do.

GAHHHH I'm in Akron for school during the week. That would almost be worth skipping a day for though.....
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

3KGT_Maddness wrote:
MeefZah wrote:

GAHHHH I'm in Akron for school during the week. That would almost be worth skipping a day for though.....

It's Columbus Day, or MLK day, or something. You got skool on holidays in Akron?
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:59 pm

MeefZah wrote:
It's Columbus Day, or MLK day, or something. You got skool on holidays in Akron?

Yeah... no Columbus day. But I'm sure we will observe MLK day.....

But the Canoe Livery is done OCT. 31!!! wings So I will be able to ride on weekends after that.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:44 pm

oldirt wrote:
BUMP !!! lurk

Thanks IMS

Out riding, yes, but not with the new tanks. Two new tanks sitting here. No sign of O-Rings...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:07 pm

ZED wrote:
oldirt wrote:
BUMP !!! lurk

Thanks IMS

Out riding, yes, but not with the new tanks. Two new tanks sitting here. No sign of O-Rings...

Zed,

Maybe a dumbass question, but did you contact IMS for the o-rings? I'm not sure if they are being mailed out to everyone or not... when my tank developed seepage, I called Abel at IMS and that seemed to me to initiate things. Abel got that o-ring to me in just a few days.

This conflicts with my original understanding... that the o-rings were going out to everyone automatically. It's possible the first batch were going to known leakers first which makes sense.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure ya' made the call.

-feet
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 pm

My O-ring got sent automatically. I didn't have to E-mail or call it just showed up in the mail about 2 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:15 pm

We have enquired as to the whereabouts of said O-Rings. ETA is likely the end of the week or early next week.
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:58 am

Low fuel light came on today @ 115, I have 135 on it now and will top it off tomorrow. When I first filled the tank I did not fill to the tip top, so I am guessing maybe I would have got another 1 or 2 tenths in it.

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 IMG_02291

But I should see 150 comfortably, my current map is not real good for mileage, I am going to try a different one next week. I didnot notice this before I put the tank on but as you can see in the pic IMS did a nice job of making a cup area for the pump, I doubt if you ran it out of gas you will not find much lingering around inside this tank. TIME TO PACK and FUEL UP for a ride wings
Like others, I am full mods, offroad would get me about 80 + before the light came on, with my gearing (13/46) and running 75 + on the frwys mileage drops pretty good. One of the maps I have, I ran some pavement up through the mountains with light speeds (30 - 55) and pulled 70 mpg. So the lower rpms will make a big difference, usually when I am offroading my speeds are lower but sand and hills and rpm's are the equalizers. I think at worse I can pull 130 miles which opens up new worlds for me.

**Update** 138.5 miles put in 2.7 gallons. (Low fuel light on for 18 miles)
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:15 pm

ZED wrote:
We have enquired as to the whereabouts of said O-Rings. ETA is likely the end of the week or early next week.

cheers cheers cheers
The o-rings have arrived. eeek They are huge suckers!

Now we need time to install & test.... Hope for a nice weekend!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but... is there any weight saving between an (empty) stock tank and the IMS 3.1 gallon tank? I realize 3 gallons of fuel is heavier than 2 gallons of fuel, but I'm wondering about just the tanks.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but... is there any weight saving between an (empty) stock tank and the IMS 3.1 gallon tank? I realize 3 gallons of fuel is heavier than 2 gallons of fuel, but I'm wondering about just the tanks.

If no one else can answer this question, we *will* be able to as soon as we do the install. We will be weighing both, empty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next