Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How Fast Will It Go

Go down 
+22
jason meacham
trav72
no.17
NorCalWR
adamoto
wildbillhatchbac
skierd
ArmyStrongMD
PooTeeTat
SheWolf
mash100
xcel
motokid
wrxdraginpegs
sswrx
12oclocker
PQRS...
JasonProspect
D1EHARD
edwardhill1995
mfrankpdx
macfast
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adamoto

adamoto

How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 pm

I hit 95(indicated) the other day. That's with my new PCIII and HMF exhaust. Before these mods the most I ever saw was 91(indicated). Stock 13/42 gearing and also wearing a 10+ lb. backpack.
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:10 pm

I got mine to read 100 once, but that of course was coming down a slight incline off the Samoa Bridge and I have the stock gearing and do not have the speedometer calibrated either. The bike is completely stock except for the airbox flapper removal.
Back to top Go down
no.17

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm

106! only happend one time. My bike is completely stock. I was on the Freeway and had the throttle tube firmly pinned for over 25 minutes. I was fully tucked with only one arm on the bars and was also drafting behind a liter bike in a pack of other bikes. My buddy on a drz said he hit 106 too that day and that is the fastest he ever seen his speedo read aswell.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:44 pm

no.17 wrote:
106! only happend one time. My bike is completely stock. I was on the Freeway and had the throttle tube firmly pinned for over 25 minutes. I was fully tucked with only one arm on the bars and was also drafting behind a liter bike in a pack of other bikes. My buddy on a drz said he hit 106 too that day and that is the fastest he ever seen his speedo read aswell.

100% stock means your speedo is reading about 7.7% higher than actual.

So you were at 98 or 99 mph roughly...

unless you were reading your speed off a gps..........

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:59 pm

My bike isn't stock and I run 13/47 on both my X and R wheels. With the X wheels I've seen 106 indicated which is about 94/95 on my bike. With knobbies and the R wheels, I couldn't get it past 93/94 indicated.
Back to top Go down
no.17

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Quote :
100% stock means your speedo is reading about 7.7% higher than actual.

So you were at 98 or 99 mph roughly...

unless you were reading your speed off a gps........

My reading was off my speedo. Now is that 7.7% the "set" number that it is off, the "average" number, or the " highest" number that it is off by? Does that mean the stock speedo is NEVER accuate on any wrx?? Also the fact that it only has read 106 one time ever, given the circumstances of the conditions I do believe i was going faster than usual. Also mentioning that my buddy reached top speed of 106 that day on his drz for the first time, I wouldnt think both our speedos would read 106 on the same day for the first time if we weren't going extraordinarily fast that day.(And we were side by side forever).
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:26 pm

It's pretty much a given that ALL stock, US model X's are off by 7.7%.

Your buddy's DRZ - that's a 450cc bike right...............he should be embarrassed that a 250x kept the same speed.

Don't get all bummed or anything, it's just the way it is.

It's a 250cc single dual sport for cryin out loud.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
no.17

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:54 pm

by buddys bike is a drz400 offroad version with sm wheels and tires. He has no reason to be embarassed of his drz. I always thought that with the 250 having a 6 speed compared to a drz with a 5 speed that they are very close at top speed. how much faster do you think a drz can go over a wrx?? Dont worry that im all botherd because im all good my friend. I know its only a 250 for god sake but isnt it what this thread is about? Trust me I knew I would get a response to my top speed as indicated but the fact of the matter is you really dont know how fast i was going. By the way Ive had multiple street bikes clock me at over 100. Maybe there speedos are off by 7.7 too.lol
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:41 pm

my bikes an r not an x but I'll throw it out there anyways..my speedo read 102 on the highway,,I've got an fmf exhaust and fuel programmer,13/47 gearing,and all the emissions shit taken off. my dunlop 606's were very worn out,I don't know if that made a difference..Iknow my speedo is way off but I'd love to know how fast I was going,,,I'd also love to know what other people were thinking when they were being passed by a dirt bike on the highway. also one more thing to add into the equasion,,I'm6'2'' and 255lbs,, I was tucked down as far as I could...it felt like I was doing 300mph.....
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 pm

jason meacham wrote:
my bikes an r not an x but I'll throw it out there anyways..my speedo read 102 on the highway,,I've got an fmf exhaust and fuel programmer,13/47 gearing,and all the emissions shit taken off. my dunlop 606's were very worn out,I don't know if that made a difference..Iknow my speedo is way off but I'd love to know how fast I was going,,,I'd also love to know what other people were thinking when they were being passed by a dirt bike on the highway. also one more thing to add into the equasion,,I'm6'2'' and 255lbs,, I was tucked down as far as I could...it felt like I was doing 300mph.....

click me

Click on "products" then "SpeedoDRD" then "Set up calculator"

You can enter your gearing, tires sizes and stock sizes to find out your error.
A sstock X/R speedo is off about 7.7%

I'd say you're stock speedo is reading off somewhere between 15 & 20%.

You were probably in the mid 80's in terms of mph.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
miguel1540

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 pm

My max velocity in a plain road is 164 kmh but once i did 167 kmh and i think it was because of the oil. At that time i was with 11000km and i should have done the oil change at 10000km. My explanation for this velocity is based on this: since the oil was already out of date it wasn t so viscous so this makes the gear box run faster. Ah and i tested it on a freeway and i needed almost 3km to do this velocity.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 pm

miguel1540 wrote:
My max velocity in a plain road is 164 kmh but once i did 167 kmh and i think it was because of the oil. At that time i was with 11000km and i should have done the oil change at 10000km. My explanation for this velocity is based on this: since the oil was already out of date it wasn t so viscous so this makes the gear box run faster. Ah and i tested it on a freeway and i needed almost 3km to do this velocity.

GPS verified, or factory Yamaha speedometer reading with no corrective device?

You're getting a little over 100mph which, taken into consideration speedometer error would put you at about 93-95 mph.

Pretty darn decent.

Stock gearing?
Stock exhaust?
Stock airbox? (no mods)
100% stock wr250x or 250r?

That's a good speed for these bikes.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
miguel1540

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm

I have k&n filter and airbox flapner removed.
And it was with the original speedometer i think it makes 7 kmh of error at least it was what i got from my gps. But i don t know my gps is not reliable.
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I just put a 12 tooth on and with a corrected speedo thanks to 12oclocklabs, I hit 90mph on the highway last nite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Last night i got 151 km/h (93.8 mph) in fifth according to the speedometer. The actual speed would be 137 km/h (85.1 mph). Last time i checked, i had my speedometer's reading was 14 km/h too high compared the the gps speed (with stock tires). The bike is completely stock. I have Avon Distanzia 150/60R17. With the stock tires, the speed was 3 km/h slower. But, different conditions and all.

Pretty good considering that my stock KLR 650 2008 that i used to own reached 165 km/h (102.5 mph) on the speedometer.
Back to top Go down
MotoDad

MotoDad

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm not into percentages... so here we go

Made a makeshift rig from an ipod vent mount for a car fit on my bars and give my nuvi a ride.

At 25 to 35 i was 2mph high on the speedo
35 to 45 i was 3-4 mph high on speedo
45 to 55 i was 4-5 mph high on speedo
55 to 65 i was 5 mph high on speedo
65 to 75 i was 5-6 mph high on speedo
75 to 90 i was 6 mph high on speedo
90 to 95 i was 6-7 mph high on speedo

ran outta balls on local highway and suspended testing above 95 till a later date
but i'm assuming that anything above 95 mph will be off by at least 7mph so if
I was doing 100mph on speedo i'd be doing 93 actual.

And thats mr. bills scientific data for today
Back to top Go down
telet

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:13 pm

stock wr250x 13/42
How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Imag0210
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm

telet wrote:
stock wr250x 13/42
How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Imag0210

Would love to know more. Having trouble believing that 30hp number if bike is all stock.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
telet

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 pm

( i suck in english, for any mistakes my apologis)

the firts paper is from yamaha dealer. without that paper i can't register my wr. i don't know how is called in the US. but in my country is homologacijski kartoncek. any change i made on bike it must be registred.
or i can get realy high penalty or they can even take my bike. even if i change the mirrors they have to be CE aproval and they have to have A-test for EU. the mirrors are not so critical, but if the pig (cop) have a bad day. he can take my bike and i get a penalty. so there for is all stock cuz i don't have any parts that are A-tested and i'm a little bit short on money Very happy for now.
the second paper is paper registration for wr.

offical yamaha dealer
http://www.motocenter-klekl.com/index.php?id_izd=464
look under največja moč (najvecja moc - max power)

i'm not saying that this power is measured at the rear tire.
but this data are all corect for wr250x in EU.

How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Imag0212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Fast Will It Go   How Fast Will It Go - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Fast Will It Go
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2