Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pivotpegz are the BOMB!

Go down 
+5
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Boondocker
SheWolf
cryptomundo
jyam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jyam

jyam

Pivotpegz are the BOMB! Empty
PostSubject: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:35 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img169/7527/img4195f.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img185/9464/img4208yq.jpg
HEY.. wink
Had these pics for awhile and have to say...WAHOOO..Nothing i don't think, matches the comfort and performance as these pegs.Bike response is mindblowing and you don't even feel hours on hours of riding.I will never use anything else AGAIN!
And you should all go run out and get them....NOW Very happy
Well that's my P-R-ing for the day
peace
ja
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img215/461/img4197m.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img251/8703/img4307g.jpg
droooool
Found a couple more check em' out
YAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
john
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

yeah they are great pegs .. i have some on my bike and love em

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 am

Took you long enuf to get them John. Pivotpegz are the BOMB! 93746 I love them! Gives control a whole new meaning. Pivotpegz are the BOMB! 61865

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:32 pm

How do these compare size-wise to stock pegs? Basically, I want bigger pegs for my size 11 booties. I'm looking at the Fastways pegs that are wider (front to back) and can be mounted lower and farther back by 3/4".

Got any comparison pics?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 pm

I went with the Fastaway first. Sorry I don't have any pics but they are maybe as much as .5 inch wider and the dual position thing. Two reasons I change to Pivotz.

1) I wear stiff Alpinstar Tech 3 for off road protection but a Sidi Adventure in more mellow riding or street riding because it is water proof and more walkable/flexible. I had a problem getting my tow under the shifter with the Fastaway which I would resolve by raising the shifter higher a splice or so. But when I rode without those stiff boots I wanted to move the shifter back to stock position. With the pivot action I can leave it stock position with either boot.

2) I did not like how little fold up angle you get with the Fastaway. They contact the frame after only like 20% of fold.

That stuff aside I liked the feel. They are comfortable and their is the cool interchangeable traction studs.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Damn, more stuff I need to buy? When does it end?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:54 pm

rtr
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Good info Chief, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
I went with the Fastaway first. Sorry I don't have any pics but they are maybe as much as .5 inch wider and the dual position thing. Two reasons I change to Pivotz.

1) I wear stiff Alpinstar Tech 3 for off road protection but a Sidi Adventure in more mellow riding or street riding because it is water proof and more walkable/flexible. I had a problem getting my tow under the shifter with the Fastaway which I would resolve by raising the shifter higher a splice or so. But when I rode without those stiff boots I wanted to move the shifter back to stock position. With the pivot action I can leave it stock position with either boot.

2) I did not like how little fold up angle you get with the Fastaway. They contact the frame after only like 20% of fold.

That stuff aside I liked the feel. They are comfortable and their is the cool interchangeable traction studs.

I wear the Alpinestar Tech 3 boots too, off-roading, and have adjusted the shifter up quite a bit. Likewise, when I commuting, I wear trim-toed Alpinestar Gortex and the shifter is a bit high. Still haven't relearned to shift worth a darn with Tech 3s. I'm also concerned about lowering the right side peg because the brake lever is adjusted to the lowest position already.

I guess I'll have to look again at the Pivot Pegs. Thanks for the insight.

One more thing - where did you buy them and what part number?
Checking the Pivot Pegz fitment chart shows part number PP-43MK3 for the Yamaha WR250R/X, but my internet search mojo isn't turning them up.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:51 pm

I've had a set of Pivot Pegz both on my WRR and my DL650 for about a month now. I have to say that I do like them. They are the same size as the IMS Pro pegs I had on the DL, and they're definitely wider (not longer) than the stock WRR pegs. They have nice, sharp teeth, pivot well, and feel very well constructed. They take a little bit of getting used to, but I would definitely buy them again. I ordered both sets from altrider.com
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 pm

yes, I completely agree.
still loving my pivot pegz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pivotpegz are the BOMB!   Pivotpegz are the BOMB! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pivotpegz are the BOMB!
Page 1 of 1