Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Six8 wrote:
this news is a tad too late for me cry
I'm picking up a 3.1 Friday that I ordered last week on the news that
there was to be no 4.5 GAHHHH

Tracy

I understand you. I wonder why someone recieved an answer from IMS and Shewolf recieved another answer.

I appreciate the work that Shewolf does on this matter. When we have one person in contact with the producer we don't slow down the producer with numerous phone calls and we get straight answers. At least as straight as they can give.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Note that one answer was from jgt not ims.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm

For anyone concerned about this fuel setup, Chuck got back to me.

"We are going to use a vacuum pump to lift the fuel from the wings so the Yamaha pump will have access to it. I spent a lot of time and brain cells on different pumps, locations and plumbing and came to the conclusion that the Safari setup was the best way to go. We’re using the same Mikuni pump and mounting it inside the tank only our plumbing will be different. It’s something we used on the Aprilia RSV450 wing tank and I will send pictures when I get one ready."

Also, he is checking in about a group buy for us like we had for the 3 gallon tank. He'll get back to me as soon as he finds anything out. thumb

As for different answers anyone has had...can't see why that is. Chuck's never bullshitted me and has always been a straight shooter; he's about as honest as they come. scratch

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 pm

AWESOME! I love how these things "work themselves out" cant wait to see this tank on the bike thumb
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 pm

dysco wrote:
dc4stroke wrote:

With the pump mounted in the tank and picking up fuel within the tank. There is no adjustments to be had. Now if the pump were external, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Since they could place fittings at the lowest points of the tank to feed the pump. If the internal pump had remote pickups, the inlets to the pickups could be placed in the lowest points also.
It's not that complicated. There's a sensor on the fuel pump to determine the fuel level. In the safaris, it came on after a gallon was gone and stayed on through the last 2 in stock position. You can lower that sensor (I think) to a little closer down so it comes on closer to the last 1/3 tank or so.

That sensor has nothing to do with the pump getting fuel. The issue is to get fuel that is lower than the pump itself.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Update guys, sorry thing have been chaotic over here.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Wr2_6_10

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Wr2_6_11

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Wr2_6_12

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Wr2_6_13

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Wr2_6_14

Chuck says "We got our first part out of the 4.5 mold and the tank held 5.0 gallons! We hit our target no redo like the 3 gallon tank, yea! The final production tank capacity will probably be 4.8 gallon (18.1 liter). There is still work to do but if things go as planned we could see production by the end of the month."

That's all I have, which is great news for you guys. It's not his fault things have slid; apparently the guys at the mold shop are way behind on a whack of his stuff, not just the WR.

OK, I'm back in..... Clear is best , White is OK, Blue will work, I'll probably pass on Black.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 pm

BTW,
what is that hole under the seat?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/13/54/89/42/wr2_6_13.jpg
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm

dc4stroke wrote:

That sensor has nothing to do with the pump getting fuel. The issue is to get fuel that is lower than the pump itself.
Right. I wasn't talking about the vacuum pump, I was talking about the low-fuel sensor that turns on the orange light on the dash. You know, the thing that comes on once you burn 1.000001 gallons?
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 pm

joenuclear wrote:
BTW,
what is that hole under the seat?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/13/54/89/42/wr2_6_13.jpg

I think you're talking about spot for the fitting where the vacuum line will connect for the second fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 am

That's precisely what that is. thumb

PostSubject: What is the estimated price US?   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 pm

What is the estimated price US for this tank? deal
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Put me down for a blue one...
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:48 pm

skierd wrote:

You going to pick it up in California when you get there?

John
Back to top Go down
The Breeze

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Put me down for a "Blue" one please!!!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 am

jeickerman wrote:
skierd wrote:

You going to pick it up in California when you get there?

John

Has to make it there first. Tried to leave earlier today, but the motor conked out merging onto the interstate about 50 miles from home. Tried troubleshooting, no luck, currently awaiting repairs, hoping for warranty work.
Back to top Go down
Onetrackmind

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:21 am

Count me in for a natural one! deal
Back to top Go down
skidplate

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I'll take a clear one too as long as the price is competitive wit the safari tank.
Back to top Go down
Olmer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Too late for me! I'm moving to Marocco in April for a rallye, so i bought the Safari!

Too bad, because the 1,5 gallon more of the IMS would have been better for Africa.

Olivier.
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Hope it's not too much longer...   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 pm

...Since adding a pipe, removing all the AIS & EXUP stuff and opening up the airbox, my little WR-R rips; but she also rips thru a tank of gas a bit faster!

I was averaging 55-57 mpg but yesterday only got around 50. To be fair, along with the pipe and other mods I also went down to a 12-tooth CS sprocket and I was wringing her out much of the day.

Still, on a 280-mile ride that included 35 miles of interstate, about 65 of gravel FS roads and the rest two-lane backroads and state highways, I filled up a total of four times. With that little stock tank I don't pass a gas station if the odo shows more than 50 miles since the last one.
Back to top Go down
CopaMundial

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm

skierd wrote:
Tried to leave earlier today, but the motor conked out merging onto the interstate about 50 miles from home. Tried troubleshooting, no luck, currently awaiting repairs, hoping for warranty work.

Any news?
Were you stranded, or did you manage to at least get running and back home?
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I'd be very interested in one of these in black. Anyone have a solid ETA?
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am

I'm still in for one of these, aren't i, shewolf? I thought i chimed in for one when the thread started, either here or on adv.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:32 pm

You're still in there Scotty! thumb As for pricing, it's at the beginning of the page. It's either close to or cheaper than the Safari.

**EDIT** It's cheaper. The Safari is $474.99 on JGT. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 am

So is that list the formal "group buy" or is there going to be something more specific?
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 am

Ok, looks like I need to get two of these. Put me down for one Blue and one Natural.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 10 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next