Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Fast Will It Go

Go down 
+15
0007onWR
Chadx
CopaMundial
Fargo_Wolf
mtb
CampCobb, Tennessee
mwakey
D1EHARD
Bob
inspector
Krabill
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
flatboarder
macfast
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
macfast

macfast

How Fast Will It Go Empty
PostSubject: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 am

Had my WRR up to just over 80 mph.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 am

macfast wrote:
Had my WRR up to just over 80 mph.

Speedo display or GPS? We encounter speedo deviation of 10% approx. I have got about 9% deviation with speedo and 4% with odometer. Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 am

I used my speedometer and thuoght is reading high.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 am

I had mine break 100 with the 13T on.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:19 am

SheWolf wrote:
I had mine break 100 with the 13T on.

I can vouch for that, the off road tires get a bit squirrely past 80 but it's very doable to get a wr up to 100 (I recommend the X rims and tires for extended periods at that speed... Just safer over all)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am

Bah phooey! I did 90 from Kelowna to Vernon most of the trip on the 606's and they weren't wobbling all over. They rode as good as the 802's I had on my 600.

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 am

*cough*bs*cough*

100 indicated, sure. I had mine up to 103 indicated. Unfortunately for those of us who live in the real world, I also had my gps on . . . it showed an actual 85.7mph at my 103 indicated. I don't believe for a second that you were going an actual 100mph.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 am

I think I had mine up to 93 indicated with power left. Of course the return trip I could only get it up to about 79 indicated. Windy that day!!

*mine is about 11% off
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:36 am

I don't care if you don't believe it. wink I had the car right next to me, and that thing is bang on. Bike read 103, car read 100. I know with the 12T on no damned way.

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:44 am

Sure. Your bike goes 100 and gets 85 mpg. Must run on unicorn milk poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah premium unicorn milk at that. thumb

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:02 pm

aren't most cars off too?
Back to top Go down
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 pm

I hit 94 on a GPS on my X with stock gearing. 1 tooth less in the rear than the R. Took a long time and the bike was screaming, but 94's not bad. But like I said over on TT, why in the hell would anyone need to go over 85 on one of these bikes? I'm sure we all do it at first just to see what the bike has, but I can pretty much guarentee I will not be over 80 mph again...lol.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Bob wrote:
aren't most cars off too?

Yes.

And since some of you live outside the US, you might want to clairify if your reading is MPH or KPH. Aren't you Canucks on the metric system?
Back to top Go down
CampCobb, Tennessee

CampCobb, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:59 pm

My wife paced me in her VW and said I got to 97mph. The WR speedo said 99mph. That was bone stock and I weight is 168lbs.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Yes, in Canada we are on the metric system but really, it's a no brainer to convert. We can convert the R² to metric or standard, as you can in the US. thumb I also don't weigh as much as you guys, so yeah, it IS doable, I don't make a habit of going any faster than I have to. As Diehard said, we just do it at first to see what the bike has. Having owned a 600, damn straight I want to see what the little sewing machine has. 100 MPH is nothing on a sportbike, but for the little R², to me, that's impressive even if it is screamin it's head off. wink

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Yes, in Canada we are on the metric system but really, it's a no brainer to convert. We can convert the R² to metric or standard, as you can in the US. thumb I also don't weigh as much as you guys, so yeah, it IS doable, I don't make a habit of going any faster than I have to. As Diehard said, we just do it at first to see what the bike has. Having owned a 600, damn straight I want to see what the little sewing machine has. 100 MPH is nothing on a sportbike, but for the little R², to me, that's impressive even if it is screamin it's head off. wink

We can GPS test the speed Momma wuff, shut up these non believers once and for all >;3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Today I had 156 KM/h on the display. According to the GPS it is 146km/h

I wonder at which speed the limiter will set in
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Juergen wrote:
I wonder at which speed the limiter will set in

Rev limiters don't go by speed, they go by RPM. The rev limiter on this bike will kick in at 11,600 RPM. You don't have to go fast to hit the limiter. You can hit it in 1st gear if you like. Notice I said YOU can do that. I prefer not to run my bike to the limiter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:03 am

@mwakey
Yes I know it goes by RPM. I also prefer not to run my bike to the limiter.
Do you have a rev meter on your bike? or is there anybody who has it? If yes how it is connected to the electronic.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:47 am

Juergen wrote:
@mwakey
Yes I know it goes by RPM. I also prefer not to run my bike to the limiter.
Do you have a rev meter on your bike? or is there anybody who has it? If yes how it is connected to the electronic.

Yes I have a tach. This should answer your questions about how to connect it.

Other have installed different tachs with mixed results and different ways of connecting them. Do a search here and at ThumperTalk and you will find some other options for tach installs.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:59 am

Mark, while we are on this, I have a small question..

How Fast Will It Go MiniWiring

Are those clear rubber housings in the stock harness? Or you added those after you've done with the wiring?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:18 pm

I added those. They are Yamaha bullet connectors. Fairly water proof and they unplug for easy removal (unlike a solid connection). Other people make similar connectors but these were free from work. wink I think something similar came with my DRC blinkers or tailight. But the rubber boots were not as heavy duty as these. I can get you the Yamaha part numbers for them if you like, but you need special crimpers to install them.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Here's my proof. 12/43 gears wound out just as far as she would go. Indicated 103 . . . actual gps speed of 85.7.

How Fast Will It Go 29aqfxy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Cool, cool. I did mine with the 13/43 so it would have a higher top end. thumb I like that GPS...be good for my job.

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go Empty

Back to top Go down

How Fast Will It Go
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next