Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Fast Will It Go

Go down 
+15
0007onWR
Chadx
CopaMundial
Fargo_Wolf
mtb
CampCobb, Tennessee
mwakey
D1EHARD
Bob
inspector
Krabill
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
flatboarder
macfast
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Krabill

How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 7:15 pm

I got it up a wee little bit faster today on a loooooong straight stretch. It was indicating 105.

How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 Fk5t9z
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 am

I got mine up to an indicated 150 kph (93 mph) on flat and level ground. I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and I weigh about 230 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Highfive

Highfive

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:33 pm

I've read enough of this jibberish. Put up or Shut up! And use a legitimate witness for verification.

Since it is believed that I may have the fastest R-model around, let's see what the de-liar reads for me:

How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 520433507_tp92e-L

Yup...that's 91.6 mph with 13/46 gearing, and my speedo was reading 105 mph indicated. This reading was taken last weekend, on a downhill run (at that). I reset the gps in front of a witness, then verified it with him afterward, and photographed it for all you fine people.

My best run ever was a recorded 93 on my gps (on flat ground in calm conditions). Think I was toting a little less gear (i.e. no tailbag full of tools, spares, & life support stuff). Also, it was in January when the air was cooler & more dense.

I do not believe anyone can get 100 mph (actual) from the WR250R....ON FLAT GROUND.

But what do I know....

HF thumb

p.s. One more thing....very factual thing....R² will reach higher top-end speed with 13/46 gearing than it will stock 13/43 gearing.
I have proven it in testing. The stock gearing would not pull 6th gear to the limit in the real world (with wind/friction resistance). Since my speed (above) was recorded on a downhill, it wouldn't be valid as a real test. Krabill was with me. He was running the same downhill and posted something like 83 - 85 mph max (I forget). It was windy....real, REAL windy that day.
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 pm

I have tested top speeds on every one of the 15+ bikes I have owned ... hit indicated 95mph on the WRR and I am satisfied with that. I am sure I could see faster if I really needed to (and in good conditions) but, this bike is just too much fun at safer speeds to worry about reaching triple digits. I have hit the rev speed limiter on a Busa several times before ... way more fun to run through a red dirt ditch at 30 anyday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Fast Will It Go
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3