Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Fast Will It Go

Go down 
+15
0007onWR
Chadx
CopaMundial
Fargo_Wolf
mtb
CampCobb, Tennessee
mwakey
D1EHARD
Bob
inspector
Krabill
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
flatboarder
macfast
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:52 pm

mwakey wrote:
I added those. They are Yamaha bullet connectors. Fairly water proof and they unplug for easy removal (unlike a solid connection). Other people make similar connectors but these were free from work. wink I think something similar came with my DRC blinkers or tailight. But the rubber boots were not as heavy duty as these. I can get you the Yamaha part numbers for them if you like, but you need special crimpers to install them.

Yes please... Part number please thumb
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Krabill... I think you've been battered by one tornado too many...

Keep in mind (what's left of it from losing most of it to said tornadoes... Very happy ) that you ran a 12/43 setup, while Shewolf ran a 13/43 setup and thus was able to get the higher speed.
Back to top Go down
CopaMundial

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 am

And don't forget the whole Unicorn Milk mod.
That's gotta help too.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

Oh yes, and the little hamster on the treadmill I have under my seat. wink

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 am

With 13/43, my bike won't pull all of 6th gear and is actually slower than with the 12/43 combo. Call me a skeptic, but I'd still like to see some actual gps proof of this supposed 100mph run.

Come on . . . post 'em up everybody. Indicated and being paced by a car don't count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 am

@mwakey
Thanks for the information - it will help me. I went to the store last weekend they showed me this:

http://www.louis.de/_20c7228b57234160d975b87b51f6999e69/shop/shop_article_big.php?IMG=10034794_870_FR_05&TITLE=10034794

48mm, looks pretty good, seems to be good quality

Last edited by Juergen on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 am

Fargo_Wolf wrote:
Krabill... I think you've been battered by one tornado too many...

Keep in mind (what's left of it from losing most of it to said tornadoes... Very happy ) that you ran a 12/43 setup, while Shewolf ran a 13/43 setup and thus was able to get the higher speed.

I can explain in great detail the physics behind why this is so. Can you?
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:35 am

Oh geez, now you want to get math into it.

If we assume the rear tire has an OD of 27", the circumference is 7.07 feet.

Since we don't have a tach, let's work backwards starting with my 85.7 mph figure . . .

85.7 mph = 7,542 fpm / 7.07 = 1067 rpm at the rear wheel

1067 x 43 / 12 = 3,823 rpm counter sprocket

3,970 x .786 6th gear ratio = 3,005

3,005 x 3.12 primary gear ratio = 9,377 rpm motor speed. If you look at dyno sheets, that's pretty much maxed out for the little WRR.

So now if we reverse all of our numbers and use a 13T counter sprocket, you'll see it is only mathematically possible to run 92.8 mph if you can get it to wind out all the way. Mine won't with the 13T on the front . . . unless I'm heading downhill with a tail wind ;)

Tell me again about this 100 mph run, because from where I stand, it isn't possible without throwing it out of the back of an airplane.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

Okay . . . my mistake. I found a couple more dyno sheets and it seems this little motor can turn 10,000 rpm in ideal conditions.

At 10k rpms, it would give a theoretical 99.0 mph top speed with a 13/43 combo. Hmmm . . . I'd still like to see a gps shot.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Even a GPS shot isn't going to be proof unless you got a pic of it ON THE BIKE while at speed. Anybody can run a GPS up to 100 in their car and show it to you here as proof of it being on their bike. You would have to be a real good rider to take a photo of your GPS while riding 100 MPH. Give it up you guys. It's a damn 250. If you want to go fast you should have bought something bigger.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Juergen wrote:
I went to the store last weekend they showed me this:

http://www.louis.de/_409cffd74b3127bfe45f280465e9ff1dda/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&article_context=detail&artnr_gr=10034794&anzeige=0

48mm, looks pretty good, seems to be good quality

What is it? I can't read German.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:25 pm

I was flying down the freeway Sunday passing cars left and right. Speed limit was 70mph. Then it got a little breezy and started uphill. Pretty soon all those cars I had just passed where now passing me as I couldn't go about 69mph (observed). GAHHHH poser2 I lol'ed.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I agree with Krabill. Wind resistance won't let this bike get you all the way to redline in 6th. Unless there is a big tail wind, or a downhill, or changed gearing to compensate for it. Not enough ponies. And I'm guessing a light rider weight isn't going to make a huge difference (maybe a few mph, but not 10mph or more). I could be off on that, though.

Would be interested in someone with a tac winding out their bike and posting the max RPM they could pull in 6th gear (with stock gearing).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Sorry try this

http://yfrog.com/eetachometerj
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Juergen wrote:
Sorry try this

http://yfrog.com/eetachometerj

That's nice, but I'm not sure you can connect it the way I did. You may have to do the wrap around the coil wire (or coil) method like some others here have done. It may not work tapped directly into the orange wire like I have.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

mwakey wrote:
Even a GPS shot isn't going to be proof unless you got a pic of it ON THE BIKE while at speed. Anybody can run a GPS up to 100 in their car and show it to you here as proof of it being on their bike. You would have to be a real good rider to take a photo of your GPS while riding 100 MPH. Give it up you guys.

thumb My thoughts exactly.

mwakey wrote:
It's a damn 250. If you want to go fast you should have bought something bigger.

Which is why I sold my 600. I didn't feel there was any need to always go over 100...with the R², it was a matter of seeing how fast it could go. Bearing that in mind, I was impressed with what I did get out of it, case closed. Hey Mark, my hamster is challenging your gerbil to a duel. Winner gets a full tank of Unicorn Milk. wink

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am

@mwakey
http://yfrog.com/edtachometerbackj

At the moment I have no time. Later I will translate some passages of the manual

Maybe there is a whole English version
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Krabill wrote:
Sure. Your bike goes 100 and gets 85 mpg. Must run on unicorn milk poser2

Dude.........In canada we run Polar bear blood
Unicorn milk is sooooooo yesterday
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:23 pm

I fill mine till it doesn't burp anymore, and I stand it on the level, not on the kick stand. Last fillup my light flickered on at 86, but I rode fairly hard on that tank.
Hey honey, lend me your bear. I want to use his fluff for some baffle packing. wink

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:26 pm

shredak wrote:
How full do you guys fill the tank? How full can I fill the tank? Stock I get about 40 miles before the fuel light comes on.

Are you serious? 40 miles on 1 1/2 gallons? That's like 26 MPG. I find that hard to believe for a stock bike. To answer your question though, I fill mine to the bottom of the filler neck (or slightly less). Depends on how touchy the fuel pump is. Some let you crack it open slow and others pump full blast with the slightest grip of the handle. Usually I get it close to the top and I can go almost 100 miles with full mods on my bike. I can't believe a stock bike gets only 40 miles before the light comes on.

Is that polar bear riding bitch? That might explain it. Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey, he's got to keep his ass warm somehow. wink Red, you get your pipe? I bet that will add a nice wet spot. thumb

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 am

Nope, no pipe yet but DHL delivered some nice resistor's for LED signal light's that have not arrived yet
I figure the best way to hurry up the part's was to put my bike back together, buy insurance and ride the freakin thing

As for how fast it will go @ 2000 ft alt my bike will do about 130kmh (sitting upright), I have 2 one inch holes in my airbox and the "stock airbox and pipe" map from dynojet

CANT WAIT FOR MY EXHAUST!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Hey...it is a nice day for a ride, you know.... wink Mine's been plated since October.... Very happy

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Just nticed I posted in the wrong thread again oops!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Moved Shred...no worries. thumb

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Fast Will It Go
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next