Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New WRR in Colorado

Go down 
+3
inspector
SoupSandwich
Greg@RME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Greg@RME

New WRR in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey folks, thought I'd introduce myself before I go crazy with WRR questions! I'm Greg, live in Western CO and have been riding off and on, most of my life. I'm interested in adventure riding and technical single track riding. I have 2 bikes for that stuff, a well modded Suzuki DR650 and a light & fun WR250F. I'm registered on ADVRider and have been browsing thru the huge WRR thread over there, but this place is great for getting specifics.

I picked up a WRR for a couple reasons... #1 is so that the wife can go riding with me on the WRR. She has a TTR250, but it's not plated and not too road friendly and I think the WRR will be a great bike for her. The 2nd reason is that I would like a smaller/lighter adventure bike when I'm going without the wife, for those technical trips. The DR650 is a great bike, but it's a pig... especially with a 8 galllon Safari tank!

I picked up a '08 WRR with 2300 miles on it for... well, cheap. wings I went to Utah to get it and took it up American Fork Canyon the following day, to see how it handles singletrack. It was pretty ballsy riding a bike with no skidplate, no handguards, stock gearing and Trailwings up AFC. The bike handled it all fine, though the need to re-gear was obvious in several places. EFI was great, as we approached 10k feet.

Here's a couple pics from the ride and my other bike, the DR650. thumb

New WRR in Colorado 1025296439_GkysN-L

New WRR in Colorado 1025298086_8xbNZ-L

New WRR in Colorado 878180590_f89cS-M

The WRR was bone stock, but it now has a skidplate, Tusk 1 1/8" Woods bars & 3/4" bar risers, handguards and a 12 tooth CS. I also have a FMF programmer but I haven't put it on yet, mostly because I want my wife to get used to the stock power first. Plus, I don't want to take away from the amazing, stock fuel mileage.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Welcome...... I lived in Colorado Springs for about 5 years.......that was some great riding. Lots of great info on this forum. wink
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Welcome, HI!

*wow, 8 gallons. can't even fathom.
Back to top Go down
Greg@RME

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 am

SoupSandwich wrote:
Welcome...... I lived in Colorado Springs for about 5 years.......that was some great riding. Lots of great info on this forum. wink

Thanks for the welcome! Colorado is a great place to live and ride. I love where we live, 90 min to Moab, 2 hrs to the San Juans, etc. Pretty hard to beat. Very happy

inspector wrote:
Welcome, HI!

*wow, 8 gallons. can't even fathom.

Thanks! Yeah, 8 gallons is overkill, but it's nice when you just want to ride. I get close to 400 miles out of a tank, it's great when you're covering a lot of ground in remote places. The weight isn't as bad as you'd think, but the girth is quite noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Greg@RME

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:31 pm

I made some mods to the WRR on Friday and we were able to get out and ride yesterday.

- Ricochet Skidplate.

- Tusk 1 1/8" bars, Woods bend, 3/4" risers/adapters.

- Tusk D-Flex Hand guards.

- 12 tooth counter sprocket.

New WRR in Colorado 1041416869_AkbzZ-M

We rode from home, into the Colorado National Monument and into the forest above Glade Park, CO.

New WRR in Colorado 1041417736_mBK77-M

New WRR in Colorado 1041417907_97m6k-M
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Howdy... Welcome !

I got one of those ! Pictured here: (and a pig too ! Not pictured)

New WRR in Colorado Alamo_Pam_Yanni

Your's may be a little taller. I added the lowering link and the Corbin seat.

Our riding is mostly out in the desert area so there was no need to go down in gearing. ...but I'd do it for trails you've shown.

We have property 250 miles S of the Moab in AZ. It'd be cool to do a couples trip down into the Mongolan Rim area.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Welcome to the pack! New WRR in Colorado 61865 Gotta love such a wicked little bike. New WRR in Colorado 93746

Matty

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:18 pm

What up from Denver!!!
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:26 pm

New WRR in Colorado 1041417736_mBK77-M

Man, that DR is tubby!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New WRR in Colorado   New WRR in Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

New WRR in Colorado
Page 1 of 1