Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

lol, sorry. little do-hickey angled fuel hose/secret weapon. Shog
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Would you believe it's a...heater hose elbow...?? Suspect Seriously, I looked at some PCV valve elbows for smallish engines and they were just a little too loose, then at an adapter for a MiniVac system, but still not a go. This thing fits nice and snug; the hose stuffs right in there nicely, and all I did was trim off the other end a bit with the Dremel so it wasn't sitting so high. thumb Now, it just has enuf clearance above the cap so I can turn it any way I want, and the bag sits on there like it was meant to be. deal

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 pm

No tanks for us in the mail yet.

I like the elbow vent SheWolf. Much more subtle than a big vent tube coming up shouting "DIRT BIKE" to the local constabulary. wink
I'm not sure about the check valve though. What happens when the fuel in the tank heats up? With no pressure relief that plastic tank may turn into a big ball like a gerry can does. eeek

Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm

I've never had any problems with too much pressure with the little vents.. i had one on my drz.. but my riding buddy had one, too, & his blew off somewhere on a ride, never to be seen again. If it doesn't breath, some, it will build pressure & pop off somewhere.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 pm

I think with the tank being a neutral color it's not going to heat up near as much as the colored ones will. Granted, the engine heat will give off some and warm things up I'm sure. If it pops off anywhere it will be at the cap end because that's the place where it swivels. At least I won't lose the valve in that case. wink

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:04 am

She: Isn't that lil do-hickly diddly-bobber thing pointed the wrong direction ? ...and if so I'm thinking the tank bag is totally in the way ! * wiggles eyebrows *
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 am

Oh jeez....that wouldn't even muster a...*smacks* poser2 Nice one Rob, but yeah, that's what the tank bag is for. It holds all kinds of stuff. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Install time!! bannana Black tank has arrived! Damn it! I have alot of gas in my bike right now and no syphon doo-dad. scratch
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:32 pm

My black tank arrived in Texas yesterday. It looks great!
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Quick poll: According to instructions, "wash tank thoroughly before installation". I just buttoned everything up on the install short of filling it with gas and checking for leaks, BUT I didn't wash it out before hand. baldy Did anyone else?? I figure alot of others got anxious like I did. Also, I was going to clean that little fuel filter but I didn't see how to remove it so I left it alone. Shewolf how did you clean it?
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 pm

john92 wrote:
Install time!! bannana Black tank has arrived! Damn it! I have alot of gas in my bike right now and no syphon doo-dad. scratch

Simple answer - go for a long ride Very happy

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 RideIMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 RideIMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 RideIMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 RideIMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 Ride

We're still waiting for ours GAHHHH dddog
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Installation   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 pm

With that BFH in the bottom all I did was take a clean white rag and wipe the tank out. Didn't find anything if that makes you feel better.
Had to ajust the right side upper "plate" that the side panel slips over but that was it--easy installation. It is sitting in the sun now to see if anything leaks. I took a different approach on what it holds. All I care about is the delta between what I had and the new tank. So I filled the old tank before beginning the installation. First step was to drain it completely into a container--did that. Installation followed then refilled the new tank with the original gas. Went direct to the gas station and put in an additional 1.08 gallons. So the new tank in my case gives me that much more gas to use. I've been getting the fuel light between 97-106 miles with my normal riding. With the extra 1.08 gallons I should get the low fuel light between 174 and 183 miles--which will fit my needs just fine. Thanks IMS and a special thanks to shewolf for getting this moving and done wings thumb Very happy

john92 wrote:
Quick poll: According to instructions, "wash tank thoroughly before installation". I just buttoned everything up on the install short of filling it with gas and checking for leaks, BUT I didn't wash it out before hand. baldy Did anyone else?? I figure alot of others got anxious like I did. Also, I was going to clean that little fuel filter but I didn't see how to remove it so I left it alone. Shewolf how did you clean it?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes, I had to adjust the "tab" on the radiator side. I bent it just a tiny bit to get the shroud to grab on the tab. Overall, for such a critically shaped part, everything buttoned up pretty well.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 pm

KLRchickie wrote:

Simple answer - go for a long ride Very happy

I couldn't quite do that because I have my 4-year old. I flipped it upside down after removing the tank and funneled it into a can. Very happy
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:32 pm

cryptomundo wrote:
Im still waiting on an email .. still nothing .. maybe Im just on the bottom of the list dunno

I never got an email either, so I just called an ordered and told them my screen name, done deal, on it's way!
Back to top Go down
Cool#9

Cool#9

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Two installation questions -

Are you all reusing the original gasket when you transfer the fuel pump to the new tank?

Do you apply a sealant to each side of the gasket?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Well I guess you can call it a gasket--but it looks more like a hugh O-ring with tabs. I reused it and no sealant. It just sat in the hot sun for several hours and no leaks.

Cool#9 wrote:
Two installation questions -

Are you all reusing the original gasket when you transfer the fuel pump to the new tank?

Do you apply a sealant to each side of the gasket?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm

vwsandman wrote:
cryptomundo wrote:
Im still waiting on an email .. still nothing .. maybe Im just on the bottom of the list dunno

I never got an email either, so I just called an ordered and told them my screen name, done deal, on it's way!

That's what I did. I couldn't stand waiting for the email any longer so I gave them a call and they let me order it.

Cool #9, I also just simply bolted the fuel pump back in with what was already there. It doesn't seem to be leaking but it's a little hard to see underneath.

Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm

The black tanks have begun to invade Canada, mine arrived today! cheers
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Installed a blue one yesterday. pics at http://cid-be970b7454254b4b.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/IMS%20tank

had to grind some off the front bracket to fit with the steering damper.

BTW: I put lots of reflective/metallic tape on the bottom of the IMS tank like the insulation on the OEM tank

Last edited by taoshum on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Mine didn't leak, I put it together, no sealant, and rode it right after. thumb Clean the fuel filter while you have the pump out!! deal

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Mine didn't leak, I put it together, no sealant, and rode it right after. thumb Clean the fuel filter while you have the pump out!! deal

How did you do that??
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:42 pm

john92 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

How did you do that??

with her tongue?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Ewwww...no you take it apart. There are clips holding it together, you just have to be REAL careful. Or you can just swish it thru some clean gas and squeeze the shit out of it. wink do that a few times and it will eventually turn white. A bit more labor intensive, but it gets the job done.

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

john92 wrote:
vwsandman wrote:
cryptomundo wrote:

That's what I did. I couldn't stand waiting for the email any longer so I gave them a call and they let me order it.

I got the e-mail but as I'm in Australia I e-mailed Abel to confirm my order and sort out how to pay and get a price on postage (twice) and I'm still waiting for them "to get back to me" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next