Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Empty
PostSubject: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:43 pm

did some searching and could only find these. anybody else have more or better views of the tank on the bike they could help out by posting here? Safari tank website pic is not that good either. I'm not quite sold on the IMS yet, hopefully their 4.5 gal tank will come out soon and help pursuade my desicion on which one to get.

Aloha

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 808037720_BJXke-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 808036856_T2Qzn-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! DSC02766

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! IMG_0587

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Wr250largetank

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Wr250r

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Wr250rtt
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:40 am

My Safari tank (sold)
Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Newtiresside

IMS tank, only one i have w/o the tank bag
Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Imstank1
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 am

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 896755628_yr3jz-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 938192695_8jBGa-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 938186138_rZrpe-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 955187256_nKXF6-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 954198572_Fsxta-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 1016178593_d38WL-M

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 1016181611_vTNmx-M

I may have more Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 810411
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:24 am

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! WP_000141

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! WP_000135

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! WP_000132

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! WP_0001401
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey josh ...

I will ask my questions here (instead of the IMS thread)

First -- GREAT looking WR250X cheers

How does the Cee Baileys windscreen work ?? Both with and without the top spoiler ??

What handlebar bag and map pocket is that ??

What aux. lights are those ?? Do you have any pictures from both the front and from the riders seat with them on ... day and night to show how they show up and the light output ??

Thanks - GsVs

josh wrote:

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! WP_0001401
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:10 pm

GsVs wrote:
Hey josh ...

I will ask my questions here (instead of the IMS thread)

First -- GREAT looking WR250X Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 525406

How does the Cee Baileys windscreen work ?? Both with and without the top spoiler ??

What handlebar bag and map pocket is that ??

What aux. lights are those ?? Do you have any pictures from both the front and from the riders seat with them on ... day and night to show how they show up and the light output ??

Thanks - GsVs

Thanks..I agree she's pretty cool.

I have used the Cee Bailey screen on a number of bikes including my DRZ400 and noticed a significant improvement. I am 5'6'' and the air hits me in the chest. The extra wing throws the air to my shoulders. Neither is better than the other. My head doesn't get rattled at all. So the Cee Bailey is plenty of screening.

The handle bar bag is the Kawasaki KLR bag. $40+ and is a perfect addition for sunglasses, insurance info, note pad...you get the point.

The map bag is from Aerostich...simple design works great.

The lights are Vision X lights and are exactly the same lights as Twisted Throttle but less expensive. I find Twisted Throttles shipping to be expensive.

I do not have pictures with the lights on/off. Look at Twisted Throttles site and you can decide. Very good choice in my opinion.

Hope that answered your questions.

Just wanted to add that for my use which is primary commuting into Seattle it has been a terrific bike and a nice alternative to all the other outstanding motorcycles I have had over the last 20 years. I can't think of anything else I could possible need for the ride into town or a tour around this great State. Greater protection from the elements would have some limitations compared to the WR250X. I wish these manufacterers made bikes with greater function and versatility like this. I've grown tired of having to spend good dollars aon ok motorcycles to make them what they should have been out of the box. That would require greater thought on their part and frankly we all like a little customizing. Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 500735 This is now a very nice motorcycle. Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! 810411

Last edited by josh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: gas fumes   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Anyone notice mild level of gas fumes with the tank? No apparent leaks. Does the porousness of the tank allow for this. Just curious. Love the tank. I do have a vent valve on the cap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!   Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please post your Safari Tank Pics here!!
Page 1 of 1