Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
darngood1

darngood1

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 pm

05cr125r wrote:
Installed the 12 o'cock Labs Speedo DRD...with the factory error and the change i made in tires and sprocket it came to -10.5. It took me under 5 minutes. Took a ride compared to GPS and it was money. thumb

+1 on the speedo drd. Simple install and works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 8:28 pm

I lubed my steering stem bearings earlier today. First time n it was a three hour job for me so not to shabby. Not sure which part to go for next....
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Switched out the front and rear wheel spacers with the Zeta blue....just a little bling

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 IMG_20160615_164528
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 IMG_20160615_164458
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:01 am

Last night I swapped out the Yoshimura (RS4?) exhaust that came on my bike for an FMF Q4. I had been wearing ear plugs every ride, even just to work a couple miles away and it was getting to be a drag. I also didn't like that everyone turned and looked as I rode by, including the cops. I prefer to keep a lower profile.

First rides:
My first impression is that it did what I wanted it to do. I rode to work this morning without plugs and it was about the same as driving with the window open. I can now hear the engine and wind noise where before those were a distant second to the exhaust. Shifting by ear means I spend more time in lower gears, right or wrong. Before I was always in a hurry to get up in gears to quiet the BRAP.

Performance I don't notice a difference. This is my first motorbike and it's faster than anything I've ever pedaled (although my land speed record on a bicycle is 56.5 MPH). I haven't had enough time on it yet but I almost think the throttle is smoother down low. I didn't notice having my normal sloppiness getting into first gear, but today could have just been a good shifting day.

Looks wise it's not as flashy as the Yoshi, but I'm not going for that. I'm considering taking off the stickers and painting it black, or maybe just taking off the stickers. My Yoshi had hit the ground (by its first owner) and the stickers need refreshing (or removal), so it's no beauty queen anyway. I forgot to smooth out the dents when I repacked it the other week but that would certainly help it out in the looks department. In retrospect I should have seen if I could turn the cover around and put the pretty side out. For the price of a few rivets that would have been worthwhile.

If you're in the market for a Yoshi pipe, stay tuned; I'll probably be selling mine. I have no idea what they go for but I'll probably clean it up, snap a few pics and sell it off.

Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Still working on a handlebar install after I over wheelied and bent my stock bars. I got the Jimmy Button renthal 7/8 bars. I have to pull up some wires and I'm good til I get more parts. Got a new tail light, rack, pivot pegz, n I ordered the sandman casesaver kit since I was spending too much money already...
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 3:17 pm

I finally changed my stock spark plug after 8000kms and almost 4 years.

The coil/cap did not want to come off, I was almost lifting the bike up by the coil, I ended up putting vise grips on it then prying up on them from the side with a large screw driver, I thought it was going to break.
The coil was rusted to the side of the motor above the plug, I cleaned it and rust checked it to try to make it come apart easier next time.
While the plug was fine I will be changing the plug more often to avoid this from happening again.

I was also having a stalling issue while lugging the bike on the last ride (this was why I changed the plug) then after changing the plug the bike still stalled but also wouldn't crank and the fuel pump wasn't running. It turned out to be the kill switch, I had filled it full of dielectric grease when the bike was new but that turned out to be a bad idea as it was full of dust/dirt causing a short, cleaning the switch fixed my issues. thumb

I also had to do this to my signal light switch and horn about a month ago, I also filled these with dielectric grease when new and they were dirty and not working 1/2 the time, cleaning with brake cleaner and leaving them dry fixed em. Going through this made it easier to pin point why the bike was quitting tho as I should've cleaned the kill switch when I did the others.

I now leave the switches dry and blow them out with the air compressor once and awhile to clean the dust out, they're not sealed and get a lot of dust in them.
Back to top Go down
nin01

nin01

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Motard rims, new rotors etc
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 20160716_125351_zpsoolb9pw0
Back to top Go down
Elm

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 am

sillymike wrote:
Installed a Led headlight bulb from www xenondepot com Very happy

Which one did you choose? Search by Bike only showed a HID lamp. Did you install it yet & what is the beam pattern like? I bought another brand & the pattern has dark sections & high beam is very little different to low beam.
Back to top Go down
dbradford0820

PostSubject: I rode it...   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 6:27 pm

https://youtu.be/kue3iEmD6ZU
Back to top Go down
sillymike

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Elm wrote:

Which one did you choose? Search by Bike only showed a HID lamp. Did you install it yet & what is the beam pattern like? I bought another brand & the pattern has dark sections & high beam is very little different to low beam.

Got this one http://www xenondepot com/H4-LED-motorcycle-headlight-kit-p/h4-led-mhl.htm

I have mixed feeling about it. The high beam pattern is good, but the low beam is kind of funny... Might get a HID bulb for it. Had one one the Scrambler and the low beams was darn good.

Since I like to ride at night, I added a LED bar I had laying around. Makes a world of difference wings
http://www aliexpress com/item/7-8inch-30W-Cree-LED-Light-Bar-Spot-Flood-Combo-Beam-Offroad-Light-12V-24V-For/1463276020.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.85.xQYEpu
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello all, I put new tires and heavy duty tubes on the WRR today. I went with the Shinko 244 tires this time. I have been running Dunlop 606 tires for the last 37 k miles. I went out for about 50 miles yesterday and so far so good
Back to top Go down
TerryK

PostSubject: I rode the WRR today, videos   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:22 am

Was out on the WRR today, videos from today

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 14183779_10153869407847864_7115564100901091875_n

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Rode as track-marshall to an enduro event.

Nothing too exiting, a lot of mud and clay, so I'm just thumping along. We get into the woods a couple minutes in:
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Finishing up a sprocket and chain kit... 13/47 with 112 link chain. Came on here to check double check some torque values before I put everything away. I'll probably add some pics to my thread later.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Been awhile since I have spent some seat time on the WRR...

This weekend I rode up to March Moto Madness from south of ATL via a western route that avoids all the ATL traffic mess. 205 miles from my place to Tellico Plains. Got to enjoy some of that Krambone's Brisket on Friday evening.

The road about 180 miles of FS roads on Saturday while doing some exploring. Still recovering from the flu so I kept it easy. Had lunch at Deals Gap and then dinner that night at my favorite Mexican place in Vonore.

Then trekked back 205 miles on Sunday.

The bike ran great including about a 8 mile section of I-75 to get around downtown Cartersville. If I could only have one bike this may be the bike.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 5:17 pm

After my chain n sprocket install I was playin in the yard n got tangled in some old barbed wire bs. I've gone through that spot hundreds of times. No big deal though, I untangled and played some more... Today I had the first 60 degree day in awhile... I was gonna go riding. Playing in the back yard I noticed I had no pressure on the rear brake. I didn't think that wire would cause this n I couldn't see any leaks. Ran to town got some brake fluid and gave just bleeding a shot... Still no pressure but I could see a little fluid comin from what appeared to be the piston... It was really just for shits that I checked my banjo fitting and had the aha moment. Torqued the banjo down to 22ft/lbs, bleed a little more, and bam full pressure is restored... I was lookin forward to having to upgrade to a ss rear line... Maybe one day.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:40 pm

No more ugly rust spot on my frame.... I didn't get a before pic but it was about a 1"x2" spot with a couple chips further out. I used some yota touch up paint n it was close enough for me. Not quite as flakey tho. Might order the colorrite paint in the future.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 IMG_0260_zpsetlql8mj
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 pm

The darkness is shadow not the paint.... the rust was on the bottom of the tube.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 am

I took my studded tires off that I used for trail riding on snow/ice last winter and went back to the stock exhaust. I'm doing a lot more street riding now and like it quiet for that, I didn't mind the noise from the fmf q4 off road but it bugs me and my neighbors while riding down the road. At some point in the last 4 years I must have needed the hardware that runs the exup as it was missing, after a bit of experimenting I figured out which way was open on the exup, I clamped vise grips on it to hold it and rode around. I welded it in the open position, the bike would hardly run with it closed btw, it bogged bad above 1/4 throttle, I doubt it closes completely when working normally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24