Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
radedgex

FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? Empty
PostSubject: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:10 am

Went to hook up my fmf programmer but i dont understand why it has 2 connectors? the picture only shows connection for one connector. any ideas people????
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:14 am

I believe what you see is simple.

One connector from FmF unit goes into throttle body. Only one should fit.

The other is for you to connect to the stock connector you pulled off the throttle body.

It creates a loop between the stock electronics and the FmF unit you bought.

Does that make sense?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 am

Do your connectors look an awful lot like the two on mine? The black one and the gray one?
The two that are looped together with short group of wires?

FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? DSCF8845

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
radedgex

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:21 am

they look just like that. thansk for the reply. i guess i found the 1 connector but not the otehr. it was alittle dark in the garage last night so i will look tonight. it cant be too far away sense the wire is only about 6" long.
Back to top Go down
radedgex

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 am

oh, i get it now. key point is to take the otehr connector and plug it into the stock connector i took off. this makes the connection loop. thanks man, i love this forum.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:24 am

The one you pull off bike so you can connect your FmF needs to be plugged into the other socket you are asking about.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 am

yes....you got it...

we do have a nice litle place here....

Be sure to post pictures, and the settings you like. FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? 525406 FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? 500735

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
radedgex

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 am

OK, i will post up my settings after i get time to mess with it. i have been reading alot on here about settings but everyones are way different from what i can tell. i will start with the stock setting they come with. i want this machine to hit hard down low and pull as hard as i can get it, any ideas on settings. i took my spark arrestor out, and opened up the airbox so she is breathing very well now, just need more fuel ;-)
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:17 pm

So the black & grey connectors & ground is all you hook up? What about the white wire with the black connector? You dont hook up to the TPS also?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Are you asking based on my picture? If so, what I have is not an FmF unit.

The OP has an FmF unit. He did not ask about anything other than what we talked about.

On my Attitude Industries unit that connector does not get used unless you have a turbo or something like that.

Hope that helps.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes I was asking about your picture because I am shocked it does not plug into the TPS as well.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 pm

TPS = throttle position sensor?

On the AI unit the short white wire with the black connector is not used on a stock wr250.
That's for bikes with turbo.

Not sure what the FmF units have.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:03 am

motokid wrote:
TPS = throttle position sensor?

Yes
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 pm

fmf looks pretty much identical except it does not have the short white wire with the black connector, or the long grey one.

it just has the bundle of wires with the two plugs and the wire that goes to the battery terminal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?   FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF PROGRAMMER - WHY 2 CONNECTORS?
Page 1 of 1