Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Fast Will It Go

Go down 
+22
jason meacham
trav72
no.17
NorCalWR
adamoto
wildbillhatchbac
skierd
ArmyStrongMD
PooTeeTat
SheWolf
mash100
xcel
motokid
wrxdraginpegs
sswrx
12oclocker
PQRS...
JasonProspect
D1EHARD
edwardhill1995
mfrankpdx
macfast
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
macfast

macfast

How Fast Will It Go Empty
PostSubject: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:01 am

Had my WRX to 85 mph.
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm

I got mine up to 96 downhill with a tailwind deal
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Sounds about right to me.
Back to top Go down
edwardhill1995

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

101mph on the speedo with my chin on the gas cap and elbows in..hehe.....
Back to top Go down
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Hit 94 on mine. Long time to get there though. GPS kept ticking up, ever so slowly.
Back to top Go down
JasonProspect

JasonProspect

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:01 pm

99 mph slight down grade full tuck.
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:28 pm

saw 104 on the speedo, flat ground..... not sure how fast i was goin tho!
Back to top Go down
edwardhill1995

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 2:01 pm

I got my speedo to say 104mph yesterday.Downhill with a 30+mph tailwind lol! needed that little extra oomph!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 pm

I got mine up to 90mph, with my speedometer calibrated to GPS. I think it will probably hit maybe 95mph max, I was almost at the revlimiter at 90mph. I'm -1 in the front. with stock gearing I actually had less power in top gear.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:39 am

So far I had 82 mph in 4th. passing a car on flat ground. Didn't have her quite wide open cause I'm still in the break-in period.
Back to top Go down
wrxdraginpegs

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm

i got 103 tucked flat road no wind. i dropped 1 tooth in the front now i can get 95 with no wind
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Are you guys posting speeds indicated by stock speedometer?
GPS?
Corrected speedometer?

Stock speedo is off 7.7%
Dropping one tooth in front knocks it off another 7% or so. Or 14% total if not more.

I have 13t front, 48t rear and a 150/60 rear tire. With corrected speedo using the 12 o'clock labs unit my speedometer had to be corrected by over 22%.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 am

Hi All:

I posted a bit more in the 10 X arrives thread but it lookes like a good place to add my own experiences on an OEM stock X w/ less than 500 miles on the ticker...

Wrapped up my own Speedo (mph) and Odometer (distance in miles) errors using a Garmin Nuvi 1490T. I also performed the top speed run on an older abandoned highway.

Top Speed and Speedometer error

During the top speed run, the WR250X hit 88 mph per the OEM Speedometer and 82 mph per the Garmin. The run was performed over an ~ ¼ mile stretch in both directions, temperature of 65 degrees, absolutely no wind. All while sitting in an upright position.

With that data, the Speedometer was approximately 7.3% high in sixth gear at its terminal of 82 mph with my big @$$ on board.

Odometer Error

This was the important one as it is the basis for actual distance which will impact the fuel economy calculations.

I did two different segments on two different routes. I let the Garmin calculate a route from one intersection with no turns to a T intersection. The point to point distance was 7.5 miles per the Garmin. The OEM Odometer (Trip A) displayed 7.6 miles to the corner.

The other segment was a 15 mile distance calculated per the Garmin involving 6 turns. The OEM Odometer (Trip A) from reset to parked displayed 15.1 miles.

An offset of < 1% is miniscule by comparison to the Speedometer offset.

Wayne

Last edited by xcel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 am

I pegged my throttle twice in 6th gear this morning.

82mph was all I got. That's corrected speed with 12 o'clock labs device.

I did not have unlimited road and I did wind 5th gear out to rev limiter before shifting to 6th on one run.

I was tucked and thinking small.

I do have a 48 tooth rear....so I know my top speed is down from anyone with smaller rear sprocket.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I get 85 (indicated) regularly on flat road with no wind - she wants to go faster, but doesn't quite feel 'right', as if I'm thrashing her for no reason...... Anyway, these bikes were designed for short blasts around twisties - they are NOT Harley style cruisers or sports bikes. deal Anyway, national speed limit is 60 on 'A' roads, & 70 on motorways - you do much more than 80 & your license is toast......
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 pm

95.6 on GPS this morning passing 4 cars and a truck pulling a load of hay; still had some throttle left. Still plucking out strands of crap from my helmet. budah

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 pm

12/48 gearing I hit rev-limit in 6th right at 80 MPH. I use the standard correction using 12OClock speedoDRD (great product).

I weight 240 and 6'3". I hit 80 MPH every day in my 5 mile commute. I start to get high speed steering wobble at that speed.

You guys must not be holding that throttle WAO. How Fast Will It Go 613970 Twist it till it stops, hold it there and wait until it rev limits. You'll know 'cause you'll suddenly want to go over the handlebars as the bike has an instaneous deceleration. How Fast Will It Go 640571

Try the 12Oclock labs top speed calculator link below. It's dead on.

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/gearcalc.htm

BTW what do you guys use for steering dampers?
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi PoTeeTat:

The 10 X with less than 600 miles on the ticker, stock gearing and pushing my 6-0, 220 #'s down an abandoned highway at 82 mph was fast enough to break every PSL in the US. That was more than fast enough for me How Fast Will It Go 93746

Wayne
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:05 pm

If 82 is fast enough for you, I HIGHLY recommend the 12/48 gearing.

And I haven't even brought the front wheel off the ground yet. How Fast Will It Go 805204

Oh, I forgot, you're the super-high mileage guy, right? You do 6th gear and 25 MPH, or such?

Man, I could never be that disciplined. I work next door the the Police HQ here in downtown Austin. I have no spark arrestor and the bike is LOUD. I still gun it everywhere I go. How Fast Will It Go 379944 By the time the cops are giving me dirty looks, I'm gone. I've even seen them rushing to their car to catch me.

Poor (slow) cops. How Fast Will It Go 851577
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi PooTeeTat:

6th gear and maybe 35 mph at the bottom with OEM as she begins to complain loudly at any slower speed in temps above 70 degrees F. The 5th to 6th gear shift point is something to be mindful of in warmer temps in particular... With the new 14/40 gearing, larger diameter Distnazia's and the Spitfire shield, I doubt her top speed will improve (maybe in 5th at WOT) but her FE and comfort on the highway should see a nice bump?

What does this "front wheel off the ground" thing mean How Fast Will It Go 93746 How Fast Will It Go 93746 How Fast Will It Go 93746

Wayne
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 pm

82mph....just can't get long enough road to really test if a few more ticks will show.

I am not at rev limiter though......

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
ArmyStrongMD

ArmyStrongMD

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 am

Riding 2-up with a slight headwind, we saw 85 on the speedo. By myself, level ground, no headwind, 94 on the speedo. No tuck either. In a full tuck I'm sure it would break 100...eventually.

Stock gearing.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Fastest I've taken her is 93.2mph according to my GPS and still pulling (albeit slowly), but traffic mandated that I slow down.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 pm

ArmyStrongMD wrote:
Riding 2-up with a slight headwind, we saw 85 on the speedo. By myself, level ground, no headwind, 94 on the speedo. No tuck either. In a full tuck I'm sure it would break 100...eventually.

Stock gearing.

Stock speedometer is roughly 7% off....as in it reads too high.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
wildbillhatchbac

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 am

stock . . . i saw 94 once for a second and that was with perfect weather conditions lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go Empty

Back to top Go down

How Fast Will It Go
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next